why many are deceived by satan

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

roaringkitten

Here we will be taking a look at satan. Because I feel led by the Holy Spirit to expose the nature of the evil one(and his demons). I wont be dealing with specific issues here in this thread(ie: specific false doctrines spawned by evil spirits, etc) but will be exclusively looking at the nature of just how SUBTLE the devil is and demons. Because even I was blinded as a Christian to some evil schemes of satan in parts of my life. We all should dwell on the Lord, but too many times as Christians we get complacent, dont read the Word, get seduced by worldly philosophies, etc. That is how satan is able to creep into our lives and churches like a thief.

Before the fall, Lucifer was described as a beautiful angel and FULL of wisdom:

"Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. " Ezekiel 28:12-18

Lucifer rebelled against God, and his PRIDE destroyed his former character. What does pride do to man? Consider Proverbs 16:18-"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." Notice in Ezekiel, Lucifer's pride "corrupted thy wisdom". Consider Proverbs 11:2- "When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom." When Lucifer became prideful, it corrupted his wisdom, and led to his fall!

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." John 8:44

In John 10:10 satan is described as one who came to steal, kill, and destroy! In Revelation 2:12-13 satan dwells in the church of Pergamos! The church? Yes, he is so masterfully subtle he has easily crept into MANY churches today.

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." 2 Corinthians 11:14

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world:..." John 8:12 Also see John 9:5

"In him was life; and the life was the light of men." John 1:4

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
John 14:6

Notice immediately, there are 2 types of light. A counterfeit light, and the true light! satan is a MASTER of deception. It is easy to spot him in the most blatant ways(ie: murder, wars, animosity, etc), but is incredibly hard to spot him if you are not carefully grounded in the Word. Such subtlety are in things like false religions and ideas of the world. satan knows Scripture! Recall the temptation of Jesus, as the devil tried to twist scripture on Jesus(see Matthew 4:1-11). In satanism, he is a MASTER of mocking and IMITATING the Word of God!

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. "
2 Corinthians 11:13

"For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God." Romans 10:3

Notice there are two distinctions in the above 2 verses(2 Cor.11:13/Romans 10:3)-"transforming themselves" and "submitting themselves". The first one is COUNTERFEIT. We can NEVER transform ourselves by good works, but only by submitting to the righteousness of God!(Romans 10:4)

“But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his SUBTLETY, so your minds should be corrupted from the SIMPLICITY that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.” 2 Corinthians 11:3-4

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." Matthew 7:15

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;" 1 Timothy 4:1

Doctines of devils are doctrines that speak lies against the Word of God. "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Isaiah 8:20
Just as Christ has sent out apostles to speak the truth, satan has sent out apostles that appear benign on the surface(ie: sheep) but within their hearts they are ravenous(ie:wolves).

"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:" Ephesians 2:2

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Romans 12:2

"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God." James 4:4

"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." 2 Corinthians 4:4

"Ye that love the LORD, HATE evil..." Psalm 97:10

"Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?" Psalm 94:16

Read the six verses directly above and let them sink in. satan is the "prince of the power of the air", he works "IN the children of disobedience", he is the "god of this this world". Jesus calls us to "be not conformed to this world". Friendship of the world is "emnity with God". Because the world hates righteousness and and goodness, they always tend toward things of darkness. Now Psalm 97:10 does not read "Ye that love the LORD, is neutral to evil", or that they merely "dislike" evil. They HATE evil!!!
We are even asked to RISE UP against the evildoers! What does that mean? Make a statement, preach against their sin, tell them to make a choice to trust in Jesus as their Savior! That is what we are called to do!

satan is so SUBTLE, verses even use that very word "SUBTLE" to convey his sneekiness. The ideas from him and demons sound good! They are very well thought out, and many fall for it! Usually, satan has to mix truth with error so that it wont be so obvious to the layman(ie: Christians that dont know the Word very well). satan already has the lost doomed. He will target Christians that have the most potential for God's kingdom the most, because a lukewarm Christian isn't as threatening to satan(since satan and his henchmen(ie:demons) want to bring as many souls to hell with him, and a Christian that doesn't share his faith helps satan accomplish this easier)

So, I want you to ask yourself what you see around you(list them!). What does the culture of today gravitate towards? As a Christian you were once the FORMER(Ephesians 2:2). I can guarantee, that whatever the mainstream culture teaches today goes directly opposite of righteousness. I could list over a thousand different things(ie:TV shows, certain music,etc) but I ask you to seek God and ask the Holy Spirit to direct you to areas in your life that still conforms to the world. I have had to do this MANY occasions myself! I am just as guilty too! May the Lord bless CC, I am here because I love you all. I dont even care if some hate me. It just makes me love them more. I ask in all humblenss that us Christians get out of our slumber and get serious for our Lord Jesus. Because satan knows he's doomed, he needs to drag as many people to hell with him, and satan is hard at work accomplishing this. The Holy Spirit is grieving in my spirit, as the world goes to destruction, and churches remain silent.

Dec 24, 2008
Roaring Kitten.........you sure have roared !

Beautiful post. It is true we need to dwell on God's ability and goodness the majority of the time, but we must also not be ignorant of Satan's devices.
The Word of God teaches a great deal more about the enemy than most Christians realize.
There are alot of Christians who do not believe in the Devil or devil spirits.........and so they say God does all.
God has taken alot of heat for what the Adversary has done.
The Word of God also has much to say about those people who are born of the wrong seed. Their father is the devil....as you covered in the Gospel of John.
As Christians however, we must remember 1 John 4:4
We always have more power than the enemy.........for the One who is in us is Christ. [ Colossians 1:27]

God bless

C

christiancanadian

Thank you for your post roaringkitten. I agree, we do need to get the word out about our Lord & Saviour Jesus Christ. There are so many lies and deceptions from satan. We must pray and read the scriptures. That's what I'm doing! All praise to Jesus! God bless you for posting this sister in Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.