Why did you pray a prayer to get to heaven

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

OwenHeidenreich

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

I hope you all agree that God is the Father.

GOD IS LOVE.
patient, kind, not envy, not boast, not proud. not dishonor others, not self-seeking, not easily angered, no record of wrongs. not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. protects, trusts, always hopes, perseveres.

NOTICE JESUS DID NOT SAY "No goes to heaven except through me"

HE SAID "NO ONE COMES TO [LOVE] EXCEPT THROUGH ME."

Notice: no matter how much Jesus was touched by evil, he never ever ever ever was truly touched by evil. when he was touched by evil, he was completely seperated from evil because of the love he had for his FATHER.

We are called to LIVE LIKE JESUS

LIVE IN LOVE!!! FAITH WORKS THROUGH LOVE

DON'T USE THE BIBLE AS SOME BOOK OF INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES TO HELP YOU THROUGH YOUR DAY.

DON'T USE THE BIBLE AS A METHOD TO LIVE AN EASIER LIFE, GOD CALLS US TO LIVE IN LOVE

You know who you are, you are in GOD. You are in LOVE. So if you become evil because of the evil you are facing...
then you let evil touch you, and change who you are, and eliminate God, and eliminate love, and you eliminated the image that God made you in if you become touched and hurt and offended by evil.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Better question might be how are you going to get there if you didn't?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

john832

May 31, 2013
I did not pray a prayer to go somewhere that we are never going to go to.

E

enoch1nine

HE SAID "NO ONE COMES TO [LOVE] EXCEPT THROUGH ME.
I'll take that over some imaginary gravity free cloud filled zone full of angel winged spirit-humans any day.

And so will the people who have yet to hear good news instead of mediocre news.

O

OwenHeidenreich

my prayer didn't get me anywhere, Jesus got me there because I believe in his name and I love him

T

TruthTalk

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Notice: no matter how much Jesus was touched by evil, he never ever ever ever was truly touched by evil. when he was touched by evil, he was completely seperated from evil because of the love he had for his FATHER.
Hi Owen, I agree with much that you say in this post but to say Jesus of Nazareth was not truly touch by evil sounds like you are putting limitations on His humanity. He was touched by evil very much so when he was tempted 3 times by the devil in the wilderness. His suffering and shedding his blood for us all on the cross would qualify as being "touch by evil." Of course I may not understand in what sense of term "touched" you are referring to.

8Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered 9and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him 10and was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek.

Last edited:
J

jimmydiggs

I did not pray a prayer to go somewhere that we are never going to go to.
That, sounds very interesting. Does heaven exist as a location?

R

Reformedjason

You pray to ask Christ to be your Lord and to save you from your sins. Heaven is just a reward, it should not be the reason for you wanting to know him. You should want to know him because you need to be pulled out of the pit of self worship and demonic worship.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
I just wanted to be relieved of the constant struggle I had with all my problems. But He is Awesome.

Ephesians 3:20-21
[SUP]20 [/SUP]Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,[SUP]21 [/SUP]Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Now here I am trying to show a bunch of people what faith is, when I didn't even understand it at first myself...

I guess its edifying and uplifting to hear from those who have faith as well, to know that you're not the only one. There are other peculiar ones out there who understand as well...

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I am still wondering why we are limiting the Father to love when He includes sooo much more...e.g. Holiness, which apart from the Righteousness of Christ we could not begin to approach.

R

Reformedjason

He is not just Love. He is righteous , merciful , holy , and wrath just to name a few.