who is Jesus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

DesiredHaven

Duet 18:18 Prophet
Psalm 45:6 God

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
God in the flesh/ the word/ the lamb of God/ the I am/ the first born from the dead/the God man/son of God/savior/king of kings/lord of lords/the only way/the door/shepherd/master/creator/redeemer

Dec 18, 2013
Jesus is Son of God. His every word is prophecy and he is also the living embodiment and fulfillment of the prophecies by the prophets.

The question of how is simple to answer; with God anything is possible.

L

leonardronaldo

According to quran, Isa is:

1. Word of Allah (Sura 3:45, 4:171)
2. held in honor in this world and the Hereafter and of those nearest to Allah (Sura 3:45)
3. Apostle of Allah (Sura 4:171)
4. Spirit of Allah (Sura 4:171)

Is the Word of Allah eternal or created? Is the Spirit of Allah eternal or created?

L

leonardronaldo

Kk then but how can it be possible
This post reminds me that allah is not omnipotent.

Sura 6:100-101 : And they make the jinn associates with Allah, while He created them, and they falsely attribute to Him sons and daughters without knowledge; glory be to Him, and highly exalted is He above what they ascribe (to Him). Wonderful Originator of the heavens and the earth! How could He have a son when He has no consort, and He (Himself) created everything, and He is the Knower of all things.

Allah seemed to have forgotten what he himself said to Mary previously:
Sura19:19-21 : He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son. She said: How can I have a son when no mortal hath touched me, neither have I been unchaste? He said: So (it will be). Thy Lord saith: It is easy for Me. And (it will be) that We may make of him a revelation for mankind and a mercy from Us, and it is a thing ordained.

Another problem to be asked is why did allah even equals himself to human level (by needing a consort)? Why allah limits his thinking to biological and sexual point of view of son?

Oops, astagfirullah, nobody should ask questions on the quran, especially those who believe.
Al Ma'ida 5: 101 : O ye who believe! ask not questions about things which if made plain to you may cause you trouble. But if ye ask about things when the Qur'an is being revealed they will be made plain to you: 102 Some people before you did ask such questions and on that account lost their faith

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Kk then but how can it be possible[/QUOTE
God is:
Omniscient= All Knowing, Omnipotent= All-Powerful, Omnipresent= Existing Everywhere at Once
With God, all things are possible. By his word he created, spoke into and it was so.
Whatever he says happens or is.

Dec 18, 2013
Interesting here but don't see how a human can be God
Man is made in God's image. So it is not much to wonder at. Since Jesus is the Messiah, in order to fulfill the prophecies of the Messiah he had to be born to the virgin as a human.

M

MyLighthouse

Ask God who Jesus is. Pray and read the Bible, even google search scriptures on Jesus in prophecy.

Jesus is the Messiah or as Peter said "the Son of God", the anointed one God sent as our offering. So much more than a prophet. Biblically...God is holy and it is written He can't dwell with sin, how could He take all the sin of the world? And if the heavens of the heavens can't contain him, how could a body?

I could go on and on, but people will definitely get upset, so again ask God, read the Word, your answers will always be there. God bless :)

L

leonardronaldo

Wonder why the OP was banned. Anyway, may he comes back to read more, and may the Holy Spirit leads him to the Bible and shows His grace upon him and other muslims in Pakistan.

Mar 21, 2015
..... in order to fulfill the prophecies of the Messiah he had to be born to the virgin as a human.
There was no such prophecy.

Is 'virgin' or 'young woman' the correct translation of Isaiah 7:14?
The Hebrew word in Isaiah 7:14 is "almah," and its inherent meaning is "young woman."
..... the word does not necessarily imply virginity. "Almah" occurs seven times in the Hebrew Scriptures (
Genesis 24:43;Exodus 2:8;Psalm 68:25;Proverbs 30:19;Song of Solomon 1:3;6:8;Isaiah 7:14). None of these instances demands the meaning "virgin."

http://jewsforjudaism.org/knowledge/articles/answers/jewish-polemics/texts/isaiah-714-a-virgin-birth/

The word Almah has been mistranslated by most Christians as “virgin.”
In truth this word means “young women.” Additionally, the definite article (Ha-ה) means “the” and indicates that the prophet is speaking about a specific woman who he can point to.

D

DesiredHaven

Virgin or `almah 5959

Showing its used 7 times

virgin 4, maid 2, damsels 1

Used also for finding a wife for Isaac

Gen 24:43 Behold, I stand by the well of water; and it shall come to pass, that when the virgin 5959 cometh forth to draw water, and I say to her, Give me, I pray thee, a little water of thy pitcher to drink;

Used in combination with (next verse)

Gen 24:44 And she say to me, Both drink thou, and I will also draw for thy camels: let the same be the woman 802 whom the LORD hath appointed out for my master's son.

Shown down further as 'ishshah

Virgin is also used

Virgin or bĕthuwlah 1330

Showing its used 50 times

virgin 38, maid 7, maiden 5

Even this way qualified

Judges 21:12 And they found among the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead four hundred young virgins, 1330 that had known no man by lying with any male: and they brought them unto the camp to Shiloh, which is in the land of Canaan.

Women or 'ishshah 802

Shown many ways

wife 425, woman 324, one 10, married 5, female 2, misc 14

And even this way as qualified

Numbers 21:35 And thirty and two thousand persons in all, of women 802 that had not known man by lying with him.

Just as virgin (or`almah ) is used for Isaacs wife (to be) alongside of the same ('ishshah) in the next verse. Shown here specifically of women (as the verse defines it (in particular) as those women ('ishshah) that had not known a man by lying with him

New testament is inclusive of the same

When told she would conceive by the angel

Luke 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

A virgin or parthenos 3933

Speaking of the same Mary it says

Luke 1:27 To a virgin 3933 espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

Which here means...

1) a virgin
a) a marriageable maiden
b) a woman who has never had sexual intercourse with a man
c) one's marriageable daughter
2) a man who has abstained from all uncleanness and whoredom attendant on idolatry, and so has kept his chastity
a) one who has never had intercourse with women

Paul also uses this one in reference to Mary

Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman 1135, made under the law,

Woman or gynē 1135

Used this many times of these likewise

women 129, wife 92

1) a woman of any age, whether a virgin, or married, or a widow
2) a wife
a) of a betrothed woman

Dec 1, 2014
May I ask..'Why do you revere such a cutthroat, scheming, ruthless maurauding murderer named mohammed?" Compair his lifestyle with that of JESUS CHRIST. Will my answer turn you away from islam? IF it does, you are wise and have an eternal home, safe and secure in CHRIST. If my answer does NOT change you, spiritually speaking, you have already made up your mind anyway.

Mar 21, 2015
May I ask..'Why do you revere such a cutthroat, scheming, ruthless maurauding murderer .....
To whom is your question addressed, Pwrn ?
Not me, I hope. I have expressed no such 'reverence' for anyone.