Who made the first sacrifice? Daily Audio Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ariel82

I decided to listen to the yearly audio bible and something struck me:

Who made the first sacrifice?

Many would say Able and Cain.

However if you read the Bible, the first sacrifice was made by God to cover Adam and Eve:

Genesis 3: [SUP]21 [/SUP]Also for Adam and his wife the Lord God made tunics of skin, and clothed them.

It makes me think of the symbolism of sacrifice and how it ties into Christ sacrifice and His cleansing blood. What are your thoughts? Why was Cain's sacrifice not accepted?

I listened to how Cain's face fell and thought of how like children we still are. How we are disappointed when we do not have our Father's approval. How we react poorly because of our disappointment instead of listening to God's advice:

Genesis 4 [SUP]6 [/SUP]So the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? [SUP]7 [/SUP]If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.”
and

Ephesians 4:26
Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, [SUP]27 [/SUP]nor give place to the devil.

Psalm 4:4Be angry, and do not sin. Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. Selah
Do we follow God's teaching? do we meditate in our heart when we are angry and pray for God's understanding to replace our own? Do we forgive as God has forgiven? Do we have hearts filled with His love? Can we train our children the same way God trains us to follow His ways?

God please grant us wisdom to know and courage to do Your will and speak Your words into the lives around us. IN Jesus name we pray, Amen.

If anyone is interested in joining me and discussing the bible here is the following website:

Bible | Daily Audio Bible, Bible Study Tools Online

You can download all of the past ones from this year free via itunes.

I tend to listen to them while cleaning house and doing other chores.

Hope you all are having a wonderful day. God bless.