Why does Michael Jackson's Death Affect me?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

fromtheriver

Well as the whole world knows from the recent events, Michael Jackson is dead due to his Cardio arrest being caused by drug use. And everyone is shocked at his death, mostly all flabbergasted by his death, including those who shun them.

I didn't really pay much attention to Michael Jackson, since his music wasn't much of my type, but the fact that he was known as a Pedophile because of those two boys in Neverland ranch. Until his death occurred, somehow it affected me. Think about it, the press only acknowledged him because of his molestation charges and not for his music and made fun of him for it. T.v Shows like South Park made fun of him as well for the same reasons, and not one mentioning that he was trying to keep his music career. I don't even think he molested those kids because the last kid who accused him came out with the truth and said Michael didn't do anything to him and only did it because his parents convinced him to lie just to get some good cash since Michael is loaded, why wouldn't a 13 year old be blinded by money?
And now that he just died, those whom made fun of him and shun him are now acknowledging him for his work, and have completely forgotten about the molestation charges and his given name Jacko Wacko.

I asked God "why does Michael Jackson's death saddens me so much if I don't even know much about him nor wasn't even a fan?" Maybe its because of the reason above, maybe because 50 was too young...

I honestly don't know, but it does sadden me even when I was never a fan. I actually do feel like mourning for Michael, but its so strange.

Any opinions? thoughts?

Last edited:
M

missy2shoes

I actually watched the Memorial service twice.....and like you felt saddened, not because I was a fan as such, but it gets you reflecting on things......life is short....we will all meet our maker and give an account for what we have done......Ecclesiastes says, how it is better to go to a house of mourning than say a house of feasting.......... as death causes us to face our own mortality and access whether or not we are living productively with the days we've been given............

L

LinaLinaLina

This reminds me of a video I was watching yesterday. I know you weren't a fan but I found it interesting to watch and thought I'd share. Yes, I found it rather sad that He might have died without knowing God. Here's the link... this video makes us think about our own selves and where we stand with God.

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=45405a5de655e9de3f93

Jul 1, 2009
dude i totally know what you mean.
I never liked him before, but i never hated him.
but i find myself listeing to his music wayy more

Jul 10, 2009
Well as the whole world knows from the recent events, Michael Jackson is dead due to his Cardio arrest being caused by drug use. And everyone is shocked at his death, mostly all flabbergasted by his death, including those who shun them.

I didn't really pay much attention to Michael Jackson, since his music wasn't much of my type, but the fact that he was known as a Pedophile because of those two boys in Neverland ranch. Until his death occurred, somehow it affected me. Think about it, the press only acknowledged him because of his molestation charges and not for his music and made fun of him for it. T.v Shows like South Park made fun of him as well for the same reasons, and not one mentioning that he was trying to keep his music career. I don't even think he molested those kids because the last kid who accused him came out with the truth and said Michael didn't do anything to him and only did it because his parents convinced him to lie just to get some good cash since Michael is loaded, why wouldn't a 13 year old be blinded by money?
And now that he just died, those whom made fun of him and shun him are now acknowledging him for his work, and have completely forgotten about the molestation charges and his given name Jacko Wacko.

I asked God "why does Michael Jackson's death saddens me so much if I don't even know much about him nor wasn't even a fan?" Maybe its because of the reason above, maybe because 50 was too young...

I honestly don't know, but it does sadden me even when I was never a fan. I actually do feel like mourning for Michael, but its so strange.

Any opinions? thoughts?
It's perfectly normal to feel the way you feel, i see nothing wrong with being human and shedding emotions...

Jul 10, 2009
I'm so glad that i never made fun of him or even believed that he molested those two boys, I was and have always been a supporter and fan of his, i've listed to his music since day one and despite the fact that people thought he was weird, i also didn't judge him... this also affected me greatly, just because you don't know someone doesn't mean that you can't hurt inside for them, it's human nature..

Jul 10, 2009
This reminds me of a video I was watching yesterday. I know you weren't a fan but I found it interesting to watch and thought I'd share. Yes, I found it rather sad that He might have died without knowing God. Here's the link... this video makes us think about our own selves and where we stand with God.

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=45405a5de655e9de3f93
Linalinalina, Putting that link there was the best idea I know, i watched it and came to realization that there are things that I need to change in my own life, and i felt like everything he said in the video was the truth, that was completely awesome and i thank you for putting that link there...god bless you.

B

BeauBLESSED

Personally, I think what you are feeling is compassion for another human being; no matter how twisted Michael Jackson appeared to most people, his death was still a sad one.
I myself am a bit sad that he's passed on, even though I was one of the many people that thought he was a massive loon.

G

glorytochrist

hope he was saved, only god knows a mans heart

Jun 16, 2009
I was also sad about the death of Michael Jackson. He was a muslim and I have praying many times for his salvation and that he will return to Jesus.

M

missy2shoes

I thought he was mormon..............

F

fromtheriver

Actually Michael Jackson was a Jehovah witness

B

blindside683

not to throw stones...but i think 60% of the people who care are hypocrites. I just dont understand why we should care anymore about MJ than the hundreds of people in Africa who died of starvation during the mass media coverage of his death.