Why I believe Prophets may be needed

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
So as you may know there are many people these days claiming to be prophets or Get a word from God. some people say prophets are no linger needed. But the way I see it they are. This world is in an age of darkness, a generation of misunderstanding of both God and his ways. I feel we are almost as bad as the people of the days of Noah, I would know I used to be that bad and have seen it all. And though everyone argues about the rapture or the tribulation most of us seem to know we are in the end times.

And honestly me included I do not think most of us are going to be prepared for when the bad stuff really begin, the tribulation and the rapture and the wrath Of God ect. we are sadly a lost generation, who have forgotten God's ways and if we do not change we may not make it. Now when things get this bad even throughout the bible God sends his messengers or prophets to warn the people and to give them a last chance. This is why I believe prophets are indeed needed in these times because I do not think there is much time left.

although it is true many false Christ's and Prophets have appeared all over there are a few legit Prophets as well. anyone can say they have received a word of God or claim to be a Christian or say they have great understanding of scripture or prophesy, which is why great discernment is needed these days. Jesus warned this all would happen before his return, so we should not be surprised. But also should not be blind about these things either, Prophets are needed these days because no one will listen to God, so God sends messengers so that maybe they will listen to them.

C

CHRISTENE

Prophets, preacher's, teacher's, and all other's who fit into the category of servants of the Lord, are a chosen people, chosen by God not men so I don't think I can state any certain and promising word regarding them, but as its written in the old testament if a prophet is saying the truth time will prove it , so as the people of God we need to test every spirit , if it is from God we can see the fruits of Christ in that person , but Jesus gave us strict warning when he said do not be deceived, we live in an age of deception , Eve was deceived and yet again the whole mankind is being deceived to believe in lies rather than truth, lies are easily available , truth needs to be seeked and searched and treasured.

Glory be to God.

O

overcomer2

I agree. The Lord reveals his secrets to prophets. The end time revelations need to revealed by true men of God. For example the thunders.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The prophecying going on in Revelation is simply speaking forth a proclamation that we as Christians already know from His Word...the message is to unbelievers.

M

marrion

The problem is that most true prophets are rejected because of the message they bring.
Most true prophets will always include a message of repentance and holiness at some point along with whatever else the Lord has shown them.
However because people love pleasure and sin more than God they reject these prophets and label them as mad,insane or the leader of a cult.
Also a lot of true prophets are not recognized until after they have been killed or died.
I also think that when we hear something we do not understand from a prophet we tend to completely write them off without hearing anything else they have to say.
I mean lets be honest,how many of us would have continued to listen to Jesus after he made the very public statement about eating his flesh and drinking his blood?
How many of us would have listened to him after he made it sound seemingly impossible for anyone who is rich to enter heaven?(compared to the rest of the world most americans are rich)
Jesus also made his standards of holiness higher than they were before.
I guess the point im trying to make is we should not be so quick to write somebody off just because of their appearance or something they said which sounded crazy.
John the Baptist is another example.
The scriptures say he wore camels hair and a leather belt and ate wild honey and locusts.
This man lived out in the wilderness and everytime he showed up he was telling people about the wrath of God and commanding them to repent.He even called some of them vipers and warned anyone who did not bring forth fruits of repentance would be chopped down.
John the Baptist was not even afraid to confront herod about his adulterous marriage to his brothers wife.
Jesus said there was no greater man than john the Baptist that ever lived except for whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven.
How many of us would have paid any heed to John the Baptist if he were around today.
Jesus own disciples didn't even know who John the Baptist was until he was gone.
They were still waiting on elias and Jesus told them that John the Baptist was elias.
I wonder if America has had its elias and rejected him already without even knowing it?
I believe we have minor prophets around because the gift of prophecy is without repentance but we have to be able to discern what they are saying.
If there is never a message of repentance or holiness and we cannot see any biblical content whatsoever in what they are prophesying then I think we should ignore them.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Blain, we have a HUGE collection of prophets that we can rely upon today.

They include:
Isaiah
Jeremiah
Ezekiel
Daniel
Hosea
Joel
Amos
Obadiah
Jonah
Micah
Nahum
Habakkuk
Zephaniah
Haggai
Zechariah
Malachi

There is also mention of many prophets in the New Testament including Jesus.

Please read the Bible and you will have no need of prophets who are not inspired by God. God has left his Word, and that is good enough for me!

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Blain, we have a HUGE collection of prophets that we can rely upon today.

They include:
Isaiah
Jeremiah
Ezekiel
Daniel
Hosea
Joel
Amos
Obadiah
Jonah
Micah
Nahum
Habakkuk
Zephaniah
Haggai
Zechariah
Malachi

There is also mention of many prophets in the New Testament including Jesus.

Please read the Bible and you will have no need of prophets who are not inspired by God. God has left his Word, and that is good enough for me!
This is true, we do have the word of God to rely on and I do not need a prophet to tell me things. But sadly not everyone feels the same way, they do not read the bible and some completely take it out of context. Others would much rather Go on youtube for a word of God than read the word. As I have said before when it comes to testing something with scripture the word of God is no longer enough because of how easily it can and is taken out of context and twisted to fit our own agendas. Some people make a living by purposely and skillfully doing this