Why It Is Important To Know What I Believe & Why I Believe It

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kisrael
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kisrael

Guest
We are instructed in 2 Timothy 4:2 "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine."(KJV) and 1 Peter 3:15 "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts; and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" (KJV) this would answer the "Why" one would proclaim his/her faith to another.

The "What" one would believe would determine the amount of passion one would proclaim such a life changing view to another. The verse in 2 Timothy 4:2 "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine." (KJV) and that clarifies to me that I should know "WHY" I believe and "What" I believe.

Timothy says we have to know what we are to say about what we believe and why we believe it. As Ben Gutierrez says "Passionate Pleading with Precision and Patience."

Reply Comment: I was born again 23 years ago. Until then, I guess you could say that I was really an atheist. At the very moment I became born again it was as if everything that I had ever learned or knew from the time I was born was proven to be false. My life was turned inside out and upside down.

Until then I thought I knew everything that one could know about this life but I found out that I had been believing a lie my entire life until the moment that I was born again. It truly was as if I had a Saul to Paul conversion on the road to Damaskus