Why do men ___________________?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

Ladies, please fill in the blank and let's hope the guys answer :)

K

kayem77

Why do men don't like to show that they can be emotional sometimes?

K

KnightdeKhristos

Since society insists that men should always be masculine, some of us equate showing emotion to weakness.

sweetnshy

Sep 10, 2003
Why do men not have the guts to tell a girl when they're NOT interested?! There was a guy I met and was just getting to know, and we seemed to have a lot in common and he seemed interested...then just all of a sudden broke off all contact and ignored me. Why not just say "I don't think we're a good fit" or something to that effect? 'Cause really, the sudden ignoring and breaking off contact hurts worse than that.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
My mind is telling me to say, "Why are women so emotional and why can't they take a hint?"

But that isn't who I am.

K

kayem77

Why do men think we are very emotional? I think we are fine!:p

Aug 2, 2009
Speaking for myself, because I don't want you to get the impresssion that I can't emotionally handle certain situations. I cry easily though when I see something sad.

Why do men not have the guts to tell a girl when they're NOT interested?! There was a guy I met and was just getting to know, and we seemed to have a lot in common and he seemed interested...then just all of a sudden broke off all contact and ignored me. Why not just say "I don't think we're a good fit" or something to that effect? 'Cause really, the sudden ignoring and breaking off contact hurts worse than that.
In that particular case it seems like there was no official relationship so he probably didn't feel obligated to say something to end it.

I think women are fine too, they just notice more things than guys do. I think that guys are often more focused on the big picture, while women are more focused on the details.

S

Santana

maybe you reminded him of his ex, also ask yourself what kind of vibes were you giving him while you were communicating? Were you telling him that you're high maintenance? Talking a lot about your ex? Sorry to say a guy needs to feel needed sometimes. If you women only knew the power you possess it'll make your lives so much more happier, as well as the men of your lives.

S

Santana

Please I could never understand why it is that a woman would sit and cry for no apparent reason. she doesn't even know why she's crying, she just is.......

J

Jullianna

Let's just tell the truth. It's called "hormones" :)

We leak like that when we're happy, angry, sad, deeply touched, ........

K

Kooper

I'm very "feely" and emotional. When I see a movie that touches me, my tear ducts swell. The man-ego in me, stops myself from actually babbling like a baby. :p This also applies to when I bang my head on something pointy. (Kitchen cupboard left open) All I do is close my eyes, feel the pain, and I tell myself: I'm a man... I'm a man... Men don't cry... Don't cry...

But, I will say that I am touched (tears ducts swelling and leaking) when I hear testamonies in church. When the storiy is told with a passionate heart, I have no choice but to give in.

U

Ugly

This actually goes both ways. I had a fiance once that decided to end things without talking to me, or even giving me a warning anything was wrong. One day she just stopped taking my calls.

V

violakat

Please I could never understand why it is that a woman would sit and cry for no apparent reason. she doesn't even know why she's crying, she just is.......
Honestly Santana, I usually only cry when someone has hurt me really, really, really bad. I mean the deep down, gouge your eyes out kinda hurt.

Other than that, I might shed a few tears or choke up a little in a very emotional movie.

V

violakat

Why do men feel like they have to solve every little problem?
(And no easy answer of being, cause your fixer.)

U

USNCorpsman76

Why do men feel like they have to solve every little problem?
(And no easy answer of being, cause your fixer.)
Ego. That's pretty much it.

J

jimmydiggs

Speaking for myself, I don't like emotions at all. I consider them a plague to the(my) mind.

K

kayem77

Speaking for myself, I don't like emotions at all. I consider them a plague to the(my) mind.
A plague? ....I like emotions. I think they make us humans.

J

jimmydiggs

A plague? ....I like emotions. I think they make us humans.
To each his own. My distaste for my emotions, is based on the fact that they are always in the way of where I seek to go.