Why I Believe The King James Bible - Sermon message By Lordson Roch

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ChosenbyHim

Senior Member
Sep 19, 2011
3,343
113
63
Why I Believe The King James Bible

By Lordson Roch




[video=youtube;uta6yFOGTwQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uta6yFOGTwQ[/video]​
 
I thought this would be a personal post as to the King James. I have not watched the video. I am not interested in what someone who is directed as to what they can teach and how, says about the King James. I use the King James in conjunction with the Strong's concordance, which was built off of the King James. I believe the King James is the most accurate among the many revised editions, but it does contain errors. Even so, with the Strong's, I can pinpoint those errors. With newer versions I cannot.
 
I thought this would be a personal post as to the King James. I have not watched the video. I am not interested in what someone who is directed as to what they can teach and how, says about the King James. I use the King James in conjunction with the Strong's concordance, which was built off of the King James. I believe the King James is the most accurate among the many revised editions, but it does contain errors. Even so, with the Strong's, I can pinpoint those errors. With newer versions I cannot.


Hello there ob77. There are no errors in the King James Bible. The only errors are in your understanding.

How long have you been reading and studying from the King James Holy Bible?
 
The New King James Bible' English Style is much easier for me to read & understand than KJV. But we cannot say these translations are PERFECT.

For example: The greatest verse John 3:16 reads as, For God so loved the world that He gave His only 'BEGOTTEN' son.....
The original word in Greek is..For God so loved the world that He gave His 'MONOGENES' son meaning UNIQUE KIND/TYPE, ONLY ONE KIND/TYPE.

So the verse should have read in KJV as, For God so loved the world that He gave His UNIQUE KIND/TYPE, ONLY ONE KIND/TYPE son.


My questions: What do we mean by saying the word 'BEGOTTEN' ??

Is Jesus a Begotten son??

If we use the meaning of begotten and frame the sentence of the verse, how does it read as??

I'm not against KJV or NKJV, I love my Bible.
Just want to point that we cannot claim the translation to be perfect.
 
The New King James Bible' English Style is much easier for me to read & understand than KJV. But we cannot say these translations are PERFECT.

For example: The greatest verse John 3:16 reads as, For God so loved the world that He gave His only 'BEGOTTEN' son.....
The original word in Greek is..For God so loved the world that He gave His 'MONOGENES' son meaning UNIQUE KIND/TYPE, ONLY ONE KIND/TYPE.

So the verse should have read in KJV as, For God so loved the world that He gave His UNIQUE KIND/TYPE, ONLY ONE KIND/TYPE son.


Hi there Richiee. The King James Bible is a perfect and inspired translation. A translation can be perfect if God's mighty hand of providence is involved i the translation work.


Also, the word 'begotten' as found in the King James Bible in John 3:16 is the correct rendering.

Jesus was and is the only begotten Son of the Father. Jesus proceeded and came forth from the Father (John 8:42).


My questions: What do we mean by saying the word 'BEGOTTEN' ??

Is Jesus a Begotten son??

If we use the meaning of begotten and frame the sentence of the verse, how does it read as??


Jesus is the Begotten Son because He proceeded forth from God the Father (See John 8:42).


I'm not against KJV or NKJV, I love my Bible.
Just want to point that we cannot claim the translation to be perfect.


The King James Holy Bible is a perfect and inspired translation. God has His mighty hand upon it.