Who/what is controlling you?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

GALATIANS 5
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

A friend of mine was expressing an extreme amount of anger earlier this week and it hit me. He no longer controlled his anger. His anger was controlling him.

Sometimes I don't think we truly appreciate the meaning of self-control. When we do not control ourselves by the power of the Holy Spirit, someone or something else is controlling us. Don't let that happen. Don't allow an outside force to destroy your relationships, families and lives. Surrender your hurt, unforgiveness and anger to God. By the power of God, let the fruit of the Spirit grow and let Christ in you take control.

God bless :)

Nov 10, 2011
I totally agree, and unfortunately, way to many people lose control of themselves way too often.

Aug 2, 2009
These lyrics pretty much sum up the way my emotions often get the best of me during this time of waiting in my life...

"How It Is"

Here's a little trap
That sometimes trips up everyone
When we tire of our own company
Sometimes we're the last to see
beyond the day's frustrations
That's how it is
How it's going to be

It's such a cloudy day
Seems we'll never see the sun
I feel the day is all uncertainty
Burning in the moment
Trapped by the desperation
Between how it is and how it ought to be

Foot upon the stair
Shoulder to the wheel
You can't tell yourself not to care
You can't tell yourself how to feel
That's how it is
Another cloudy day

(excerpt from a song by Rush)

May 18, 2010
Amen, Amen.
If we would just surrender to God we would work for the bettering of society
with open eyes and loving hearts, nations will thrive and people will heal
and creation will know the prosperity of His will for us.

G

greatblue

GALATIANS 5
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

A friend of mine was expressing an extreme amount of anger earlier this week and it hit me. He no longer controlled his anger. His anger was controlling him.

Sometimes I don't think we truly appreciate the meaning of self-control. When we do not control ourselves by the power of the Holy Spirit, someone or something else is controlling us. Don't let that happen. Don't allow an outside force to destroy your relationships, families and lives. Surrender your hurt, unforgiveness and anger to God. By the power of God, let the fruit of the Spirit grow and let Christ in you take control.

God bless :)
Wonderful post. Our hurts must be given to Jesus. If we do not, they will turn into anger, frustration, and feelings of resentment. There is only one trusted emotion: loving God.