Why I now believe that salvation can be lost.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Thief on the cross: "wait Lord, not today, I still have to be baptised"
Thief on the cross: "wait Lord, not today, I still have to be baptised"
I've already answered this in many posts. Jesus went and preached to the thief in paradise 😊

Water baptism changed after the cross.

I'm sure that's simple to understand

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I've already answered this in many posts. Jesus went and preached to the thief in paradise 😊

Water baptism changed after the cross.

I'm sure that's simple to understand
It may be simple to understand, but do you have Scripture proving that 'water baptism changed after the cross'? I don't believe something unless I see it plainly taught in Scripture, it's just that simple :)

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Waiting...Oh yes I had added this...
"I don't believe something unless I see it plainly taught in Scripture, it's just that simple:) "
I will not keep you waiting for long 😊

Acts 19

New International Version

Paul in Ephesus
19 While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul took the road through the interior and arrived at Ephesus. There he found some disciples 2 and asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when[a] you believed?”
They answered, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”
3 So Paul asked, “Then what baptism did you receive?”
“John’s baptism,” they replied.
4 Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” 5 On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues[b] and prophesied. 7 There were about twelve men in all.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I will not keep you waiting for long 😊

Acts 19

New International Version

Paul in Ephesus
19 While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul took the road through the interior and arrived at Ephesus. There he found some disciples 2 and asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when[a] you believed?”
They answered, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”
3 So Paul asked, “Then what baptism did you receive?”
“John’s baptism,” they replied.
4 Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” 5 On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues[b] and prophesied. 7 There were about twelve men in all.
Still is unclear why the thief went unbaptized. Also, does this mean one must speak in tongues in order to be saved? Again the thief didn't.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Still is unclear why the thief went unbaptized. Also, does this mean one must speak in tongues in order to be saved? Again the thief didn't.
The context of what the thief said on the cross is key.

Jesus said tonight you will join me in paradise. This was not heaven, Jesus was talking about, Jesus was talking about the Abrahams bosom, known as a place of paradise for the righteous Who had died in the old t, where Jesus went and preached, I believe it's the same place where the tomb stone was split open, and the saints who had believed in the ot where raised to life.

For all we those people may been baptised in water, we just don't know if Abrahams bosom was also a sea, revelation speaks about the sea giving up there dead. those people could have been sleeping, may have been resurrected in water too 😊 before they came out of the tomb stone through the sea

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The context of what the thief said on the cross is key.

Jesus said tonight you will join me in paradise. This was not heaven, Jesus was talking about, Jesus was talking about the Abrahams bosom, known as a place of paradise for the righteous Who had died in the old t, where Jesus went and preached, I believe it's the same place where the tomb stone was split open, and the saints who had believed in the ot where raised to life.

For all we those people may been baptised in water, we just don't know if Abrahams bosom was also a sea, revelation speaks about the sea giving up there dead. those people could have been sleeping, may have been resurrected in water too 😊 before they came out of the tomb stone through the sea
Thanks for your ’opinion’.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Hello and thanks for your answer. However, I have MANY, MANY other Verses too. Here is another example.

"These men are hidden reefs [elements of great danger to others] in your love feasts when they feast together with you without fear, looking after [only] themselves; [they are like] clouds without water, swept along by the winds; autumn trees without fruit, doubly dead, uprooted and lifeless " Jude 12 AMP

If they died twice then it means they already had been born again.
No. They died the first spiritual death while in the loins of Adam along with Adam which is passed through Adam's seed, and those who remain unsaved will die the second death on judgement day. Due to Adam, everyone who comes into this world comes into it spiritually dead, and thereby, are there two spiritual deaths, but not because they were spiritually alive once in this world. For those whom God had chosen to save/ make born again, the following verses (amongst many others) show us that for them, there can be no possibility of losing salvation.

[1Pe 1:4-5 KJV]
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

[Phl 1:6 KJV]
6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ: