Who is receiving the Spirit?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 18, 2017
I wouldn't trust the kjv knowing about the process of the TR and Erasmus if someone paid me a trillion dollars.
I did not ask you to trust the KJV. Go and check out all the modern versions and then retract your baloney. It does no one a service to post false information about the Bible.

As to the KJB, you have just shown your ignorance. But we do not need to discuss the KJB.

Jan 24, 2024
I did not ask you to trust the KJV. Go and check out all the modern versions and then retract your baloney. It does no one a service to post false information about the Bible.

As to the KJB, you have just shown your ignorance. But we do not need to discuss the KJB.
It's not a matter of checking any version. It's about how those specific verses got in there and how they were used improperly. We have a complete church history about it had you read the SCHOLARS/THEOLOGIANS!!

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Getting back to the topic .. 😀😃

So. What we began with was the distinction in when the Holy Spirit works on the individual and when He is empowering groups/churches.

So if I assume the disciples who believed and were baptized unto John's baptism did not have the Holy Spirit indwelling their soul.. how does that compare with those who had the Holy Spirit indwelling them right at the time of belief?