Who is really driving sober?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

as_i_am

Junior Member
May 16, 2012
21
0
1
While sitting next to Chandler, our youngest son, (as he is learning to drive), I notice an awkwardness that I seemed to remember quite well when I started driving. He was noticeably nervous and says something to me that I find interesting. He says, “My hands are so sweaty.” I replied, “Why?” He says, “because I am driving a big hunk of steel that can kill anything that I might hit with it.” Wow, I thought, what a HEALTHY dose of fear!
Then this morning, The Lord showed me an analogy that as Christians we need a healthy dose of the Fear of God and to not live life “willy nilly”. We drive at first with a healthy knowledge and even over compensate at times. Then later, in a few years or less, some take driving for granted and are caught not paying attention like we had in the beginning. We might be on the phone, listening to music or just in our own thoughts, just distracted. Along the way in our life and some in the pride of not having collisions, or tickets we might get a little less careful. Then, through a blind spot or not paying much attention, a collision or ticket occurs. Not only one, but two or more people are not ready, not paying attention. As we see in Philippians 3, confidence in the flesh isn’t a profitable thing.
The Holy Spirit testifies through a believer to stay sober minded.- 1 Peter 5:8. He wants us to know the enemy can catch us off guard especially in a time where everything had been going well. We need to watch for the coming storms- Matt 7:25. As soon as our feet hit the floor, we should learn preparedness. But why does the Lord allow it? Does He test the hearts that claim to be His? Yes, according to Jeremiah 17:9-10
It is so easy to praise God and raise hands that don’t hurt and sing with a voice that isn’t full of bronchitis. That is as easy as loving those who love you. Even the worldly can do this. Are we daily, moment to moment checking or behavior or for sins that latch on so easily to deceive us? Are we ready like Job to fight the good fight? Are we ready for the end of THIS world and to give it back to God in order to be ready for the world to come?
Jesus is our confidence, so be blessed.
 

Attachments

  • 11742810_924653777581621_5270584538061285147_n.jpg
    11742810_924653777581621_5270584538061285147_n.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 168
Hi as-I-am

I was encouraged by how God brought revelation to you through an every-day event. I tend to forget to put enough gas in my car and often worry whether I will make it to the gas station. Recently I made a rule that I will fill my tank when it gets half so that I would never get to empty again.....and the sobering message I heard in my spirit was "it would be great if you could be as concerned for your spirit as you are for your gas tank". For a moment it puzzled me, but then it hit me......when I feel spiritually lost and try and meditate on scriptures and they don't work, it was due to neglecting God's Word when things were going well....it's during the good times, when our spiritual tanks are not even half, when we need to meditate on God's word even more so that we can get to the stage of our cups overflowing!