Why do so many hate Americans?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

joshhuntnm

Aug 6, 2012
Why are they so mad at us? Why don't they just ignore us and go about their lives?

C

ContrarySynthesis

I think people have jumped to an extreme conclusion about how many hate Americans, but obviously there is plenty dislike/hate going around.

America has a 90-year history of fighting communism within and outside their own borders, and this has much to do with why there are prominent numbers of individuals in the Middle East and Latin America who hate us. Especially over the last 40 years, or so, the US provided weapons and support for regimes and dictators who fought communist rule. This is why you might hear that America support Saddam Hussein, who was a rebel at the time attempting a coup, which the US supported.

The Middle East also has a dislike for the US because of the Zionist position of many evangelicals in the country, a group which rose in influence and gained power starting in the 50's, something which is still clearly evident today. I don't actually know a whole lot about the history of the modern state of Israel, but the creation of the new state suddenly legitimized Jewish (and specifically Zionist) agendas over the local Palestinian populace's needs, desires, etc... You have probably seen the effects of this today, as the Israeli state is trying to restrict Palestinian settlement of areas they previously held, which obviously doesn't sit well with the Palestinians.

I'm not sure about this one, but I believe countries like North Korea dislike the US because of the US' brash anti-imperialism which essentially did the same thing as imperialism. Under the -------Act (I can't think of the name at the moment), the US stated that it would defend any country who asserted their own independence in the face of European imperialism. However, through the US' dominance of the global market, they actually created a situation similar to imperialism in which the independent country had to adopt policies that the US would not sanction them for, making them uncompetitive and thus unable to be prosperous. Jamaica, while formerly a British colony, saw this as they had to implement policies which made their own national producers uncompetitive even in their own country, and thus powerless.

The countries which fought this have to assert themselves somehow, and so places like North Korea point out these issues with the world market and America's "forcing" of market capitalism on those countries as reasons not to take part.

C

ContrarySynthesis

I'm sorry. The quick answer to your question is, "Because the US has not left other countries alone." While much of our work can be justified as good intentioned, they ultimately had poor repercussions which many today are feeling and justifiably are not happy about.

Jul 29, 2012
Soon as we remove the cross, do away with Jesus and bow to them then we will be ok..

After about the 3rd year of war and we hadn't bomb them back to the stone age you should have known the fix was in. The lord told you that is where the last wars would be fought and it will be. He told you most / all of the world turn on him and hate anyone that loved him.

What do Muslims do?

W

wwjd_kilden

Why are they so mad at us? Why don't they just ignore us and go about their lives?

1 Who are they?
2 What makes you assume they are mad at all of you?
- Ar you mad at all the individuals of the countries the US is at war with?

3 Because the US (government) wants to govern the world. It is a bit hard to ignore someone doing that, eh?

A

abair

if you mean muslims the answer is because americans are inifidels and your women show thier faces
in thier faith they have to hate you the baby drink milk
muslims baby drink milk and hate every nonmuslims
dont worry they hate each other too
sunnah said shiaah inifidels and the shiaah said sunnah infidels
the same thing with Druze and Esmaili and Zaidi etc
to each other they are infidels
The only thing common among them hating other religions
And at the same time they do not see themselves as belonging to the same religion
It's a religious war

Sep 7, 2012
abair have you ever lived in an Arabic country? I spent nearly a year in Saudi Arabia itself and found no one who "hated me" even without a ha-jib. They did hate what America had done to change their country and mostly to the worse. The wealthy changed into western clothes as soon as their air plane got off the runway, seeking to look more western. The poor would just as soon go back and live in the desert without most of modern accoutrements they still hold the olden times in a sort of romantic vision.

The problem has always been that western corporate influences have been the main reason why our governments invade, manipulate, take over their countries and drain their national resources. The US and Britain have been doing that since the 1930's not in any sort of continuous manner but when it suited our corporate overlords.

joshhuntnm

Aug 6, 2012
1 Who are they?

3 Because the US (government) wants to govern the world. It is a bit hard to ignore someone doing that, eh?
they are the people burning our flag
they are killing our people

I don't think we want to take over the world.

Jul 29, 2012
See even you agree. We are nothing but an extension of the Roman Empire

W

wwjd_kilden

Some time ago "Americans" burnt the Koran. Does that mean all Americans do it?

Don't generalize, that is judging....

P

psychomom

1 Who are they?

*spoken gently and lovingly*
Point three may well be valid...but it is no reason to dislike the people of a nation.
I know you know this...but I hope it may be heard by someone else. :)

If the people of a small nation less powerful than the US cannot control what their leaders do, what hope have we who God elected to be born here? :(
I think globally, as in there are probably more links between nations than I can possibly know. Perhaps the Brave New World is on its way? *shudder*

But...there's something to rejoice in there, too. If the One World gov't is coming...so is Jesus. ♥

P

psychomom

Josh, I agree that most Americans have NO desire to control the world.
But what we (as citizens) want, and what our leaders in DC want are probably v-e-r-y different.
It seems the vast majority of them want power, and only God knows what they are willing to do to get it. :(
~ellie