Why do we pour out our soul in us?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

so-jesus-e-deus

Senior Member
Feb 7, 2017
1,605
140
63
Why do we pour out our soul in us?

  • “When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.” (Psa 42:4).

What is it the advantage of staying ruminating the lucklessness that came on us? The more we harp on about all the doleful moments, the more we get mopey.

Don’t follow the example of the Psalmist:

  • “My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?” (Psa 42:3).

No, our food has to be the flesh of Christ and our drink, His blood (John 6:51-57). In spite of the disparage of people for us and for Jesus, stay sticking up for the Truth and Justice.

Perhaps you will say: what it hurts in me the more is that who are belittle me is people that knows Jesus (“for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday”). Yes, even Jesus felt this bummed moment:

  • “When Jesus had thus said, he was troubled in spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.” (Joh 13:21).

Notwithstanding, may us strengthen our spirit so that it can berate our soul:

  • “Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance” (Psa 42:5).

May our spirit quash our soul and urge us to pray:

  • “O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.” (Psa 42:6).

Let us be sure that:

  • “…the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.” (Psa 42:8).

Finally, don’t mind if all the waves and billows are gone over me, don’t allow that a deep calls other deep (Psa 42:7). Trust in Jesus and bide by Him with great desire and expectance:

  • “As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. :2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?” (Psa 42:1,2).

So, have a good and new weekend musing Jesus’ boons for you (see Psa 40:5) instead of dally over the turpitude of the enemies of the Creator. Keep in mind that where sin abounded, the grace of Jesus is ready to surpass in your favor (Rom 8:18).