Whose Actually Single?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
I am single, 5'8, 150lbs, and very happy!

If I started dating again, I would shrink 3 inches in height because of the burden of the relationship, I would lose 10 pounds because my self-esteem would fly right out the window due to my significant others' constant finger-pointing at my insignificant faults, and my happiness would drown in a cesspool of dreariness and the constant haunting of past days of unspeakable joy and the memories of better times from my single life.

So yeah, I don't think I will be dating any time soon.

On a side note, please pray for me as I apply for a job as a writer for Hallmark Cards!!!

E

Eugene

If I started dating again, I would shrink 3 inches in height because of the burden of the relationship, I would lose 10 pounds because my self-esteem would fly right out the window due to my significant others' constant finger-pointing at my insignificant faults, and my happiness would drown in a cesspool of dreariness and the constant haunting of past days of unspeakable joy and the memories of better times from my single life.

On a side note, please pray for me as I apply for a job as a writer for Hallmark Cards!!!
your in my prayers:)

A

allforchrist10

same here i'll pray you get the job that you want but it all in God's will

M

mohanbobby

I am very single :(

Mar 2, 2010
I am single, as there is only one of me. although.... Thomas does mean twin....

Marcella

May 26, 2011

Wow, she really messed you up, dude. Everyone has faults, but we're not all that cruel. Yikes.

Where there is life, there is hope. Try to shift your focus off the past, and look forward to the things God has planned for you in the future. If that's too hard, at least find something in the present to be grateful for and thank Him for it.

It makes life more bearable when you're hurting. *speaking from experience*

Marcella

P.S. Yep, I'm single.

Last edited:

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
Greetings Eugene, AllforChrist10, and Marcella. I appreciate you three responding to my post and showing your concern. But I actually made up that post as a joke. That is why I went over-the-top with the bitterness. None of it is real (except me being single and happy with it). I added the concluding line about "Hallmark Cards" to give a hint that I was just messing around, but as I re-read my post, I see now how realistic it seems. I apologize for any misunderstanding I made with what I wrote.

But I thank you three again for caring.

God bless you!

E

Eugene

Greetings Eugene, AllforChrist10, and Marcella. I appreciate you three responding to my post and showing your concern. But I actually made up that post as a joke. That is why I went over-the-top with the bitterness. None of it is real (except me being single and happy with it). I added the concluding line about "Hallmark Cards" to give a hint that I was just messing around, but as I re-read my post, I see now how realistic it seems. I apologize for any misunderstanding I made with what I wrote.

But I thank you three again for caring.

God bless you!

Hahaha, nice joke...there was no way I could have seen it was, but your right, I do care for you because just has we are the Body Of Christ, I must show that I care. Any time I do not care for someone it is like I am disrespecting that Body of Christ and his creation.

God Bless you brother:)

X

xJoe

I am SS
Sadly single lol. But I would much rather be single then to compromise with dating someone I shouldn't.

A

angelice

Me and waiting in his perfect plan! :D

F

FireWire

I can relate to that exact same context and I can say after just over four years after being dumped I'm finally single again. I sure won't be dating anytime soon either. I've got better and things of more value to do with my time.

Sep 21, 2011
I can relate to that exact same context and I can say after just over four years after being dumped I'm finally single again. I sure won't be dating anytime soon either. I've got better and things of more value to do with my time.
Me too, if you know what I mean. :D

D

djness

I don't consider myself single, because being single I may be deemed available.
So is answer is, I am invalid.

V

VansRComfy11

I'm single and that's not by accident - my standards for the opposite sex are simply too high and I haven't yet met a woman in NYC who has fulfilled all of them... they usually nail a few of them, but never the complete list. So I shall leave it to The One Above to match me up with the partner who will satisfy the list and when that day comes, I'll be ready. One thing I WILL NOT do is settle for less than the complete list because no one should ever have to settle for anything. If they're not right for you, they're not. Accept it and move on until you the find the correct one that the Lord has handpicked for you. Best of luck to everyone on this thread who is looking for their partner in life and may the Lord guide you all on your journey because we can't do it without Him. Go all of you in Jesus' name!

C

Catlynn

Uuuuummmm I feel like I've already answered a thread about this. o_O In any case, yes. But I don't really think about it much anymore. My job in life is to love God, love Kyla, and show His love to others. I don't even know if I WILL ever get married, but God has satisfied every desire for a husband that I have and given me a vision for the ministry He has for me. Maybe along the way I'll meet someone but if not, I am fulfilled in Christ and He is my provider in every way. :D

A

anonymous04

I'm in a relationship......with Jesus!