Whom the God of this world hath blinded the minds

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

karen0123

Dec 14, 2011
2 Corinthians 4:4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

What do you think this means? I am talking to the people who know they have to give up there sin.

Aug 2, 2009
Wow I've been looking for that scripture. I heard a pastor mention it once. From what he was saying, I gathered it means that there will always be those among us who have actually been blinded to the truth by God so that when they finally are able to see the truth it will shine like a glorious light to them.

I think this is a beautiful message because it reminds me of those who were against God and religion and later repented and became some of the most faithful people known. Example: Saul of Tarsus became Paul the apostle. John Newton was a slave trader and he repented during a storm at sea when he thought for sure he and everyone on board would die without divine help even though he did not believe in a God. He wrote the song Amazing Grace.

C

CanadaNZ

2 Corinthians 4:4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

What do you think this means? I am talking to the people who know they have to give up there sin.
Paul is talking about those that are perishing being blinded by satan ("But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing"), those that have already made their choice of self over God.