why?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

carey

Because our hearts are filled with every kind of wickedness

Sep 10, 2012
spot on...yes we are...we really are wicked...how many people realise this..we really are wicked sinners and God is very very angry with us..He is going to send us to the place of everlasting punishment if we do not turn to Him in love through Jesus and turn from our sins

Jun 24, 2010
Here I am again. I follow some of your responses as do others and if they say they do not then you can say they are not being honest. It's very interesting that you would say that about the heart. How do you guard and keep your heart so that these forms of wickedness will not proceed out from the heart? You see, I can ask a question or make a statement without judging you. You should be happy and thankful that God is so gracious to you by even having someone like me on this site rub you the wrong way. JaumeJ is a whole other story, a man in great need of the grace of God if only he could just except the truth that he is under grace and not the law.

Sep 10, 2012
Here I am again. I follow some of your responses as do others and if they say they do not then you can say they are not being honest. It's very interesting that you would say that about the heart. How do you guard and keep your heart so that these forms of wickedness will not proceed out from the heart? You see, I can ask a question or make a statement without judging you. You should be happy and thankful that God is so gracious to you by even having someone like me on this site rub you the wrong way. JaumeJ is a whole other story, a man in great need of the grace of God if only he could just except the truth that he is under grace and not the law.
I do think you are a blessing on this site even though I dont like the connotations of being Phariseeical..anyway, how do I guard my heart...I pray to God to do that for me through Jesus and I spend as much time as I can speaking to God and I have a daily bible reading...I examine my heart as often as possible and whenever my conscience is pricked I also examine it and bring to God anything weighing on my conscience and I turn to Him in love and turn from my sins..we listen to many great preachers and teachers as well as really bad ones so we can combat them later on

Jun 24, 2010
I do think you are a blessing on this site even though I dont like the connotations of being Phariseeical..anyway, how do I guard my heart...I pray to God to do that for me through Jesus and I spend as much time as I can speaking to God and I have a daily bible reading...I examine my heart as often as possible and whenever my conscience is pricked I also examine it and bring to God anything weighing on my conscience and I turn to Him in love and turn from my sins..we listen to many great preachers and teachers as well as really bad ones so we can combat them later on
You have blessed my heart with joy.

A

Ariel82

oh that's sweet they made up :) that makes me happy. <totally side comment, with no bearing on OP>

in response to the OP, humans don't pervert everything that is good if they have the Holy Spirit to guide them.

J

JessW

Either due to ignorance or rebellion. Thank God that we have accepted Him in our lives and if we should happen to make this mistake we would be forgiven by asking for forgiveness.

For all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God.

But we have a way out. Praise The Lord!

Sep 10, 2012
Either due to ignorance or rebellion. Thank God that we have accepted Him in our lives and if we should happen to make this mistake we would be forgiven by asking for forgiveness.

For all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God.

But we have a way out. Praise The Lord!
we need to plead for forgiveness and turn to God in love through Jesus and turn from our sins..hate our sins and forsake them

joshhuntnm

Aug 6, 2012
sin. Another question: why are people surprised by this? it is the human condition.

J

JessW

sin. Another question: why are people surprised by this? it is the human condition.
Yes. All sin. But we also have the choice of asking for forgiveness.

Good Sunday school topic!

Sep 10, 2012
Yes. All sin. But we also have the choice of asking for forgiveness.

Good Sunday school topic!
yes but we need to more than just ask for forgiveness...we need to plead for it and we need to turn to and submit to God in love through Jesus and turn from our sin..hate our sin and forsake our sin