Who r u?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

i have this tendency to isolate when things got messy at times and i guess it didn't really helped my problems. So I joined here hoping could have someone to talk to and encourage as well in a Godly manner. ^_^
Welcome :) Thanks for sharing your heart

K

kayem77

i definitely hide the side of me that NEEDS anyone's approval.
i like to pretend for a second that i am self sufficient and i wouldn't care at all if you rejected me.

but the truth is. i DO need you (a very general you)
and it will sting like wildfire if you reject me.

i will get over it of course. but. it will only serve to add to a culmination of rejections from people, and further underline my belief that i really CAN'T be myself.

i'm probably not fooling anyone. my insecurities likely show.
i wear my heart on my sleeve. BUT. i do TRY to hide it.
Keren, you're awesome :)

R

Relena7

I sometimes hide my shining optimistic side to avoid put-downs from others. Some will assume it means I don't know pain, or that I can't acknowledge their pain is real, but that's far from the truth.

I hide my strong opinions to avoid attracting unnecessary conflict. Already got enough conflict in my head. :p

And I hide the fact that I am a bit eccentric. I evolved to be shy and insecure so I could use that as my blanket so that I don't have to face the fact that I'm meant to be boldly different.

I hide my quirky preferences so that people won't go out of their way to make me feel better. It makes me feel guilty when people are too nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GreenNnice

I sometimes hide my shining optimistic side to avoid put-downs from others. Some will assume it means I don't know pain, or that I can't acknowledge their pain is real, but that's far from the truth.

I hide my strong opinions to avoid attracting unnecessary conflict. Already got enough conflict in my head. :p

And I hide the fact that I am a bit eccentric. I evolved to be shy and insecure so I could use that as my blanket so that I don't have to face the fact that I'm meant to be boldly different.

I hide my quirky preferences so that people won't go out of their way to make me feel better. It makes me feel guilty when people are too nice.
---
Amén , boldly different.

Yes, that is maybe the best word, one of 'em anyway, to describe Jesus way of living His life as a human on Earth . And, Jesus, not so coincidentally, said that so true in so many words, speaking to His disciples right before Jesus sentí to he at the 'right hand of God', speaking here of in two last parts of two gospel books of the bible. These are two of the most feared, yet revered, verses, I think, for Christians. Evangelista-challenging verses of all time helping us realize we are asked by Jesus to do things in the name of the Trinity, being given all power to do so by God our Father in Heaven. Our mission field, wherever that may be, is where God wants us to go do His work.
----------
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observé all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen.
Matthew 28: 19-20

---+++----
We find out who we are, that is, we find out who God wants us to be, by bolding believing in Him enough to go into the world and preach His name , close to home, or, far away, or, maybe, far, far away, to reach the green people that need God , like Shrek :D

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

My family views me as un-emotional and cold. They say things like, i have no feelings and i was born without tear ducts... i however am very emotional, i just wait until im alone to process anything that could really upset me

G

GreenNnice

My family views me as un-emotional and cold. They say things like, i have no feelings and i was born without tear ducts... i however am very emotional, i just wait until im alone to process anything that could really upset me
----
Awwww, Nods, you're sweet as a tart cherry concentrate, cute as a baby's belly button, with enough dry , wry humor to dissipate a flood :)

Aug 2, 2009
Thats not being cold...thats called being strong!

C

Catlynn

Hmm I know that I have many shortcomings...I guess I just don't too much hide them these days. I tend to have a very bad memory and things get jumbled around in my head which, in turn, makes me look and feel stupid when it comes out of my mouth. lol So I find myself avoiding some conversations because of it. I also have a need for appreciation (not necessarily approval) that I think takes a toll on me sometimes. I can easily become a Martha, trying so hard for that notice, that I forget to be still and focus on the relationships I'm in with friends and family. I'm very much driven by my servant's heart but it can also get me in trouble, so to speak. :)

K

koalabear

Who am I? I am a victim of tv and fake politics and mindless programming!