Why should we judge?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jochuhyulo

I happen to believe that we should not Judge Christian ministries that work in different domains. Couple of weeks ago I read a post that rejects apologetic ministries; I would like to read your opinions if it is right to judge!!!
I believe the truth of Gospel is accepted by different people in different ways.

1. Acceptance because of revelation (Spirit, soul)
2. Acceptance because of Reasoning (Mind, cognitive)
3. Acceptance because of experience (Existential)
4. Acceptance because of conviction (heart)

In my case, it was by conviction I accepted Gospel in the first place, then this truth was confirmed by experience and then comes revelation and now am reasoning it…

I believe Apostle Paul accepted the Truth in this order:
1. Acceptance because of revelation (Spirit, soul)
2. Acceptance because of conviction (heart)
3. Acceptance because of experience (Existential)
4. Acceptance because of Reasoning (Mind, cognitive)

Let us not judge nor be confine only in one approach…

Last edited:
A

AnandaHya

I think God can begin the process with any of those. however, people can not stop at just one but have all four to be mature in their faith in Christ and be fruitful. The order is not as important as the Holy Spirit who does all four in the life of a believer.

J

jochuhyulo

I think God can begin the process with any of those. however, people can not stop at just one but have all four to be mature in their faith in Christ and be fruitful. The order is not as important as the Holy Spirit who does all four in the life of a believer.
Agree with you...!

May 21, 2009
  1. Matthew 5:25
    Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are on the way traveling with him, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison.
    Matthew 5:24-26 (in Context) Matthew 5 (Whole Chapter)
  2. Matthew 7:1
    DO NOT judge and criticize and condemn others, so that you may not be judged and criticized and condemned yourselves.
    Matthew 7:1-3 (in Context) Matthew 7 (Whole Chapter)
  3. Matthew 7:2
    For just as you judge and criticize and condemn others, you will be judged and criticized and condemned, and in accordance with the measure you [use to] deal out to others, it will be dealt out again to you.
    Matthew 7:1-3 (in Context) Matthew 7 (Whole Chapter)
  4. Matthew 12:27
    And if I drive out the demons by [help of] Beelzebub, by whose [help] do your sons drive them out? For this reason they shall be your judges.
    Matthew 12:26-28 (in Context) Matthew 12 (Whole Chapter)
  5. Matthew 12:33
    Either make the tree sound (healthy and good), and its fruit sound (healthy and good), or make the tree rotten (diseased and bad), and its fruit rotten (diseased and bad); for the tree is known and recognized and judged by its fruit.
    Matthew 12:32-34 (in Context) Matthew 12 (Whole Chapter)
  6. Matthew 17:27
    However, in order not to give offense and cause them to stumble [that is, to cause them to judge unfavorably and unjustly] go down to the sea and throw in a hook. Take the first fish that comes up, and when you open its mouth you will find there a shekel. Take it and give it to them to pay the temple tax for Me and for yourself.
    Matthew 17:26-27 (in Context) Matthew 17 (Whole Chapter)
  7. Matthew 19:28
    Jesus said to them, Truly I say to you, in the new age [the Messianic rebirth of the world], when the Son of Man shall sit down on the throne of His glory, you who have [become My disciples, sided with My party and] followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones and judge the twelve tribes of Israel.
    Matthew 19:27-29 (in Context) Matthew 19 (Whole Chapter)
  8. Luke 6:37
    Judge not [neither pronouncing judgment nor subjecting to censure], and you will not be judged; do not condemn and pronounce guilty, and you will not be condemned and pronounced guilty; acquit and forgive and release (give up resentment, let it drop), and you will be acquitted and forgiven and released.
    Luke 6:36-38 (in Context) Luke 6 (Whole Chapter)
  9. Luke 11:19
    Now if I expel demons with the help of and by Beelzebub, with whose help and by whom do your sons drive them out? Therefore they shall be your judges.
    Luke 11:18-20 (in Context) Luke 11 (Whole Chapter)
  10. Luke 12:14
    But He told him, Man, who has appointed Me a judge or umpire and divider over you?
    Luke 12:13-15 (in Context) Luke 12 (Whole Chapter)