Who will get the credit if God answers my prayer?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Twinkle77

Sep 1, 2012
I read a daily devotion on the internet this morning and I just thought to share it with you. I thought it was good food for thought. This daily devotion is Tyndale Life Application March 17.

"Not to us, O LORD, not to us,
but to your name goes all the glory
for your unfailing love and faithfulness — Psalm 115:1 NLT"

Insight
The psalmist asked that God's name, not the nation's, be glorified. Too often we ask God to glorify his name with ours. For example, we may pray for help to do a good job so that our work will be noticed. Or we may ask that a presentation go well so we will get applause.
Challenge
There is nothing wrong with looking good or impressing others; the problem comes when we want to look good no matter what happens to God's reputation in the process. Before you pray, ask yourself, “Who will get the credit if God answers my prayer?”