Let's take this a bit deeper...
My thoughts:
If teaching obedience to stay saved worked, the teachers and their students would be the most loving people on the planet. But this type of teaching usually focuses on what NOT to do to stay saved (don't sin) instead of what TO do to stay saved (love radically). Why? Because preaching against sin doesn't give us the power to love. Only receiving love does. And through receiving love, we choose to love out of our new found freedom. Love is a free choice not a forced one. God didn't have to save us, He chose to out of love. Receiving His love is how we don't sin. Because sin is when we don't have or live out of His love.
If you feel anything of what I said is unscriptural feel free to tell me, I will show you which Scriptures I have made these conclusions from.