Why Do People Keep Sunday?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

john832

May 31, 2013
OK, there is a thread about the Sabbath, how about one about Sunday? If you keep Sunday, why and how is it to be kept?

May 15, 2013
OK, there is a thread about the Sabbath, how about one about Sunday? If you keep Sunday, why and how is it to be kept?
It should be kept before Monday and after Saturday. It wouldn't make any sense to put it before any other day. But I think that Sunday is considered to be the Sabbath for others.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Acts 20:7 We see the apostles meeting on the first day of the week.
It happens to be the day the church meets. Can't say it is kept like the Sabbath but I do not mow grass on Sunday.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Sep 4, 2012
i don't think many people consider sunday to be the sabbath. it's just the day that's traditionally been used to congregate and worship.

May 15, 2013
i don't think many people consider sunday to be the sabbath. it's just the day that's traditionally been used to congregate and worship.

Today, many Christian traditions believe Sunday is the Christian Sabbath day. They base this concept on verses like Mark 2:27-28 and Luke 6:5 where Jesus says he is "Lord even of the Sabbath," implying that he has the power to change the Sabbath to a different day. Christian groups that adhere to a Sunday Sabbath feel that the Lord's command was not specifically for the seventh day, but rather, one day out of the seven week days. By changing the Sabbath to Sunday (what many refer to as "the Lord's Day"), or the day the Lord resurrected, they feel it symbolically represents the acceptance of Christ as Messiah, and his broadening blessing and redemption from the Jews to the entire world.

Sunday Worship Versus Sabbath Day - Why Do Christians Worship On Sunday?

May 15, 2013
Matthew 20:16“So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

Just kiddin', but the sabbath is Christ, aslong as you follow after Him, He will give you rest. We don't know what is rest until it is taken away from us.

Matthew 12:8
For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

stefen

Jun 14, 2013
Christians gather on friday in islamic countries. In Hindu & Christian countries, they gather on sundays. In Jewish country, may be they gather on saturday. But God is blessing everyone. He is caring about them too, until they put God in the 1st place and love one another as they love themselves.

We don't have any other rule for us in this new testament generation.