Why not believe the gospel (for a change)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
Turn from your own ways and believe the gospel, that you are reconciled to God because of Jesus' vicarious suffering on the cross.

You may think: "But not so fast and easy, there must surely be something God requires of me first? Would not God that I first become a good christian, that I become something entirely different than what I am now, that something really radical happens with me? Would not God that I only first have a true sorrow for my sin and have a true and living faith?".

The message of the gospel is not a message about what we do for God, but it is the message of what God has done for us.

The law does not require that you do your best, but that you keep all the commandments perfectly. If you do not keep the law, you are a law violator - how honest, sincere and zealous you would ever be in your quest! The law requires, as said, that you keep all of the commandments without exception perfectly - not that you try your best.

Jesus kept the law in your place, that's why He is a perfect High Priest, a worthy sacrifice to God, that's why the Bible teaches that we can be certain of our salvation. The words "work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" has God not said that you may be unsure of your salvation. These words are directed against the carnal man, the man who begins to rely on his own piety, his own ambition, his own ability. These words serve their purpose. But if you're wondering how to find peace with God and assurance of forgiveness, then you should listen to the gospel, not the law.

The gospel (or "good news") proclaims not merely a half salvation, not a salvation that makes you half-happy. It's really good news! It is the wonderful news: "You are redeemed. You are forgiven. God expects you not your sin, Jesus has paid for it."

The gospel message is not "Do this, so it is good for you". The gospel message is "This has God done for you." Sure, the Bible teaches in many places "do this" and "do not do this", but this is not the gospel message. This is the law (which would show on your sin).

Jesus was not sent to the world to condemn it, but to save it. Repent and believe the Gospel! The gospel says: "Jesus sacrificed himself for you. He took your place in punishment." You'll be redeemed. God redeemed His people. God sent His Son to a faithless and wicked world, so that through Him it might have life. By faith in this wonderful message you receive the free gift of God's forgiveness, mercy and salvation. By unbelief, which includes trusting your own works and piety rather than God's finished work, not submitting to the righteousness of God, you go out on it.

The gospel has nothing to do with your feelings or thoughts. The gospel message is God's word of mercy to you. The gospel is about Jesus and His deeds, not about your quest. Repent and believe the gospel!

When conscience condemn you and you think that God has turned away from you and are not happy with you - even then you shall believe the gospel! Conscience and feelings can become accustomed to an inaccurate image of the angry cruel god who does not want to give men something for free and for nothing, a God who takes charge, but the gospel shows that the senses and conscience are wrong.

You're thinking "But I have to regret it - I have to regret it properly first." Yes, we humans need to repent, but it is not God who thinks "You must have a true repentance first. Then you will believe yourself to be forgiven." Yes, we are all in need of repentance. Those who think they are not sick do not want a doctor. That is why there are so many self righteous people who strive and strive throughout all of their lives, but still never embrace the gospel words of forgiveness. They need to hear the law. Because they do not understand what they really need. But you, who know that you are a sinner and wish to find peace with God, you can believe the Gospel!

The gospel message is not for a few elite believers, or for those who are "devout". The gospel shows God's piety, love and care, that God is merciful to the unworthy. He is not interested in what you may think would be your right preparation or condition. He transforms you and makes you his own by His own work all in all. He absolve you from sin, for nothing, because Jesus kept the law, suffered and died in your place.

So do not think that God only wants you to meet a certain level of faith, and when you have complied with this measure of faith, then the gospel is for you. No, my friend, the gospel comes to you without first checking up whether you are worthy. No one is worthy. The gospel tells you about the salvation of God. It is God who proclaim to you that you are forgiven. No preparation that you could ever imagine could make you earn this. No, passive and unworthy you will receive what God gives you. Do not look at yourself or other people and be blinded by them! Behold the Son of God, who chose to go to the cross to reconcile yourself with God.

Think of how severely the Lord Jesus once rebuked his disciple Peter, and said to him, "Get thee behind me, Satan!" Why did He say that? Because Peter had said: "Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee." Jesus wanted to complete His work. He wanted to die for our sins. He wanted to take God's wrath, judgement and punishment on Himself. He wanted to give the world a perfect salvation. He knew that this must be done through the cross. Your Savior went to the cross with such an eagerness and willingness to save you that He was angry with the very person He Himself had appointed, but who stood in His way.

In Jesus' suffering on the cross God found the solution to that which made us enemies to Him, in Jesus' death on the cross all sins was punished and all sins (except for the sin against the Holy Ghost) was forgiven, in one single stroke. Therefore, Jesus first said: "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" - He experiences the punishment in His innermost - and then He says: "It is finished". "It is finished" - so that you can receive the glad tidings of faith.

Make sure that you are not blind to the many religious people and what they teach. You may take and keep your God given words of comfort. You may believe yourself to be reconciled to God. To believe this - and that there's no performance on your part, you are a passive recipient - that is to be born again. And in this truth you will live and die reconciled to God.

Have you repented once, but then sin again weighed you down and you will find no rest in God anymore? You may reconsider the gospel! The price is paid, sin forgiven - not just the sins that you in your conscience meant you come across, but also those who still may want to be there and frighten you. Salvation is completed! No sin was forgotten! Jesus did not die for nothing. He wants you to believe and accept what God gives freely and for nothing.

He does not want you just to believe the forgiveness for one day or one year in your youth, or at the start of your walk with God, because then you will live at the "mercy" of your own power and ability. God wants you to live by His grace every day and keep it for real. This is how good fruit will be produced in your life. Jesus taught His disciples to pray "Forgive us our debts" in the same prayer as we pray "Give us today our daily bread." Every day is this forgiveness valid for us! Each day you will confess your sin before God and believe in the forgiveness that you have through Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

zone

Jun 13, 2010
awwwww........
amen.
perfect timing.

thank you brother.
the Gospel is for Christians too!

love you
zone

B

Bloodwashed

"that you are reconciled to God because of Jesus' vicarious suffering on the cross."
Yes Sir tribesman!! That is The Gospel!--Mark--

cronjecj

Banned [Reason: ongoing "extreme error/heresy" Den
Sep 25, 2011
Galatians 1:11-12 (KJV)
But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

The gospel (salvation through Christ) is a gift of God, nothing of ourselves.

We must accept and rejoice in it, that's it folks..

:)

S

selenah

Turn from your own ways and believe the gospel, that you are reconciled to God because of Jesus' vicarious suffering on the cross.

You may think: "But not so fast and easy, there must surely be something God requires of me first? Would not God that I first become a good christian, that I become something entirely different than what I am now, that something really radical happens with me? Would not God that I only first have a true sorrow for my sin and have a true and living faith?".

The message of the gospel is not a message about what we do for God, but it is the message of what God has done for us.

The law does not require that you do your best, but that you keep all the commandments perfectly. If you do not keep the law, you are a law violator - how honest, sincere and zealous you would ever be in your quest! The law requires, as said, that you keep all of the commandments without exception perfectly - not that you try your best.

Jesus kept the law in your place, that's why He is a perfect High Priest, a worthy sacrifice to God, that's why the Bible teaches that we can be certain of our salvation. The words "work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" has God not said that you may be unsure of your salvation. These words are directed against the carnal man, the man who begins to rely on his own piety, his own ambition, his own ability. These words serve their purpose. But if you're wondering how to find peace with God and assurance of forgiveness, then you should listen to the gospel, not the law.

The gospel (or "good news") proclaims not merely a half salvation, not a salvation that makes you half-happy. It's really good news! It is the wonderful news: "You are redeemed. You are forgiven. God expects you not your sin, Jesus has paid for it."

The gospel message is not "Do this, so it is good for you". The gospel message is "This has God done for you." Sure, the Bible teaches in many places "do this" and "do not do this", but this is not the gospel message. This is the law (which would show on your sin).

Jesus was not sent to the world to condemn it, but to save it. Repent and believe the Gospel! The gospel says: "Jesus sacrificed himself for you. He took your place in punishment." You'll be redeemed. God redeemed His people. God sent His Son to a faithless and wicked world, so that through Him it might have life. By faith in this wonderful message you receive the free gift of God's forgiveness, mercy and salvation. By unbelief, which includes trusting your own works and piety rather than God's finished work, not submitting to the righteousness of God, you go out on it.

The gospel has nothing to do with your feelings or thoughts. The gospel message is God's word of mercy to you. The gospel is about Jesus and His deeds, not about your quest. Repent and believe the gospel!

When conscience condemn you and you think that God has turned away from you and are not happy with you - even then you shall believe the gospel! Conscience and feelings can become accustomed to an inaccurate image of the angry cruel god who does not want to give men something for free and for nothing, a God who takes charge, but the gospel shows that the senses and conscience are wrong.

You're thinking "But I have to regret it - I have to regret it properly first." Yes, we humans need to repent, but it is not God who thinks "You must have a true repentance first. Then you will believe yourself to be forgiven." Yes, we are all in need of repentance. Those who think they are not sick do not want a doctor. That is why there are so many self righteous people who strive and strive throughout all of their lives, but still never embrace the gospel words of forgiveness. They need to hear the law. Because they do not understand what they really need. But you, who know that you are a sinner and wish to find peace with God, you can believe the Gospel!

The gospel message is not for a few elite believers, or for those who are "devout". The gospel shows God's piety, love and care, that God is merciful to the unworthy. He is not interested in what you may think would be your right preparation or condition. He transforms you and makes you his own by His own work all in all. He absolve you from sin, for nothing, because Jesus kept the law, suffered and died in your place.

So do not think that God only wants you to meet a certain level of faith, and when you have complied with this measure of faith, then the gospel is for you. No, my friend, the gospel comes to you without first checking up whether you are worthy. No one is worthy. The gospel tells you about the salvation of God. It is God who proclaim to you that you are forgiven. No preparation that you could ever imagine could make you earn this. No, passive and unworthy you will receive what God gives you. Do not look at yourself or other people and be blinded by them! Behold the Son of God, who chose to go to the cross to reconcile yourself with God.

Think of how severely the Lord Jesus once rebuked his disciple Peter, and said to him, "Get thee behind me, Satan!" Why did He say that? Because Peter had said: "Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee." Jesus wanted to complete His work. He wanted to die for our sins. He wanted to take God's wrath, judgement and punishment on Himself. He wanted to give the world a perfect salvation. He knew that this must be done through the cross. Your Savior went to the cross with such an eagerness and willingness to save you that He was angry with the very person He Himself had appointed, but who stood in His way.

In Jesus' suffering on the cross God found the solution to that which made us enemies to Him, in Jesus' death on the cross all sins was punished and all sins (except for the sin against the Holy Ghost) was forgiven, in one single stroke. Therefore, Jesus first said: "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" - He experiences the punishment in His innermost - and then He says: "It is finished". "It is finished" - so that you can receive the glad tidings of faith.

Make sure that you are not blind to the many religious people and what they teach. You may take and keep your God given words of comfort. You may believe yourself to be reconciled to God. To believe this - and that there's no performance on your part, you are a passive recipient - that is to be born again. And in this truth you will live and die reconciled to God.

Have you repented once, but then sin again weighed you down and you will find no rest in God anymore? You may reconsider the gospel! The price is paid, sin forgiven - not just the sins that you in your conscience meant you come across, but also those who still may want to be there and frighten you. Salvation is completed! No sin was forgotten! Jesus did not die for nothing. He wants you to believe and accept what God gives freely and for nothing.

He does not want you just to believe the forgiveness for one day or one year in your youth, or at the start of your walk with God, because then you will live at the "mercy" of your own power and ability. God wants you to live by His grace every day and keep it for real. This is how good fruit will be produced in your life. Jesus taught His disciples to pray "Forgive us our debts" in the same prayer as we pray "Give us today our daily bread." Every day is this forgiveness valid for us! Each day you will confess your sin before God and believe in the forgiveness that you have through Jesus Christ.
I keep hearing that we don't earn salvation, but what about this verse........

Matthew 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Doesn't that say we have to earn salvation by forgiving others? :confused:

cronjecj

Sep 25, 2011

Matthew 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Hi selenah, no... forgiving others is the least we can do.

look at the parable of the unforgiving servant in Matthew 18:21-35.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011

No. Those who refuse to forgive others that they rightly should forgive have most likely never tasted God's forgiveness themselves, or are under the delusion that they need no forgiveness from God (either because they don't think that their sin is sin or that they have no sin).

Negatively there are a lot of things people can do that will hinder them to get saved and bind them up as unrepentant and in unbelief. But to the contrary, positively, there's nothing that they can do that would make them earn salvation.

Or, as old George Whitefield had it:

Man is nothing: he hath a free will to go to hell, but none to go to heaven, till God worketh in him to do of His good pleasure.

S

selenah

Hi selenah, no... forgiving others is the least we can do.

look at the parable of the unforgiving servant in Matthew 18:21-35.
Matthew 18:32-35 “Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33 Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ 34 In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. 35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”

If someone doesn't forgive others, does that mean God hands them over to satan "to be tortured"? :(

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Or, as old George Whitefield had it:

Man is nothing: he hath a free will to go to hell, but none to go to heaven, till God worketh in him to do of His good pleasure.
of a truth:)
free will to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic.

cronjecj

Sep 25, 2011
Matthew 18:32-35 “Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33 Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ 34 In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. 35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”

If someone doesn't forgive others, does that mean God hands them over to satan "to be tortured"? :(

No, satan has no right to anything (accuser)...it is God the Father (judge) that decides one's outcome but we have a mediator between us and God the Father, Jesus Christ (defender)

If you struggle to forgive selenah, the Holy Spirit in you will lead you into all truth :) If someone can forgive that is NOT Spirit filled, how much more can a person which is Spirit filled forgive his brother? 77x7 ...........x777777

John 16:13 (KJV)
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

i too get crossed with my dad because he almost never have patience with me but i do not stay angry very long....

God will give you gap to settle :) However try NOT to sin in your anger towards you mother. k?

Ephesians 4:26 (KJV)
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath.

Hope this helps a little..

Last edited:
S

selenah

No, satan has no right to anything (accuser)...it is God the Father (judge) that decides one's outcome but we have a mediator between us and God the Father, Jesus Christ (defender)

If you struggle to forgive selenah, the Holy Spirit in you will lead you into all truth :) If someone can forgive that is NOT Spirit filled, how much more can a person which is Spirit filled forgive his brother? 77x7 ...........x777777

John 16:13 (KJV)
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

i too get crossed with my dad because he almost never have patience with me but i do not stay angry very long....

God will give you gap to settle :) However try NOT to sin in your anger towards you mother. k?

Ephesians 4:26 (KJV)
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath.

Hope this helps a little..
Thanks

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Romans 5
Peace with God Through Faith
1Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, wea have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. 2Through him we have also obtained access by faithb into this grace in which we stand, and wec rejoiced in hope of the glory of God. 3More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

6For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. 7For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die— 8but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. 10For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life. 11More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
re: " Why not believe the gospel..."

Since beliefs cannot be consciously CHOSEN, what is a person to do?

A

Avidan

Tribesman,

The part that I have quoted here, concerning blaspheming the Holy Spirit, couldn't be further from the truth; and this deception is part of Satan's plan to keep people,
especially the youth, from coming to Jesus.

For all who read, read thoroughly, and I pray that you will be able to see and hear and be free, in Jesus Name.

(as I go on here, the
bold does not mean I'm yelling :) )

This sin does not apply to believers that abide in Christ.
There is no sin in Christ because Christ did not sin, but, became sin for us.

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new...
2Co 5:20 ...Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Read all of the Biblical text carefully concerning this sin.
It is unto men and the sons of men.

When a 'man' is
reborn, he becomes a new creation and dies to the old man (the old man which may have committed that sin is included).

None the less, in Christ, there is no sin and
His blood cleanses us from all unrighteousness.

Now, for those in Christ,
their dead bodies are quickened to life by the Holy Spirit who raised Christ from the dead.

In the last Day,
believers dead bodies will be raised and changed into spiritual bodies, or changed in the air if we are still physically alive. Our mortal bodies become new too.

Until then, we have to allow our old man to be crucified, by being alive in GOD's Word and dead to sin, dying daily.

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that
flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1Co 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
1Co 15:56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
1Co 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ

For everyone reading this, please pray earnestly for understanding as to what sin is.

Sin is anything not done in faith. If a man does not do what he believes is right, to him, it is sin.

The things in our lives that we see as sin
, are more specifically, the fruit of sin (the way that conceived sin is manifesting itself in the world).

When we are alive in Christ by abiding in Him and in His Word, declaring it (life and death are in the power of the tongue)
then 'the old man' is dies, thus we are dead to the law and to sin.

Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Because
, if the spirit that lusts to envy in the old man is dead (and the mortal body quickened to life by the Holy Spirit) then the Tempter (Satan) can not conceive sin in us because there is no connection; due to our hearts being circumcised from the spirit of the world by the Word of GOD.

If there is no connection then there can be no conception; sin can not be born and thus it can not bear fruit.

Jas 4:5
Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy? Jas 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Jas 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

This is why Jesus explains to us that we know a tree by it's fruit.

Now, to what I am going to say next, there is much more relation to be had... but, I will do the best I can to explain what I am able.. Please be patient with me and pray for us all to have further revelation.
I don't claim to be perfect in knowledge, but, I am running to be perfect in Love. So I will do my best for all who read:

When a seed conceives with the Earth, a tree is born.

Every tree is known by it's fruit.

Adam was made from the Earth. Eve was made from Adam. When Eve ate of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, it gives us a picture of the fruit (with the seed inside) mixing with the Earth and conceiving another tree of it's own kind.

Joh 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

The Tree of Life is then blocked off to keep Satan from inheriting GOD's Promise through man.

Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now,
lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Gen 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
Gen 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

...and...

Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars [angels] of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
Isa 14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

...and...

Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

...and..

Luk 6:40
The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

WE
(believers alive with works of faith by love) are the ones who are like GOD. We are joint-heirs with Christ.

From what I can see, is that Satan was trying to take our place, as Christ's bride and GOD's heir with Christ.

Rev 21:9 ...
Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Satan thought he won against GOD. Little did he know that GOD was just beginning.

Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise....

[H7779

שׁוּף
shûph
shoof
A primitive root; properly to gape,
that is, snap at; figuratively to
overwhelm: - break, bruise, cover.]

...thy head
, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Amen.

Faith works the same way when the
Seed (Word of GOD) mixes with belief, then faith (Christ) is conceived in a man.

Here's a way to look at it:

There is a seed that the Earth (man) is supposed to conceive a tree with, and a seed that it's not to conceive with. Each tree bears it's own fruit. One is born out of lust and temptation mixing, the other out of belief and the Word of GOD mixing.

Again... this is very important:

Faith bears it's own works (fruit) and sin bears it's own works (fruit).
We know a tree by it's fruit and as Christ is formed ...

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you...

...in a man
, Christ will bear abundant fruit unto life everlasting through and to the man.

There is a
rebirth into a new tree with new fruit, holy unto the LORD, a separation (circumcision of the heart), the new creature alive, the old man dead, the mortal body quickened by the Holy Spirit for the new creature to use as it's tent, or dwelling, in this realm.

If sin matures in a man, it will bear fruit unto death and corruption through and to the man.

If we know a tree by it's fruit, then it goes to say that
we need to keep a keen eye on the fruit we are bearing, thus able to examine our own faith. The fruit will tell us who we are serving... Satan, or Christ.

Corrupt fruit can be taken into the light though confession to brothers and sisters,
first claiming Christ's righteousness, which allows to understand that we are entreating our loving Father for cleansing by Christ's Blood. Claiming Christ's righteousness first will keep us from being to fearful of being reproved... again... because it allows to know whom we are entreating.

. Joh 3:14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness [a picture of Christ becoming sin], even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
Joh 3:15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh 3:16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Joh 3:18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh 3:19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Joh 3:20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Joh 3:21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

This is the essence of repenting. To do truth. What is truth? God's Word is truth. Jesus Christ is the Word of GOD, and He is the way, the
truth, and the life.

Joh 6:27
Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
Joh 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Joh 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Continued on the next post (sorry it's so much to read!!!)

A

Avidan

(Continued from the previous post)

Now...

Satan wants people to believe that blaspheming the Holy Spirit is not forgiven (cleansed / atoned /paid for) by the Blood of Christ.

There is no sin in Christ's Blood.

Those who claim His Blood and believe that they are righteous by Him do not sin and keep themselves from evil...

(It is a process though, of refining faith, going from faith to faith - learning obedience, going through trials and resiting temptations... (unto perfection in Love) ...in a Father to child relationship)

...1Jn 5:18
We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

But,
if Satan can get people to believe that they can not be cleansed and made into a new creature, then he has won the battle.

The reason why the sin of blaspheming the Holy Spirit is unforgivable unto
men is, because, the Holy Spirit is the seal to our inheritance in Christ. He is our Promise! Praise the LORD!!!!

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed,
ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession,unto the praise of his glory.

If a man blasphemes the Holy Spirit,
specifically thinking that the Holy Spirit is Satan, then He can not be saved...

if he
continues to believe this way,

not accepting Christ's righteousness in place of his own sin, never making the exchange that GOD has purchased; never making GOD's Word his (the man's) own identity and new nature as a completely new creature, dead to sin and alive to Christ.
This all comes down to the one, the ultimately, deadly sin....

.unbelief.

All sin is forgiven unto
men and the sons of men... but, not speaking against the Holy Spirit...

The LORD will have mercy on man,
outside of the Blood Covenant,...

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mat 5:44[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mat 5:45[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mat 5:46[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mat 5:47[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]than others?[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]do not even the publicans so?[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mat 5:48[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.[/FONT]

...He will show them mercy for everything, He allowed the blood of bulls and goats to cleanse their conscience (sanctifying the flesh, but not the spirit, not taking away sin of unbelief, not rebirthing in the Spirit, only a clean conscience).

But... for speaking against the Holy Spirit... they (men) will not be forgiven...

...they need to be
reborn in the Spirit, there is no hope for them without rebirth.

Man must obtain a righteousness that is perfect, they must die,
they must become new.

Notice this:

Mar 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but
is in danger of eternal damnation:
Mar 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Why are they in danger? Because, if a man sees someones hand grow out right in front of them, and they say it was by the power of Satan (when the LORD is witnessing to them by His Love) but, the man's heart is so hard that he would rather stand on his own righteousness by obeying the Law of Moses, not wanting the new wine, but, rather the old, then he is definitely in danger.

This refusal of GOD's love has become a habit so engrained in him that he can not see the truth, though he says he can see.

Man says, "That's not GOD! That's Satan." Therefore the
man is unable to believe and unable to obtain Christ's Righteousness, because, he doesn't think that the Holy Spirit is God and does not want what Christ has to offer, denying the only seal unto eternal salvation.

However... what we see here
is not what Satan is doing with this lie today.

Satan wants people to believe that the Blood of Christ can not save and make all things new.

Satan makes a 'law' out of it, twisting the truth...

....saying that,
"If you do 'this' then you go to hell and there is no hope for you, because, you can't be forgiven, not in this life or in the life to come. "

So he gets people,
especially kids, to hear this... and what happens to men when they know what to do is right?

They inevitably do what they shouldn't.

Who will save them from their retched body?

They are fallen into a very deadly trap, believing that Christ can not and will not save them, rather believing that He has not already saved them, if they would only repent and believe that He has.

Do you see that
all men that do not accept Jesus Christ as their right standing with GOD have blasphemed the Holy Spirit. They have done this by denying Christ, thus saying that their spirit (man's spirit – the spirit of the world – who is? Satan) is GOD, and that the Holy Spirit is either Satan or that He is not real... all of which are words spoken against him, whether in denial or in offense.

They have proclaimed that they can stand before the Judge on their own righteousness.

I have seen the LORD deliver people from this. Including myself. The Blood of Christ cleanses us from all unrighteousness.

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and
to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Jas 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up;
and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another,
and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

And to Satan, the LORD rebuke you. You can tell me I'm going to hell all that you want.... I tell you:

My righteousness is Christ. I will live and declare the works of the LORD. The rivers will not overflow me, the flames will not burn me, the LORD is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. No weapon formed against me shall prosper. The LORD upholds me by the right hand of HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS. He will perfect everything that concerns me.

How about you? :)

Who is going to save you from the damnation of Hell?

S

Seth

@rstrats

Wow. Every post I've seen to make to date contains so many scriptures that it pains me to read them all. XD

Good points presented about how blaspheming of the Holy Spirit could actually be a forgivable sin. But, to me, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Very informative though. Even though half of the scriptures were taken out of context, they flowed very well together. And from what I remember of the specific verses, they were aimed at accomplishing the same thing you were in your post. Good work. I wish I could dig up as much truth as you. :p