Who was Lillith?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcap

I have heard that she was the first woman created the same way as Adam,and because she thought she was equal to Adam and did not have to obey she was banished.Does anyone know if this true?

Apr 23, 2009
No it is not true, it is a Jewish myth. They say her and Adam separated, and she said the name of God, and God cursed her. She is supposed to be the first vampire, and or the cause of miscarriages. They say ''Lilith'' killed the baby in the womb.

Feb 27, 2007
I have heard that she was the first woman created the same way as Adam,and because she thought she was equal to Adam and did not have to obey she was banished.Does anyone know if this true?
This is a myth and has no Biblical foundation. "they" whoever they are, say that lilith was before Eve and there is nothing to support this & i wonder the motivation in stating that Adam had two wives and God gave the first wife the boot. Good grief. Seems to be a trend adding stuff to the Bible that just isnt there. Lillith is mentioned in isaiah and is in reference to a demon but there is no connection between that demon and Adam in my opinion. people use this to promote hate towards other races stating that they are spawn from the demonic side of Adams couplings. This is hogwash. Again, in my most humble opinion... We need to stop listening to these wacko's and their crazy anti-biblical rants. Google lillith & you'll find all you need to know or need not to know because its all a bunch of hogwash. So whats your take on it mcap?

M

mcap

I actually heard this on TBN,a Christian tv network we get in Chesapeake Va.They said Lilith is written about in a lost book of the Bible,I think they called it Zophar.

Apr 23, 2009
And Zophar is Jewish fiction that ''fills in the blanks'' about creation. It is all myth and has nothing to do with truth.

Feb 27, 2007
I actually heard this on TBN,a Christian tv network we get in Chesapeake Va.They said Lilith is written about in a lost book of the Bible,I think they called it Zophar.

See, how i look at this is how could.... GOD... my GOD!!! the creator of the heavens and the Earth and all things therein... LOSE a book. If its lost its meant to be lost. I just think God is bigger than that and if it was meant to be in the word of God as the word of God it would be and would always have been. Unfortunately we too have a "vision" network that satan uses to perpetrate lies within the programming. they have budhist programming, christian science and others are allowed to subscribe. the same holds for christian networks like miracle channel... just because its on there and the core is Christ as risen lord programing doesnt mean it holds the truth in the individual programs which are of course subject to mans error and influence. I base my belief on the word of God and the promptings of the Holy Spirit when I hear about things like pre-adamic man and stuff like that. The spirit within me rejects these things immediately but the mind that feeds the ego sometimes pursues these matters, in the end we need to rely on Gods word as written, pray for the spirit to help us in correct interpretation and not read or write anything into it that isnt there. Thats just how I go about my walk with the Lord.

S

Slepsog4

This whole subject is laughable. Not only is the name absent in the creation event. If Lilith had rebelled against Adam.... that would have been the original sin.

Lilith is part of Jewish folklore... myth... untrue.

Jan 31, 2009

Do you believe everything you hear???????

Feb 27, 2007
Awww pastor Keith... look at mcaps profile, he is a new Christian & he is here seeking the truth. We could take a moment & love him! Praise the Lord mcap and welcome to life with Christ. Your conviction will grow as strong as those on here one page of the Bible at a time and the Lord will reveal himself to you in ways that will amaze you in your daily life. I pray daily for discernment in my walk as a Christian. Every day you spend seeking his truth in his word is a day and a step away from who you were before your conversion. Spend time daily with God in prayer & in his word. Thats the big thing, reading his word to know his will and his truth. To me if its new its just not true, its either in the Bible or prophesised in the Bible. God bless you and if you find by spending time in these forums your thoughts turn to confusion, take time away from the forums & spend time in his word. Perhaps you are already well read in the Bible, but know now that spiritual matters can not be discerned by someone who doesnt have the Holy Spirit. So now you've been born again, the Bible as you read it, will take on a WHOLE new relevance and meaning and will continue to fill you as you grow in your Christian walk. I dont think I ever heard of another book that continually fills the spirit or the reader decade after decade... its cause its not just a book, its the Word of God. Bless you as you seek Gods truth and protect you from deception. ALWAYS question what you are taught & thats exactly what you've done on here.

Feb 27, 2007
mcap just read some of your other posts... I see you are someone who is growing quickly in the Lord & perhaps didnt need me to explain the importance of the Bible to you...God Bless you in your walk & I truly hope I didnt offend you. YOur sister in Christ.

M

mcap

Do you believe everything you hear???????
When It comes to educated people who claim to be Christians yes I do believe.You have pastor in front of your name,that tells me you know something about what you are talking about.You tell your congregation something and they believe you right? It sounds like you have a real attitude and I am greatful I dont attend your "church".

J

John832

Awww pastor Keith... look at mcaps profile, he is a new Christian & he is here seeking the truth. We could take a moment & love him! Praise the Lord mcap and welcome to life with Christ. Your conviction will grow as strong as those on here one page of the Bible at a time and the Lord will reveal himself to you in ways that will amaze you in your daily life. I pray daily for discernment in my walk as a Christian. Every day you spend seeking his truth in his word is a day and a step away from who you were before your conversion..
Well said imoss, Your words have truth to them.

Colossians 3-12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. 14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

I noticed mcap you grew angry at Pastor Keith. Let this anger go and look to forgiveness. Remember the walk with Christ will not be simplistic. There will be valleys you go through. Remember that pastor Keith was just trying to help. Do not keep a record of these things that anger you. Forgiving someone is not easy. Its much easier to hold onto a grudge or anger. The quicker you are to forgive, the quicker the Lord will forgive you.

As to your question about Lillith.. This is a false message. imoss right discerned that there are no lost books. By suggesting that there are lost books, you are suggesting that God is not in control of his own Bible.

1Chronicles 29:11 Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all.

There are many gnostic gospels. One gnostic gospel even has the gospel of JUDAS ISCARIOT!! I will pass on reading that gospel, thank you very much! I will also pass on all gnostic gospels..

One important thing to remember, Be very careful who you take spiritual advice from. You will find there are many that can lead you astray. If there are books that are not in the bible, they are not in there for a reason. Just look where this discussion of Lillith has lead. You wound up getting mad at Pastor Keith and you lashed out by telling him your glad you don't go his church. The fruits of Lillith are sour indeed!

The story of Lillith is absent from the Bible for a reason. It should be obvious to you now why that is.

Trust in the lord in all ways,

Apr 23, 2009
When It comes to educated people who claim to be Christians yes I do believe.You have pastor in front of your name,that tells me you know something about what you are talking about.You tell your congregation something and they believe you right? It sounds like you have a real attitude and I am greatful I dont attend your "church".
Do not mistake my post as having an attitude, thaddaeus may have one but I do not. That being said you really should believe what people say because they are on T.V. or have a pastor in front of their name. Most of what is said on TBS is false. You really should stick to what the scriptures say. I have a good Pastor and I agree with Him 99% of the time, but if he werwe to say something that I believed the Bible said differently I am not going to just take his word for it, I will study it out for myself. Lillith is a myth, regardles sof where you heard it or by whom. Even if were your own Pastor or mother or grandmother. The bible is the finakl authority and anything that does not line up with scripture is false.

Feb 27, 2007
amen watchman... we should always question what we are taught and question our strongest convictions to see if they line up with Gods word. Deception can be subtle and it is so hard to know that what we are taught is right. This is the reason for the Bible that we would know God and his will for us. People take scripture and twist it to suit their own agendas alot of the time but God is not the agent of confusion. Pray for discernment daily to be in the will of God & to hear the Holy spirit & read his word to know Him. Oh, also people make mistakes, this is why we require Christ. So dont just believe a man.

A

awings7

If something cannot be verified with the Word of God, it never happened. Paul wrote do not give heed
tp fables.

Status
Not open for further replies.