Why does it happen?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

girl1025

Lately my spirit has been feeling uneasy, I'm talking about the last 5 months, kinda like being convicted, but I've truly repented, but now it goes in and out from being uneasy to being at peace. Why does that happen?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
maybe you're wondering if God has truly forgiven you? The devil loves to make us doubt ourselves, God and our faith..resist the devil and he must flee from you..

U

Ugly

Or perhaps (based off your previous post) you're becoming aware of how wrong you were in how you behaved and may be thinking of rectifying it, but you still haven't.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
In James 5:16, we are told to confess to each other our sins (specifically) to the body of Christians. And this is not meant for a chat site. There is wisdom in this.
You need to speak of them aloud and their part is to pray for your need to sin to be healed. Then they should speak the words of Christ to you "You are forgiven" so that you can HEAR this said to you. The sound of the spoken words by someone who has just heard your sins brings love into it. And Christ's love for you is the heart of forgiveness.

There is a lot of truth about faith coming from hearing the word of God. And all to often, we just internalize mentally our repentance and forgiveness, and it isn't felt. Let someone pray for you after they hear your confession, and that will declare your forgiveness in the name of Jesus to you.

Pray for the Lord to lead you to some loving, mature Christians and be totally honest with them. I think after you do this, you will feel forgiven.

Bless you.
Joi

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2015
Lately my spirit has been feeling uneasy, I'm talking about the last 5 months, kinda like being convicted, but I've truly repented, but now it goes in and out from being uneasy to being at peace. Why does that happen?
The spiritual life is a walk, you do not arrive. Like all things in life they either grow or shrink. What are you doing to strengthen and increase your faith and experience? Who are you reaching out to in love and sharing your life with?
Jesus flows through our activities, through our acts of love. If there are none, we are denying the very thing that has happened within, you cannot keep a lion caged up without it dying......

G

girl1025

I am going to confess who I have sinned against (last post) because God does want unity in His body. I read my word, pray, and serve and reach out to others who are in need of Jesus. I'm not depriving my Spirit of not being fed of God. I just need to allow it to be peaceful as I do what God commands no matter the consequences

1still_waters

You have some choices in what you're going to trust. Your feelings, or God's words.

God's word says...
1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

You ask..
but now it goes in and out from being uneasy to being at peace. Why does that happen?
When that happens, know that God is greater than your heart.

1 John 3
19 By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; 20 for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything. 21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God;
When your heart condemns you, know that God is a greater judge than your heart, and he knows that you're trusting in what Jesus did for you, and what Jesus did for you is much greater than any condemnation your heart can give.

Romans 8
8 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.[a] 2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you[b]free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. 3

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2015
I am going to confess who I have sinned against (last post) because God does want unity in His body. I read my word, pray, and serve and reach out to others who are in need of Jesus. I'm not depriving my Spirit of not being fed of God. I just need to allow it to be peaceful as I do what God commands no matter the consequences
I do what God commands? Is your view of God as a dictator commanding his followers to do things? Or is your view of God who loves his creation and all he does, and guides us to the best way to approach life.
It hurts you soul if you feel the Lord of love dictates you, rather than guides you. You are acceptable without doing anything. He wishes you to do things because you want to, because you know the benefits and the blessings that flow from them. You emotional energy will be lost if you do not catch his heart, because he blesses where there is no worthy people, he loves when all hate, be brings good things about when all others have lost hope.
Reaching out is loving people, not because they need Jesus but because they need human contact.

S

Siberian_Khatru

That's called life, sister. ;) Your peace can be disrupted by your own nature, as well by spiritual warfare.

G

girl1025

You are twisting things around and not seeing my perspective. I fear God, meaning that I love him and trust in him and he delights in obedience. I know God isn't a dictator but rather is a compassionate father. Yes, people in need, need human contact, but what is the point of coming to contact with them if its not Jesus who I am showing them.

Feb 24, 2015
You are twisting things around and not seeing my perspective. I fear God, meaning that I love him and trust in him and he delights in obedience. I know God isn't a dictator but rather is a compassionate father. Yes, people in need, need human contact, but what is the point of coming to contact with them if its not Jesus who I am showing them.
You have value too. Part of loving people is loving them for who they are, as individuals, irrespective of faith or Jesus.
Jesus opens up love in our hearts so we can love. It is our love as much as his. From the way you are speaking, it sounds like you do not like or value contact. Many years ago I would have said to talk about Jesus's love was everything. The trouble is that excludes normal life issues, my own emotional struggles, success, joy and sadness and others.
Jesus came to make us mature people who understand our emotions, relationships etc and can bring life into them.
It does take time, and lots of things in our experience and development limit us and our expression. But we can change, there are not limits, if you want to walk with the Lord, it is just one step at a time.

G

girl1025

You have value too. Part of loving people is loving them for who they are, as individuals, irrespective of faith or Jesus.
Jesus opens up love in our hearts so we can love. It is our love as much as his. From the way you are speaking, it sounds like you do not like or value contact. Many years ago I would have said to talk about Jesus's love was everything. The trouble is that excludes normal life issues, my own emotional struggles, success, joy and sadness and others.
Jesus came to make us mature people who understand our emotions, relationships etc and can bring life into them.
It does take time, and lots of things in our experience and development limit us and our expression. But we can change, there are not limits, if you want to walk with the Lord, it is just one step at a time.

I know that. I do value contact.

Dec 26, 2014
'human contact' is almost exclusively sinful in all the earth, so it needs to be specified more accurately for clarity.

it is only when sanctified, atoned, redeemed, set apart, in christ jesus ---
only in grace that there is any chance for change and for experiencing life as yahweh gives freely.

perhaps someone encountered hostile fake believers, or the heresy - the most common view of 'christendom' on earth and totally evil and deceptive and dangerous(death dealing) according to scripture;

in jesus, human contact is wonderful, refreshing, edifying, exhilarating, watering, planting, disciplining, chastising, uncomfortable at times(of yahweh's discipline),
and all the other emotions and feelings and reactions and actions

of and in life as yahweh provides with un-compromising willing joyful righteousness.(very few indeed, but required).

Feb 24, 2015
'human contact' is almost exclusively sinful in all the earth, so it needs to be specified more accurately for clarity.

it is only when sanctified, atoned, redeemed, set apart, in christ jesus ---
only in grace that there is any chance for change and for experiencing life as yahweh gives freely.

perhaps someone encountered hostile fake believers, or the heresy - the most common view of 'christendom' on earth and totally evil and deceptive and dangerous(death dealing) according to scripture;

in jesus, human contact is wonderful, refreshing, edifying, exhilarating, watering, planting, disciplining, chastising, uncomfortable at times(of yahweh's discipline),
and all the other emotions and feelings and reactions and actions

of and in life as yahweh provides with un-compromising willing joyful righteousness.(very few indeed, but required).
You are disfunctional. Jesus called us to be a people who by our love for each so it stands as a testimony of his work in us. His vision was we would understand ourselves and each other, so that our contact is not sinful.

Sin is actions, actual actions that cause harm. I have lots of contact with people but it is not sinful. This communication is not sinful. Sharing parts of my life with my family are not sinful. The work I do with my company is not sinful.
The traveling I do, conversations I have, getting information and giving it is not sinful. In fact 99% of all this interaction is not sinful. So though it sounds meaningful it is just wrong. It is through interactions we show love, we do good works, we shine a light into dark places, we listen, show we care, have empathy. To even think such an idea as you have expressed shows deep hurt and feelings of betrayal. I pray the Lord heals you, and shows you, you need not fear when His love touches and empowers your heart. God bless

Last edited: