Why is that it

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Godsholywrath

Why is that whenever I try to spread my faith and live the life that Christ intended for me, the world meets me with such dissapproval and I as a result I have become a really unpopular person in my own intellectual circles and discredited elsewhere. It feels bad like no one is listenting, that everyone think I am a fool for following Him.
Everytime I extend love and grace they just spit back in my face.
I need help and comfort...I feel disheartened.
Ohh and by the way my name has nothing to do with how I preach the word of God, I just choose it.

B

BellaFlor

This is what most Christ Followers experience, suffering for their faith in Christ, getting laughed at by others, made fun of, etc... Many people do respect one that has chosen Christ, especially in "free speech" countries, but once we start getting radical and enthuiastic with sharing our faith, pray openly for people on the streets or anywhere else where it might come up to our minds, it somehow might provoce many unbeleivers, or other religious beleiving people.

You are just being on fire for God, and that's all splendid! Still, it doesn't means that everyone will agree on this and be very willing to receive what you have for them. This can also maybe be a test of faith by God with you. Still, you shouldn't despair, and continue doing what you feel called and lead by God to be doing. If some people refuse to receive Jesus in their hearts, then you should just let them be, and if you feel an urge praying for them you do so too. You are to be doing your part, and God the rest of it :) God Bless You!

L

lightbliss

John 15:18
If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you

John 15:19
If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the
world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

John 17:14
I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.

:)

R

Ricke

Lightness
Excellent Post of scriptures., When I first Got in Church, I wanted everyone to know! I tried and tried to witness to family and friends, they shut me off on any Discussions regarding their beleifs and mine. It is what Jesus warned us about, when we pick up The Cross and follow him.

If everybody listned to what were being witnessed into Daily,, Satan would have to put a "Going out Of Buisness" sign on the front gates of Hell. Amen

eugenius

Jul 17, 2009
John 15:18
If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you

John 15:19
If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the
world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

John 17:14
I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.

:)
Amen....

People hate the truth. Remember that to be a Christian you gotta admit you are a sinner. Its very hard for many people to admit they are wrong. In the end if they reject it, its their problem. We don't force anyone to believe anything, All we need to do it let them know if they don't already know.

Jun 25, 2010
If we could rate a thread, i would give this 5 stars. No one said this would be easy.