Why are there...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Grey

This all makes a lot more sense, thanks guys!

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
Thanks my friend. I should have probably known. I do not use the Old King Jimmy anymore.

I looked up the hebrew word.

A. Verb.
male˒ (מָלֵא, 4390), “to fill, fulfill, overflow, ordain, endow.” This verb occurs in all Semitic languages (including biblical Aramaic) and in all periods. Biblical Hebrew attests it about 250 times.
Basically, male˒ means “to be full” in the sense of having something done to one. In 2 Kings 4:6, the word implies “to fill up”: “And it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that she said.…” The verb is sometimes used figuratively as in Gen. 6:13, when God noted that “the earth is filled with violence.” Used transitively, this verb means the act or state of “filling something.” In Gen. 1:22 (the first occurrence of the word), God told the sea creatures to “penetrate” the waters thoroughly but not exhaustively: “Be fruitful, and multiplyand fill the waters in the seas.” Male˒ can also mean “to fill up” in an exhaustive sense: “… And the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle” (Exod. 40:34). In this sense an appetite can be “filled up,” “satiated,” or “satisfied.”

Vine, W. E., Unger, M. F., & White, W. (1996). Vol. 1: Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words (81). Nashville, TN: T. Nelson.

I am not sure how the authors of the KJV came up with "replenish" but that does not appear to be what God said. How could they replenish the earth, when it has never been filled to begin with.

The same word is used with noah, and although it might fit. It still would be a stretch to use it. as the word literally means "fill" or "be filled"
So are you saying that you have the original WORD of God?? who is talking about a MALE!! ?? the word plenish by itself means fill.... if you put the letters RE in front of it that means to do it again............. How on earth can you say there was nothing there before when there is so much proof there was """ DINOSAURS"""" of so many kind. your statement do not if stand against the comments made.... only if you can see the true originals of the books of the bible.... just throwing out Hebrew and Greek definitions of words does not change what is in the Word of God.... what it mean to man will never stand against what it means to God..... if it is in His Holy Word then it stands as far as I am concerned....... it truly amazes me how wise some people think they are when they follow man's way of thinking..... yet as God said they make themselves fools. please reread what you said and be truthful to yourself??? do it really make any sense to what was said and the response that was giving to the question that was asked.... also you need to get the real Word of God and stay away from what appeals to the flesh........... Because all things that are """ EASY"" to read is only for the flesh..... But All things that are """HARD""" to read Yet by the Holy Spirit is revealed to us; is for the spirit and the flesh will never see or hear to grasp what understanding God alone can give...... it only leave man to interpretations ( FLESH) and grasping what ever man tell them ( False Doctrine).... either we will seek the only true teacher of the Word; the Holy Ghost or we will be tossed by every wind of doctrine. I will pray the Lord put you and all who think they need to run after man's way of thinking on the path of the God way of thinking which is only revealed by the Spirit of God ALONE>>> None else is needed.... and for further advice... the Words means the same in the American dictionary as they do in other countries... it does not take a rocket scientist to look up the meaning of a word..... it it does not make none of our relationship with the Lord God any better to go to a Greek or Hebrew dictionary,,,,lol... May God bless all with truth....

E

eternally-gratefull

So are you saying that you have the original WORD of God?? who is talking about a MALE!! ?? the word plenish by itself means fill.... if you put the letters RE in front of it that means to do it again.............
Scripture was not written in English, It was written (at least most of the OT) In Hebrew. There is no "re" in front of the hebrew word. Man for some reason put it in there when they translated the hebrew to english.

How on earth can you say there was nothing there before when there is so much proof there was """ DINOSAURS"""" of so many kind.
What does this have to do with anything? Did I say there were no dino's? I did not see where I made that statement. So why are you slamming me for saying something I did not say?

your statement do not if stand against the comments made.... only if you can see the true originals of the books of the bible.... just throwing out Hebrew and Greek definitions of words does not change what is in the Word of God.... what it mean to man will never stand against what it means to God..... if it is in His Holy Word then it stands as far as I am concerned.......
1. The word was written in original languages not English
2. to find a meaning of a word we have to go to the origional text.
3. No english bible is "inspired" by God, it is only a man made translation. thus subject to errors. The only version which uses "replenish" is the original KJV, all other versions (including the NKJV) use the word "fill" which is at it should be translated.

4. The word, in its origional autographs (as written by the authors) is inspired and perfect. All others are translations. And although great to show Gods word. are subject to errors. Such as we see here.

it truly amazes me how wise some people think they are when they follow man's way of thinking.....
You mean like you are doing now??

yet as God said they make themselves fools. please reread what you said and be truthful to yourself??? do it really make any sense to what was said and the response that was giving to the question that was asked.... also you need to get the real Word of God and stay away from what appeals to the flesh........... Because all things that are """ EASY"" to read is only for the flesh..... But All things that are """HARD""" to read Yet by the Holy Spirit is revealed to us; is for the spirit and the flesh will never see or hear to grasp what understanding God alone can give...... it only leave man to interpretations ( FLESH) and grasping what ever man tell them ( False Doctrine).... either we will seek the only true teacher of the Word; the Holy Ghost or we will be tossed by every wind of doctrine. I will pray the Lord put you and all who think they need to run after man's way of thinking on the path of the God way of thinking which is only revealed by the Spirit of God ALONE>>> None else is needed.... and for further advice... the Words means the same in the American dictionary as they do in other countries... it does not take a rocket scientist to look up the meaning of a word..... it it does not make none of our relationship with the Lord God any better to go to a Greek or Hebrew dictionary,,,,lol... May God bless all with truth....
wow, are you serious? Did God have Moses write Genesis with the English language? Why would I go to an English dictionary to see what A Hebrew definition is?

It is puffed up pride to think any English translation is perfect. It is translated by men. men who will ALWAYS use their preconceived ideas of what something should say to interpret.