Whole hearted love

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 10, 2012
how do you show love for God? and conversely...how do you show hatred for sin?

N

nukreation

In my experience the focus needs to be on loving God. If we focus on the sin we will never overcome the sin in our own strength. Love God, consider all that He has done. Invite the Holy Spirit to fill you. When we are in love with God as revealed to us by Jesus, and filled with the Holy Spirit, we can live lives without sin. Sin is birthed in the mind so if we guard our minds, and surrender our thoughts to our saviour, we can live victorously. Don't be too hard on yourself if you fail, just dust yourself off and get back up again. Jesus died for every sin past and future. He loves you and wants you to live victoriously because He knows the damage that sin causes.

Sep 10, 2012
I agree with what you have to say although really we are sinners who are desperately wicked and only the Holy Spirit in us is pure and without sin so only when He works through us giving us the righteousness of Jesus can we be seen as bearing the fruits of repentance in our lives...all glory goes to God and none to us as we are unworthy sinners deserving everlasting punishment in hell forever and only through Jesus do we obtain God's forgiveness, mercy and favor

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
Great question: i will tell you what God told me.

You show love for God when you show love for others, especially those who you think don't deserve your love. When you show love to your enemies, you show love for God. When you love those who don't love you back, you show love for God. When you show love towards those who hate you, persecute you, despise you, falsely accuse you, you show love for God.

God is LOVE, when you show love towards others, you show love for God. This is what i have been told by Him.

^i^

Twinkle77

Sep 1, 2012
Amen to what DiscipleDave said. Just to add some scripture

John 13:34 A new command I give you: Love one another, as I have loved you, so you must love one another.

John 14:15 If you love me you will obey what I command

Jesus reinstates Peter in John 21:16 Jesus questioned Peter if he truly loved Jesus - He said Yes and Jesus said

"Feed my lambs - Take care of my sheep".

As for showing hatred for sin - my personal opinion is not to do or indulge in things that we know that are sinful.

Not agreeing with someone that something is ok when it is not biblically right.

Sep 10, 2012
thankyou all for your fantastic and wise responses here