Who is He?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 26, 2010
John 16:12-15

12 "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.

Who is he that Jesus talking about

He must be a man

S

Shwagga

12 "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.

He must be a man
No he isn't talking about Muhammed. The answer is in the text "Spirit of truth".

L

lighthousejohn

He must be a man
The Spirit of Truth is the Holy Spirit!

In Christ,
John

G

giantone

John 14:17 *Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 15:26 *¶But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:13 *Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

1 John 4:6 *We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
(last spirit of truth is a small "s")

S

Slepsog4

WOW! I thought it was pretty obvious that the "he" was the Holy Spirit whom Jesus had promised would come to empower and equip the apostles for their ministry. He is not a man. He is called the Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, the Holy Spirit (cp. John 14:15-18, 26; 16:7-15).

This coming occurred on the Day of Pentecost (AD 30) cf. Acts 2:1ff.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009

He must be a man
He is the Holy Spirit.

G

greatkraw

there is no arabic word for truth:)

I

Israel

John 16:1-13

These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.

2They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
3And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.
4But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.
5But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?
6But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.
7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

The Holy spirit is the Spirit of Truth. Jesus said that when He goes away, this Spirt will reprove the world of sin, righteousness and judgment. What or who is this Spirit?

John 6:63

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

The Spirit that we are to be filled with is the true word of God. This is the Spirit of truth. The everlasting gospel but this truth needs a voice. So who delivered this truth or message?

Revelation 1:1-2

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

The message or Spirit of truth is delivered by the messenger. An angel of the Lord.

Revelation 12:5-10

And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
6And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Jesus ascended, Satan was kicked out of heaven and then from there a loud voice saying that salvation has now come.

Revelation 14:6-11

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
8And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
9And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 11And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

To be filled with the Spirit is to be filled with the true word or gospel of God. The messenger to the world is an angel.

Exodus 23:20-22

Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.

21Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him. 22But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries.

May 18, 2010
a good book dealing with that was written by David Benjamin Keldani ... just search it and read it, if interested.

Peace be upon you,

NoahsDad

Oct 30, 2006

He must be a man
15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.
This verse tells Who te He in the previous verses is,it is the Father,whom owns all that belongs to the savior,and all that belongs to the savior is His..........

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
The Holy Spirit, who is God. Indeed, he is God's Spirit. Not His word, (He inspired the word, so He could not be the word,) and not the gospel, (because the gospel is the message about the giving of the Spirit to those who are saved. The Spirit is not a messenger. He is God, God in us, the hope of glory. He is how Jesus lives in us, and how we are born of God into His family. He is to us truth and life and salvation

C

Crazy4GODword

The Holy Spirit, also mentioned in also Genesis about GOD's Spirit hovering the earth.

A

Angel371

Christ is the Spirit of truth because no deciet lies came out of His mouth ref 2nd cor 3/17 Now the Lord is the Spirit (of truth) and where the Spirit (truth) of the Lord is there is liberty ref 1st John chapter 5 verse 6 it is the Spirit that bears witness because the Spirit is truth John 3/16 for God so loved the world that He (the Word) gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him (the Spirit of truth) should not perish but have everlasting life. I christ am the way the truth and the life no one comes to the Father (the Word) but by Me (the Spirit of truth I (the Spirit of truth and My Father (the Word) are One (they are One in truth. it is written in your law the testimony of two men is true (the Spirit of truth Christ and the Father (the Word) the Lord (the Word) said to My Lord (the Spirit of truth) sit at My right hand till I (the Word) make your ememies your footstool