Why do problems exist?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 18, 2011
That video really helped me. Thanks

You're very welcome. That teaching was from an audiobook, the book is called "Practical Teachings On The Christian Life" by Dorotheos of Gaza. He lived in the 6th Century (believe it or not, that was when the book was written).

Aug 25, 2011
Problems exist because we sin, I believe.
not sure i can back you on that one. Job was righteous before God yet had many problems. I think problems exist, because our accuser, that ole devil likes to keep saying did this, did that. God allows the devil to this because through resistance to evil, people define their character, their belief system, and find out who they are in Christ Jesus. And of course I personally feel Jesus gets a chuckle when His followers trample that ole deciever underfoot.

May 2, 2011
So you believe if we live right, denying the self and living like Jesus, we will avoid suffering?

Sin is both personal and societal, but the causes are all the same as listed in the prior post.
We make ourselves less of a target and more of an example to the outside world by
repenting of self and by living right. To go further, we then need to spread this gospel of
good news to others, to create a standard and a society of right living.
Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. Romans 3:31
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory
that overcometh the world, even our faith.
Who is he that overcometh the
world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
1 John 5:4-5 (KJV)

Dec 19, 2009
not sure i can back you on that one. Job was righteous before God yet had many problems. I think problems exist, because our accuser, that ole devil likes to keep saying did this, did that. God allows the devil to this because through resistance to evil, people define their character, their belief system, and find out who they are in Christ Jesus. And of course I personally feel Jesus gets a chuckle when His followers trample that ole deciever underfoot.
The Lord takes care of us, and we need to believe that. It is easier to do if we obey his commandments.

B

Brandon777

The Lord takes care of us, and we need to believe that. It is easier to do if we obey his commandments.
Define "takes care of us" be specific biblically.

Aug 25, 2011
Define "takes care of us" be specific biblically.
of animals: Deut 25:4, 1 Cor 9:9, Mat 6:26, Luke 12:24

of His Children: Mat 6:25-31, Luke 12:7,24 , 1 Pet 5:7

of vegetation: Mat 6:28,30

The parable of the sower: Mat 13:18-23

For the church: John 10:13, John 21:15-16, 1 Pet 5

God's care: Psalm 104

Y

yaright

To me, all these verses are given in creation language; each speaking of specific natures that can be found with us. I don't mean to use them in a foolish way. I literally am saying that each of these are a part of who we are, and why we are that way in God' sight. Thank you for bringing these to the forefront of our minds. They are more precious to me today than they were in my ignorance.

Aug 25, 2011
To me, all these verses are given in creation language; each speaking of specific natures that can be found with us. I don't mean to use them in a foolish way. I literally am saying that each of these are a part of who we are, and why we are that way in God' sight. Thank you for bringing these to the forefront of our minds. They are more precious to me today than they were in my ignorance.

They came from a very special bible given to a friend of mine who graduated from the Boise Gospel Rescue Mission Apostleship Program

Y

yaright

They came from a very special bible given to a friend of mine who graduated from the Boise Gospel Rescue Mission Apostleship Program
Only in the revealing to God's people, are we enabled to experience an otherwise elusive personal relationship with our Heavenly Father; Who reveals to us using creation language which continually speak of who we are in His sight, and why we are that way. Using one element, concerning the oxen; are you able to see that we are shown these things that teach us who we are, and why we are that way in God's sight?

Setting aside the teaching of men; and having seen the evidence in your witness hidden in this language concerning the ox; are you able to personally see what is shown in the Book of Proverbs; That, "Where there are no oxen, the trough is clean." The oxen is a strong servant who labors in the Word of God...
tell me what you see...

Aug 25, 2011
I would have to agree, because I see that oxen in me. And even more so I see the Family of God who sustained me and lifted me up and never muzzled me.

Aug 25, 2011
I keep asking for a muzzle. I guess I have muzzled myself for these last few years 10 and am listening

leelee

Sep 5, 2011
I think that problems exsits to build our strength and help us to develop into the people we are meant to be. If we all cruised though life we wouldn't value what we have. I also think that our struggles bring us a deeper understanding of ourselves and our faith. Who do you turn to in your time of need?

My pastor said on sunday to never give up the struggle and when you fall look for the good in a situation, the silver lining. Sometimes you can only see it in hindsite. My baby cousin tragically died, I was a wreck and most of all I was so angry, angry at God for taking her away. Now almost 3 years on although I will always miss her that tragedy brought me back to church and back to Jesus.

Aug 25, 2011
I think that problems exsits to build our strength and help us to develop into the people we are meant to be. If we all cruised though life we wouldn't value what we have. I also think that our struggles bring us a deeper understanding of ourselves and our faith. Who do you turn to in your time of need?

My pastor said on sunday to never give up the struggle and when you fall look for the good in a situation, the silver lining. Sometimes you can only see it in hindsite. My baby cousin tragically died, I was a wreck and most of all I was so angry, angry at God for taking her away. Now almost 3 years on although I will always miss her that tragedy brought me back to church and back to Jesus.
Thanls leelee

B

Brandon777

Most helpful! This is what I was looking for!