why is all this happening?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

iheartYeshua

Mar 9, 2012
I ask this because I notice a lot of people staring at me. Pretty much everywhere I go. There is never one who doesn't stare at me. Even when someone is on a date that guy or girl will look at me the entire time which in return makes the other one on the date not facing me, get angry at me, because they want to know what is grabbing their dates attention so much. It's just something about my presence that draws sooo much attention and all I have to do is walk into a place or just be sitting down. It's like people know i'm there or something inside them senses something inside of me, without me having to eve say a word.

And when I get stared at it's like they can't help it. One guy kept staring at me and trying to fight it and eventually he moved his seat. I saw this from my peripheral vision. They will stare at me for however long the duration I'm there from 3minutes to 2 hours. I was on the a 20 minute train ride and got stared at the entire time. I know it's not in my head because I will occasionally look back over and see their eyes still on me.

One lady couldn't have possibly known I was walking behind her turns around directly into my eyes as if she knew I was there. She put her hand up as if to signal "do not come any closer to me" It was strange because first off all we were at a stop light and I had to cross the street just as she. So i had to stand by her. Just as natural as people have to stand by each other in an elevator.

I really don't know what it is about me. I see other people who actually stand out as in wardrobe , height, hair color, but no one pays them any attention. It's like they blend right on in and their internal selves are accepted. I don't do anything out of the ordinary nor do i dress out of the ordinary. I'm not ridicuously beautiful I'm just average.

I also have a friend who notices this(clarifies its not in my head). That we get different attention than everyone else pretty much. Just out about in the public. People tell us there is a certain peaceful nature about us. But I mean we also get people who have negative reactions toward us majority of the time. It's like peoples initial reaction is negative repulsion for some reason. Not cuz of our appearance we keep ourselves well kept together, but I would say it has to be something from the inside they don't like about us???

I feel God brought me and her together for a reason because what we experience is so uncanny and similar to a T. Some other reactions we found we have in common that we get from people when they encounter us is (extensive coughing almost choking, sneezing, burping, start talking to themselves, whistling out of no where, anger, fear, cracking their knuckles or stretching as if they had got stiff all of a sudden, yawning, etc)

It's really hard to go places when these are the reactions I get almost 99.9% of the time. When I know that I am a nice person. Wherever I go I truly DO feel that I stand out soo much. The fact God loves me stays on my mind. Even children look at me as if I'm this great entity or something. Their the ONLY ones I don't have a problem with. Children come up to me all the time as if I'm their mom or they can trust me. Babies look at me and laugh out of no where and I don't even do anything funny. The parents will look at me and wonder what is this baby seeing?

If I may note, this is not a color thing as I get this from even my own race.

To prevent the risk of hurting me making me feel crazy, please pray to be guided on how to answer this post. Though it would be nice to know there are other people who experience this. :/

Thank you all.

T

Tintin

Hmm... interesting. Maybe they see the Holy Spirit who lives in you. Some are attracted to that and some are repulsed, especially those involved in any occult activities. It makes sense.

OnThisRock

Jan 20, 2011
Random Thoughts - Have you heard of the gift of discernment of spirits? Is God developing this gift in you?

Nov 26, 2012
It's funny you mention it. I've been spending more time in airports these days and I've been noticing people staring at me sometimes. My daughter says, "Dad, you're not ugly. You're not exactly eye candy, more like eye fruit.". So that testifies to my attractiveness. Most people you think when you catch them looking at you break their gaze, but some I've noticed, just keep staring. That's usually when I smile and nod or make a funny face at them, whatever seems more appropriate at the time. Not everybody's looking at me but lots of people do a doubletake like they think they just saw someone they know.

P

preachersaul

This is spiritual and not the first time it has been brought up on this site. The last lassie was Canadian iirc. When God's spirit enters us we change irrevocably. In some the signs are very subtle. Others seem the physically shine. Look at 2 Tim 1:7. When you are aware that God loves you, His spirit is speaking into your heart, strengthening and reassuring you.

That's the easy bit.

From what I have been told, and experienced people who are demonically influenced will give you a reaction of either fear (and flee or lock-up) or one of aggression (and stand). When one is expelled, it isexpelled along with air which correlates to burping, yawning, coughing, sneezing and if you believe a pastor friend of mine, the most explosive breaking of wind you will ever hear. See James 4:7

My advice is to pray and ask the Lord what he wants you to do/learn from this. Please note that I'm not trying to scare you, it's just that too many of these things coincide for me to not post this. Feel free to PM me.

Love in Jesus,
Preach.

iheartYeshua

Mar 9, 2012
I'm not sure if He is developing this gift in me. I'm not even sure how to use it. I just notice I'm treated differently in society and I'm always clashing with the world around me. If He IS developing this gift in me I would say that a lot of people are lost. Just counting the # of adverse reactions I get.

iheartYeshua

Mar 9, 2012
I tend to wave at them or make a funny face, but it doesn't work. Sometimes I get wave back other times no. It's like they have been programmed/controlled to target me no matter what I do for as long as i'm there. And they are totally fine being uncomfortable with me without even having a legit reason as to why. It's just 'Oh here is a girl, I don't like her, though i've never met her before and she's done nothing to me, I just don't like her case closed!" and they're fine with being lead to think that way about me.

iheartYeshua

Mar 9, 2012
If you have any of the links of other people that have posted exact situations such as mine, as the Canadian you mentioned, please feel free to post the links. I experience all of the reactions you have mentioned. I always notice the men will ball their fists or spit and the women will fold their arms or roll their eyes and sometimes even clutch their belongings even tighter. If their child is not around just the sight of me will provoke them to call their child over to them.

So regarding the expulsion, are you saying that when these people come around me or I around them the spirits are being expelled from them? And yes I have had people break wind around me, cough on me (which is why I get sick all the time)..

Btw, you aren't scaring me at all. I'm so glad that people can speak on this matter.

H

hattiebod

Hi, i can imagine this is something that is troubling you? that is why you are writting this post, you feel singled out? and wonder why? you also say at the end of your post that if i was to reply i am to be guided in tbeing gentle in this....'though it would be nice to know there are others who experienc this'. Well, i am replying and I can only hope I am being compassionate, not only because you are asking for answers here, but because i would like to be supportive? and thats what this site is alll about I think. No, I have never felt I stand out so much...it must be difficult? why do you think it happens to you? Its lovley that children feel so happy and relaxed with you, no, i do not hink you are crazy!! this is real for you. I want to listen and be here for you.

iheartYeshua

Mar 9, 2012
Hi, i can imagine this is something that is troubling you? that is why you are writting this post, you feel singled out? and wonder why? you also say at the end of your post that if i was to reply i am to be guided in tbeing gentle in this....'though it would be nice to know there are others who experienc this'. Well, i am replying and I can only hope I am being compassionate, not only because you are asking for answers here, but because i would like to be supportive? and thats what this site is alll about I think. No, I have never felt I stand out so much...it must be difficult? why do you think it happens to you? Its lovley that children feel so happy and relaxed with you, no, i do not hink you are crazy!! this is real for you. I want to listen and be here for you.

Everything I mention is up at the top. There is nothing much more to say.

G4JC

Feb 9, 2011
Well, there are many possibilities here, but just mentioning a few not directed at original poster.

1) People gawk at you for wearing immodest clothing, committing adultery in their hearts. (Matthew 5:28)
Teaching Christian Ladies to Dress Modestly

2) You simply dress and act "average" which in itself is a rarity in this generation of prominate liberal sub-cultures including emo/goth, hippies, etc. which find normalcy strikeling appart from the new-normal crowd.

3) As other posters have mentioned, God lives in us and sometimes certain people just can't stand it or act very strangely around us. (John 1:5,John:17:14-16, etc.)
If You Love Jesus, Will the World Love You? | thebereancall.org

At any rate, don't feel alone if it's the latter two. I think a lot of Christians are going through this, sadly, some even in Church.

iheartYeshua

Mar 9, 2012
Well, there are many possibilities here, but just mentioning a few not directed at original poster.

1) People gawk at you for wearing immodest clothing, committing adultery in their hearts. (Matthew 5:28)
Teaching Christian Ladies to Dress Modestly

2) You simply dress and act "average" which in itself is a rarity in this generation of prominate liberal sub-cultures including emo/goth, hippies, etc. which find normalcy strikeling appart from the new-normal crowd.

3) As other posters have mentioned, God lives in us and sometimes certain people just can't stand it or act very strangely around us. (John 1:5,John:17:14-16, etc.)
If You Love Jesus, Will the World Love You? | thebereancall.org

At any rate, don't feel alone if it's the latter two. I think a lot of Christians are going through this, sadly, some even in Church.

Yes, but even when I see other average people they stare at me as well. That's how I know it's not about the external. It's like something literally makes them notice me and it's just our presences are in conflict and they are just stuck on me for the whole time and don't care about any1 else. It's just all about me. People have even almost gotten hurt in this little trance like state upon my encounter.

One lady was in a trance like state staring at me and the bus came to an abrupt stop and she wasn't holding onto anything and almost fell. One girl's desk was falling over and she was in the same type of trance at me and snapped out of it when it fell. Some people even stare at me rather than look in the direction of the traffic risking them of getting hit. It gets crazy!

And yes sadly this happens to me WITHIN the church as well and it makes me question who's really there for God and who's really a true follower and not just saying Lord Lord.

And yes it could possibly be God in me. That's why I took it to the forums to see if anyone could talk a little more in depth of this matter.

-I<3Yeshua

G4JC

Feb 9, 2011
One lady was in a trance like state staring at me and the bus came to an abrupt stop and she wasn't holding onto anything and almost fell.
I haven't had anyone nearly fall over yet, but the "trance-like" state I have seen before as well. Especially magnified when wearing Christian T-Shirts. The eyes fix on the message as if in reading just before the eyes glaze over in an afixed stare for seemingly minutes. This gets even more awkward if it's the cashier and you're in line with waiting customers while they continue to look forward into space speachless.

In such a case I would say there's definately something in/around these people which is not of God and is affecting them. You also have to keep in mind as people become darker, through practices which are clearly forbidden in the bible these things will become more and more prominent.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. - Ephesians 6:12

Things such as:
Is There"Christian" Yoga?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVuQFPhRs3E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN5ow8DAGD0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4VwfWrUHpM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHTgQ8zs4go

http://www.gotquestions.org/hypnosis-Christian.html
All of these, and many more - opens the door for the human being influenced by the occult. The more influenced and open they become to it, the more possesed/oppressed we can expect society to become. :(

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; - 1 Timothy 4:1-2

Last edited:

iheartYeshua

Mar 9, 2012
I haven't had anyone nearly fall over yet, but the "trance-like" state I have seen before as well. Especially magnified when wearing Christian T-Shirts. The eyes fix on the message as if in reading just before the eyes glaze over in an afixed stare for seemingly minutes. This gets even more awkward if it's the cashier and you're in line with waiting customers while they continue to look forward into space speachless.

In such a case I would say there's definately something in/around these people which is not of God and is affecting them. You also have to keep in mind as people become darker, through practices which are clearly forbidden in the bible these things will become more and more prominent.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. - Ephesians 6:12

Things such as:
Is There"Christian" Yoga?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVuQFPhRs3E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN5ow8DAGD0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4VwfWrUHpM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHTgQ8zs4go

http://www.gotquestions.org/hypnosis-Christian.html
All of these, and many more - opens the door for the human being influenced by the occult. The more influenced and open they become to it, the more possesed/oppressed we can expect society to become. :(

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; - 1 Timothy 4:1-2

I have had the cashier thing happen as well! Usually the cashier spots me out of everyone else even if im like the 10th customer in line. They are fine with the customers before me, but then when it's my turn for them to check me out they get all shift eyed and nervous. I rarely get a greeting of hello or a have a nice day because they are so fearful of whatever it is about me. Then when the cashier is uncomfortable with me all the other cashiers join in with her/him and they look at me as if I'm causing trouble when all I wanna do is pay for my crap and get the heck out. It's like whatever they have, internally communicate with one another regarding me.

Mine is more ignited when I'm wearing a Jesus Cross...it's like attack city. Man, I am COMPLETELY convinced this spiritual battle is REAL and in full effect and it's nasty. God is showing me how to cope. I'm glad you can relate G4JC. What do you normally do when in those situations? It really is kind of hard to ignore.

T

Tintin

I don't get these reactions at all and I'm a Christian. That said, young children are almost always drawn to me. They must be able to see my childlike nature. But there's no doubt about it, I love being a big kid.

J

Jordache

I've gotten other reactions, but strange attention still. It definitely could be spiritual. Could be a stronghold or a gift... Not enough info.

iheartYeshua

Mar 9, 2012
I've gotten other reactions, but strange attention still. It definitely could be spiritual. Could be a stronghold or a gift... Not enough info.

I can provide more info for you? Do you have any specific questions?