Who is seeing this?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
It is common for prophesy to be fulfilled in multiple locations and times. The coming of Messiah is but one example.
Yes of course, but with the coming of the Messiah, the Old Testament prophecies are actually stated in the New Testament as referring to Christ's coming. Interpreting the fall of Babylon to refer to the IMF doesn't have similar scriptural backing, as far as I can see.
 
Yes, the context is Babylon:

(Rev 18:1) After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illuminated with his glory.
(Rev 18:2) And he cried mightily with a loud voice, saying, "Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird!
(Rev 18:3) For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich through the abundance of her luxury."
(Rev 18:4) And I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.

I have read some commentators who say that "Babylon" refers to Rome (either pagan or ecclesiastical), or Jerusalem, but it seems a stretch to make it mean the IMF, in my view.

The primary application of "Babylon" is the capitalist economic systems of which seven are mentioned in Rev. 17:10. The secondary application of "Babylon" is the nation/kingdom that sponsors the capitalist economic system, which in our case is the U. S. as referenced in Rev. 8:8-9.

So, when the U.S. falls, (Rev. 8:8-9) then Babylon number six falls (Rev. 17:10).
 
Yes of course, but with the coming of the Messiah, the Old Testament prophecies are actually stated in the New Testament as referring to Christ's coming. Interpreting the fall of Babylon to refer to the IMF doesn't have similar scriptural backing, as far as I can see.
I'm not sure I follow your thought; I can be a little slow sometimes. I is it your position that no prophesy can be fulfilled after Christ's birth?
 
  • Like
Reactions: GRACE_ambassador
I'm not sure I follow your thought; I can be a little slow sometimes. I is it your position that no prophesy can be fulfilled after Christ's birth?
No that wasn't my point. I do apologise for not stating my point sufficiently clearly. I'll try to do so now: You had said that it is common for prophesy to be fulfilled in multiple locations and times, and gave the example of the OT prophecies of the coming of Christ. I was trying to say that the difference between interpreting certain Old Testament prophecies as relating to the coming of Christ, and interpreting prophecies about the fall of Babylon as relating to the IMF, is that in the former, we have plenty of verses in the New Testament that make it very clear that Christ's coming fulfilled certain OT prophecies. For example:

(Mat 2:4) And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he inquired of them where the Christ was to be born.
(Mat 2:5) So they said to him, "In Bethlehem of Judea, for thus it is written by the prophet:
(Mat 2:6) 'BUT YOU, BETHLEHEM, IN THE LAND OF JUDAH, ARE NOT THE LEAST AMONG THE RULERS OF JUDAH; FOR OUT OF YOU SHALL COME A RULER WHO WILL SHEPHERD MY PEOPLE ISRAEL.' "

(Mat 1:21) And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name JESUS, for He will save His people from their sins."
(Mat 1:22) So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying:
(Mat 1:23) "BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD, AND BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL," which is translated, "God with us."

However, obviously the bible doesn't mention the IMF, so saying that prophecies about the fall of Babylon refer to the IMF must involve making assumptions.

Hopefully that explains a bit more clearly what I meant.
 
No that wasn't my point. I do apologise for not stating my point sufficiently clearly. I'll try to do so now: You had said that it is common for prophesy to be fulfilled in multiple locations and times, and gave the example of the OT prophecies of the coming of Christ. I was trying to say that the difference between interpreting certain Old Testament prophecies as relating to the coming of Christ, and interpreting prophecies about the fall of Babylon as relating to the IMF, is that in the former, we have plenty of verses in the New Testament that make it very clear that Christ's coming fulfilled certain OT prophecies. For example:

(Mat 2:4) And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he inquired of them where the Christ was to be born.
(Mat 2:5) So they said to him, "In Bethlehem of Judea, for thus it is written by the prophet:
(Mat 2:6) 'BUT YOU, BETHLEHEM, IN THE LAND OF JUDAH, ARE NOT THE LEAST AMONG THE RULERS OF JUDAH; FOR OUT OF YOU SHALL COME A RULER WHO WILL SHEPHERD MY PEOPLE ISRAEL.' "

(Mat 1:21) And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name JESUS, for He will save His people from their sins."
(Mat 1:22) So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying:
(Mat 1:23) "BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD, AND BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL," which is translated, "God with us."

However, obviously the bible doesn't mention the IMF, so saying that prophecies about the fall of Babylon refer to the IMF must involve making assumptions.

Hopefully that explains a bit more clearly what I meant.
It does, thank you. I fully agree.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DavidLamb
Know who you are is most important .!
Don't confuse Who you are Told to Be of carnal men.
Jesus himself showed us this in His trial.
The part Jesus was silent spoke Nothing .chk it out and know this is a real trial.
Then you hear Jesus say" You Say who I am"..
By Knowing who you are
By The Lord Jesus your God you know His voice .
This should Hold you firm. Cus when the Pretender with legal control power, says they are god.,In all places .
The pretender s will say stuff like your a good person human ,citizen and whole lot of words, you won't even find in kjv
Bottom line, God made Man! He may call me Son .
The Lord will never call Me Human , Good Person, resident occupant defendant etc .
Who you are or not That's how you can Know True Anointed ,from false Christ.
Hope this opens to The power of Words
let them Be Spirit life Blessings
 
Hi, all!
Its been a long time since I posted. An awful.lot has been going on, personally and on the world stage. Im.still having some grief issues, house infestation issues, health issues, and financial issues.
Its been 22 months since my stepdad died and 17 months since my Mom died. I think what ai would like to do is sell my house as is and hopefully realtor would be able to pay off mortgage as part of sale price and provide some equity. The house is old had leaks cracks and hence an open door for roaches to get in. Whike an extermibator treated and most are gone allergens are left behind making me break out! Im drawing SS and trying to work part time but I am having health issues.Recently, I had an echo and there's the start of some CHF. Im not obese in fact Ive lost a lot of weight but this runs in my family. With current economy my finsnces are extremely tight. I need another place to live. Funds have dried up in SC. I ask a few things, clean, in a safe area, and no risk of pests in new home and ability to keep sone of my parents possessions which I treasure, few items furniture, clothing, Bibles, and photos. Your prayers for me sooo appreciated.
There is a topic also of concern.Are you guys seeing what Im seeing? The escalation of prophecy. Leaders proclaiming themselves as God. I think of all the times Jesus told the disciples to take heed that they be not deceived. He was talking to believers not sinners who are already deceived.I believe judgement is now beginning at the house of God as the Scriptures say. Other countries have suffered persecution for their faith for years but we seem to feel we are exempt as Americans! I think its time to wise up dont you? The Scriptures tell us Jesus is coming for a bride without spot or blemish bor one just waiting on a great escape. Love to hear your insights!
Hmm no not seeing this. I don't know of one believer now.. I could have missed it that "proclaiming themselves as God". Christ coming for a bride without spot or blemish... its not the world not sinners its the believes, followers, Christians that trust in believe in Jesus that came in the flesh and died on the cross for the worlds sin was burred and rose the 3rd day the only way to the Father. Those are they that are spotless without blemish. Christ coming.. a great escape? Amen count me in.

Christ never lied what He said was only what the Father said. We know on earth as it is in heaven. All things not some not a few but all things are possible to them that believe. One scripture I held on to all my life since I was so very young .. I told Him.. you promised "and nothing shall by any means hurt me". Its one thing to suffer because of your faith in Christ.. this world hits ever one of us.. greater is He that is in us then he that's in the world. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I had ever promise read at my wedding over 40 years ago simply believes I believed it.. and as Isaac was I am a child or promise. Peter and John after that man was healed... that man they never asked never prayed to God to do anything what was in them is in you and me (Jesus). They told them why do you look at us as if we did this by our own power? oooh YES.. that name faith in that name healed this men.

He said you have not because you asked not or you asked wrong. Read His word.. find those faith verses.. find His promises.. that He gave you.. for He can not lie. My people perish for a lack of knowledge.

What comes to mind.. for you is Isa 41 10. Yes... "So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." No matter what you feel what you see know He is for you never against you.. He will bring you out..
 
I think God is using the USA to execute judgment on the anti-Christian leadership and murderous military of Iran.
Dan 4:35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

No government or person can do anything unless God allows it.

One day God has to end sin on earth.

So He has to allow the world to have their way for a certain amount of time.

I believe America has a dual purpose.

To start the separation process.

Which she allows the truth to be preached in the nation and the world.

But she allows all religions to be practiced there even Satanism.

And worldliness, and fleshy pleasures.

And America is the key to why the beast kingdom came about with the Babylonian spirit.

Dan 7:20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.

President Trump is a con man and a deceiver.

He posted a video that after his presidency he wants to run for Prime Minister in Israel.

But the antichrist will want to establish peace in the Middle East.

Trump is not the antichrist but he is part of it.

And Trump is more stout than his fellows.

Trump lacks the 2 ingredients to be right with God, love and faith.

He loves money which the love of money is the root of all evil.

He is following the new age christianity.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LTL
I think God is using the USA to execute judgment on the anti-Christian leadership and murderous military of Iran.

I agree with you on this. I've been watching very closely. My concerns are motives. Its a complicated situation the president is involved with.
Over the years I have been seeing God move on all aspects pointing to the end times.
Many see it as Gods judgment but I sorta disagree on the judgment and more of God relaxing his restraint.
As more and more seem to turn away from God they also turn away from his blessings and start to believe the lies.
We all have to admit that common sense has taken a backseat and morality has become whatever you call it.
Lawlessness is the expression of disagreement, hatred is a valid reason, and to encourage our youth to fight for what they think is right.
The lesson of the day is this....a little leaven leavens the whole lump.
According to the book of revelation this chaos causes the Great tribulation in which man will seek another man for answers instead of repenting and asking for Gods favor. In which God answers and the man of sin is revealed.
God is exposing the hearts of the people imo bringing prophecy to pass to show his word to be truth.
I've also noticed that when Gods judgment does come the people on the earth know its from God and try to hide.
A interesting parallel to consider,