Why is it hard to mean real christians these days

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LK22

I'v noticed lately that a lot of people that say they are christians are not living the way the Bible tells them so? Im not saying that I am perfect, its just hard to find ppl out there that truely love and follow God, or is it just me? Someone help

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
Matthew 7:13-14

New International Version (NIV)

The Narrow and Wide Gates

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

-----------------------------------
I'm not sure what kind of help you're wanting exactly, but the above scripture came to mind. :)

L

LK22

I guess your saying that there are so few is because the other ppl choose the wide path? Makes sense, I just feel like Christianity is dying...it kills me.

Jul 13, 2009
It saddens me too. I often think that some Christians see the Lord as a lifeguard and that sinning is like swimming in the deep side of a pool. Some people are curious or tempted to explore that deep dangerous side and want go swimming there but just as they start drowning, they expect God to come and save them. And don't get me wrong, it's good to look for the Lord when problems arise...but shouldn't we just stay away from the deep side of the pool and just avoid problems from the start? I often think people use the typical "no one's perfect" phrase as an excuse not to try any harder; but just because no one is perfect beside Jesus, doesn't mean we should stop trying to be better.

Yes, I also feel like real Christianity is dying. A lot of people's actions don't match the words that come out of their lips.

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
Well for many people Christianity has just become a title, but I think just living a life of love and joy for others attracts even the 'falling Christians' to get up and seek God again.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
I think we have lost sight of the Goal of Christianity. We are called to proclaim the glory of God to all nations. To seek save and make disciples of the lost baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy spirit. That means seeking to have a personal relationship with people and share the love of Christ with them, one person at a time.

Instead what we have is a list of culturally unacceptable things to if you put Christian in the box by your name when you voted. We have whining radio stations and flashy bumper stickers that we hope will do the job for us. We don't want to have to "deal with" the poor. We especially don't want it to be "personal" rather we would have it be impersonal, like writing a check to a missionary we have never met or give 5 bucks to the guy on the corner. There is no relationship there, no discipleship but, its comfortable.

T

Timofree

I guess your saying that there are so few is because the other ppl choose the wide path? Makes sense, I just feel like Christianity is dying...it kills me.
Christianity isn't dying, we know the end of the story, and it turns out eternally gloriously :) :) Prasie the Lord.

We need God's consuming fire to burn out the sin and worldliness of the church.
Praise God He's moving mightily over the world. In countries where people face persecution, there's little room for nice religious ceremonies, or dabbling in sin. It's a case of God please send Your Spirit in power and fire, or we might face death!!! And those who hunger and thirst for righteousness WILL be filled, because He say's they will.

Be thankful your hungry for God now, keep going. With the troubles on this earth, more people will have to turn to Him

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
I'v noticed lately that a lot of people that say they are christians are not living the way the Bible tells them so? Im not saying that I am perfect, its just hard to find ppl out there that truely love and follow God, or is it just me? Someone help
I guess it goes like this: in as much as you live up to being a real christian yourself can you ask for real christians among others.

C

Crossfire

I guess it goes like this: in as much as you live up to being a real christian yourself can you ask for real christians among others.
Because most mainline churches are no teaching authentic christianity these days. Instead they are either focused on insignificant doctrines which divide the church or they are too busy entertaining doctrine which attempts to justify sin in the life of a believer which is not biblical at all.

K

Kris3

I definitely can agree with you. We live in a world of sin, and as the years go by, the world gets consumed more and more by sin. I think one thing we have to remember is that God gives us grace. He forgives all. And we are called to love others and show God's love and compassion. Everyone's relationship is different with God, and everyone struggles with different things, and in different aspects of their lives. One person is not the same as the next. All we can do is work on our relationship with God and be a witness to those who have fallen. I think also we should humble ourselves and love the sinner and hate the sin.

Aug 2, 2009
Are you saying you're having trouble finding people that are perfect in their walk with Christ? When you find someone who is, let me know.

As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one;" (Romans 3:10 NIV)

Last edited:
C

CatWoman

What is a "REAL CHRISTIAN"? I really dont think we have the right to judge who is and who isnt. Just because a christian sins doesnt make them a phoney christian.And just because some one is a very nice person and quotes scriptue doesnt mean their a "real christian" I know a woman whos first husbund was a decan at their church and he had an affair on her. It seems to me that we all have been hurt by some christians short commings and its a shock when it happens because we feel that a christian would be the last person on earth to offend us.That doesnt make them a bad person it just makes them human.we have to forgive people who are a child of God and act otherwise.Everyone falls short christian or not.

Aug 2, 2009
What is a "REAL CHRISTIAN"? I really dont think we have the right to judge who is and who isnt. Just because a christian sins doesnt make them a phoney christian.And just because some one is a very nice person and quotes scriptue doesnt mean their a "real christian" I know a woman whos first husbund was a decan at their church and he had an affair on her. It seems to me that we all have been hurt by some christians short commings and its a shock when it happens because we feel that a christian would be the last person on earth to offend us.That doesnt make them a bad person it just makes them human.we have to forgive people who are a child of God and act otherwise.Everyone falls short christian or not.
Amen! Only God knows who truly is trying to honor Him in their hearts, and He knows that the flesh is weak. That is why He sacrificed His only Son. Because He knew that man can never be righteous by their own accord and that man needed a merciful Savior who would have the authority to forgive all of man's sins.

All of us have become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;
we all shrivel up like a leaf,
and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

(Isaiah 64:6 NIV)

Last edited:

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
Because most mainline churches are no teaching authentic christianity these days. Instead they are either focused on insignificant doctrines which divide the church or they are too busy entertaining doctrine which attempts to justify sin in the life of a believer which is not biblical at all.
As often in these topics, you do not express yourself clearly or exemplify your points. Tell us if you will which doctrines you consider insignificant but yet are so divisive?

As for justifying sin by false teaching, yes, much of it occurs today and that includes not only libertinism in various forms but also sinless perfectionism and similar hypocrital deceptions such as "lordship salvation".

J

jimsun

Having set foot in most corners of our world, witnessing folk's numerous & different facets of my God in their eyes, this is a hard question for me.
I can only answer personally & say that my God took me under his wing @ age 7 & whilst a Chorister @ our local Abbey & studying. @ the RSCM.
I always refer to "my God" as I appreciate that others perceive him/her in different ways. However the bedrock of my Christianity lies in my relationship & understanding of my God.
Maybe that. is over-simplifying things but it's what works for me & has always worked well.
J.

Pheonix

Jan 17, 2007
personally I think its a combination of apathy, bad teaching and poor understanding for those who read. we are so steeped in the world today that everything has gotten grey rather than black and white. like ink on a page when you dip it in water. It kind of runs and smears. Also as others have said we have no wish to be told what we can and can't do so we ignore what we don't want to hear.

In Western Societies pursuit of knowledge and understanding, we've forgotten who we are and where we came from. As a result, we have no culture, no real way of life except do what feels good. that after all is freedom. We are flailing around looking for answers in all the wrong places and ignoring the one place that has all the answers.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
The flesh finds it hard to resist the worldly ways. Live in your spirit and life is great. The hard part is winning the every day battle we all face with the flesh.
The desire of the flesh is powerful, the world pulls you down. Stay strong in the spirit.
The spirit needs love, God is love, so love is GOD. Your spirit needs God. Of course we have to abide with the world and find a way to live in spirit through the flesh. Your spirit is your eternal being. If you worry and fear not satisfying the flesh then you are not winning the battle. I am in a battle every day. I pray to be forgiven of my sins. I am still walking this world and trying to protect my spirit from its' greed, hate, love of money. I cannot change the world, but if i keep my spirit loving God then I am on the right path.