Who is Jesus?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
No because the verse says they are GIVEN that life so they do have a beginning but being given eternal life means they will have no ending. This would be what number three of the definition means:

3) without end, never to cease, everlasting

DISCLAIMER: I have respect for every single person here. I hope that we can agree, or at least agree to disagree. Never take anything I say as angry, because I am here to love and share biblical truth as I see it. I respect everyone’s God-given right to freewill thought and decision. I will open-mindedly consider what you have to say, and hope that you will do the same for me…

Ok, then Jesus had #3

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
I understand the concept of what you are trying to explain, but it is not the comcept of YHVH Elohim. YHVH is Father, is Yeshua is Ruach. There is not three different Gods all rolled into one. Yeshua is YHVH in flesh. Ruach is YHVH in Spirit.

That is why Yeshua was never created but always Creator.

Sorry for assuming you are a JW but the way you understand God is very close to what they preach. :)[/

DISCLAIMER: I have respect for every single person here. I hope that we can agree, or at least agree to disagree. Never take anything I say as angry, because I am here to love and share biblical truth as I see it. I respect everyone’s God-given right to freewill thought and decision. I will open-mindedly consider what you have to say, and hope that you will do the same for me…

Well then I agree to disagree. The bible shows God to be three different beings (the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit). The bible says Jesus was the first born (created), and that after He was created He created everything else. Thank you for sharing your beliefs with me, and allowing me to share mine with you.

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
Hello again OneFaith, the Bible tells us that God "created the heavens and the earth" (Genesis 1:1) BEFORE He called light into existence by saying, "let there be light".

So, if what you believe is true (that the Lord Jesus is actually the "light" that God created in Genesis 1:3 .. which He called "day" in v5), then you are not correct about Him creating "all things" (as the big daddy of all Creation, the Universe itself, was created PRIOR to God calling "light" into existence).

Actually, God made it clear for us that there is ONE God, period, and that He is the only God who will ever exist. For instance,

Deuteronomy 6
4 “Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!
Isaiah 43
10 “You are My witnesses,” declares the LORD,
“And My servant whom I have chosen,
In order that you may know and believe Me
And understand that I am He.
Before Me there was no God formed,
And there will be none after Me.
11 “I, even I, am the LORD,
And there is no Savior besides Me.

The Bible tells us plainly that there is ONE Divine "Being" who we refer to as "God". However, the Bible also makes it clear that this one and only God has ~always~ existed/will always continue to exist as THREE, distinct "Persons". One Divine Being/God existing both from and to everlasting as three distinct Divine Persons is what the Bible tells us about Him.

God has ALWAYS existed. He was not created (or "born"). The same is, of course, true of all three Members of the Godhead, the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. That said, God the Son, who existed from everlasting with a Divine nature, was incarnated (born) about 2,000 years ago and took on a second, human nature at that point in time, and so He continues to exist today in Heaven, as the God/man with both a Divine and a human nature (and a now glorified human body).

Hope that helps :)

~Deut

A yolk, a white, and a shell are all one egg. The church is one body (Colossians 1). I do not deny that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are one God, just as the members of Christ’s body are one church. It is possible for one member of the church to do one thing while another member of the church does another thing, while both are in the same mind-frame, and caring out the same purpose- spreading the gospel. In the same way, it is possible for GOD the Father to create Jesus, and for GOD the Son to create everything else, and still have all creation be created by GOD.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018

Ok, then Jesus had #3
He had no beginning as well. None of the Trinity had a beginning.

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
He had no beginning as well. None of the Trinity had a beginning.

How is He firstborn if He is not ‘born’?

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019
It is my understanding that Jesus is fully human and fully divine (FHaFD). It is also my understanding that Jesus has always existed and always will (saying anything to the contrary would have me kicked out of here for heresy). It is also my understanding that Adam was the first human.
This Scripture will help answer your question: "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom" (2 Corinthians 3:17).

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018

firstborn can have a figurative meaning and that is the case when it says Christ is the firstborn of all creation. Being born from his mother Mary is a completely different thing.

Jul 23, 2018

Truth is truth whether you know every dynamic of it or not.

He was not one dimensionally born.

He was born of a virgin..
Conceived by the Holy Spirit.

In that birth he continued as God. Never ended and became man.
He continued on as a man. A God Man.

"Born" in no way suggests what you assert.

Jul 23, 2018

A yolk, a white, and a shell are all one egg. The church is one body (Colossians 1). I do not deny that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are one God, just as the members of Christ’s body are one church. It is possible for one member of the church to do one thing while another member of the church does another thing, while both are in the same mind-frame, and caring out the same purpose- spreading the gospel. In the same way, it is possible for GOD the Father to create Jesus, and for GOD the Son to create everything else, and still have all creation be created by GOD.
No
Jesus is creator.

Period

God has no creator.

The Godhead existed from eternity past.

The cults all agree Jesus was created.

Jul 23, 2018

Ok, then Jesus had #3
It ain't mental

Feb 22, 2021
It is my understanding that Jesus is fully human and fully divine (FHaFD). It is also my understanding that Jesus has always existed and always will (saying anything to the contrary would have me kicked out of here for heresy). It is also my understanding that Adam was the first human.
Jesus His Pre-Eminence, is the GOD in HIS incarnate Manifestation.