Why should I buy and NLT Bible?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Boanerges

I want to buy a bible. But there's a lot of versions. I want to buy a specific one but it is a NTL version. So advice me.

G

Gimzani

I would get the Modern King James. It's like the King James Version without all of the "Thous" and "Thee"s in it. It's translations are still not perfect - Hebrew and Greek are very different languages and do not mirror English very well, but it's a good one.

But try this online one:
www.blueletterbible.org

it's the best one I've found because it has multiple Bibles in one, a concordence right in the interface and you can view it with strong's numbers as well and go right to the source language. AWESOME!

Enjoy

P

princessbella

i like the message, but tend to use bible gateway on line to see the different translations

U

Ugly

NLT is awesome. Its what i have and is the one i've been using for years now. I would recommend it.

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
Well I agree with Gimzani. But it is important that whichever bible you choose to get you fully depend on the Holy Spirit to give you insight... The bible is diverse and has a lot written which can never be understood by mere men, but with the understanding and guidance from the Holy Spirit... You shall have great understanding of the bible. God bless you

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
You might like a parallel of King James and New Living, so you can cross reference between the 2