Who Is The Bridegroom & What Does That Title Mean to You For Relating to God By?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 21, 2012
Who is the Bridegroom and what does that title mean to you for relating to God by?

John 3:[SUP]28 [/SUP]Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. [SUP]29 [/SUP]He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. [SUP]30 [/SUP]He must increase, but I must decrease.

Matthew 9:15And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.

Being how this warning below was written to a church in Revelation, how can believers today avoid leaving their first love?

Revelation 2:[SUP]4 [/SUP]Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. [SUP]5 [/SUP]Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

John 14:[SUP]6 [/SUP]Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Re: Who Is The Bridegroom & What Does That Title Mean to You For Relating to God By?

Here is my answer- Jesus is the bridegroom and i am the bride. because i am madly in love with him,

P

Powemm

Re: Who Is The Bridegroom & What Does That Title Mean to You For Relating to God By?

Awesome Blain... simply awesome! He is our Beloved, and we are His

Dec 21, 2012

Here is my answer- Jesus is the bridegroom and i am the bride. because i am madly in love with him,
And what about the other question in the OP?

Being how this warning below was written to a church in Revelation, how can believers today avoid leaving their first love?

Revelation 2:[SUP]4 [/SUP]Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. [SUP]5 [/SUP]Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

John 14:[SUP]6 [/SUP]Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012

Hmm well my first love was my addiction to video games and i gave that up to follow god. I don't know if that is what you meant or not but that is just the interpretation i get

Apr 6, 2012

The “Bride of the Lamb” (Jesus Christ) is also referred to as the “New Jerusalem.” (Revelations 3:12; 21:2, 9-11) And, this New Jerusalem is heavenly-not earthly-for it comes down “out of heaven from God.”-Revelations 21:10.

The Apostle Paul identified this bride further as composed of the members of the earthly Christian Congregation. (2 Corinthians 11:2) Those initially “chosen” were told that this “citizenship exists in the heavens” and that their hope is to receive “an incorruptible and undefiled and unfading inheritance.” (Philippians 3:20; 1 Peter 1:1, 4) Paul also likened the congregation as earthly wives who are in subjection to their earthly husbands. (Ephesians 5:23-25, 32) Keep in mind that a wife-literally or symbolically-takes on her husband’s name.

However, only 144,000 of the anointed from the Christian Congregation will make up composite Bride of Christ. (Revelations 14:1) This arrangement does not include those who await a resurrection to an earthly abode/paradise. (John 10:16; Revelation 7:9-18) Jesus made this distinction clear when he mentioned to his disciples of two different arrangements: heavenly and earthly.-Luke 12:32; John14:2, 3.