Will all be saved?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me."
Yes, Christ has been lifted up from the earth, just like the brazen serpent on the pole, to remedy those who will come from the curse of sin and condemnation, and the drawing is in context of Titus 2:11-12, "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world". It is God’s work of grace that prepares sinners to come to Christ and faith in Christ is the only way to enter into His saving grace (Rom 5:2) whereby the soul is cleansed to the uttermost by the blood of Christ (Heb 9:14).
Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

The scripture makes it clear that few will find the way to eternal life:
"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it" (Matt 7:13-14). "For many are called [through the gospel], but few are chosen" (Matt 22:14).

So is John 12:32 a proof text for universal salvation? No. Rather it shows God’s grace through the Light (Christ), His offering to all indiscriminately, so that only those who believe in him may not perish but have eternal life.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
Satan is the part of you that you hate, it torments you, and you can't get rid of it on your own, though you wish wish wish you could.
God will remove it from you eventually.
With that logic, Jesus also had Satan in Him (an evil part of Him) when He was tempted in the wilderness. So how is it possible for Satan to be the evil part of people that they hate when Jesus was the sinless Lamb of God? Your assertions are absurd.

We all go through a lake of fire, an immersion in a witness of our wrongdoings.
We can willingly let Jesus baptize us in it now, or we will cast ourselves into it in despair once in the presence of God Himself, having all our wrongdoings displayed at once.
Baptism by fire does not refer to being cast into the lake of fire. Those are two different concepts. Jesus Christ baptises with the Holy Spirit and fire whereby one's conscience is cleansed from dead works to serve the Living and True God. It is only the unsaved that will be cast into the lake of fire to spend eternity while believers will spend eternity with God in heaven.

The bible doesn't say "forever", it says "beyond measure" and it doesn't say "torment", it says "testing"
You can look all this up if you require or dare, or simply take someones word for it, either way, it's the condition of the heart and desire to know God that reveals the truth.
Beyond measure? Testing? Really?

Let's see what the scripture says:
Revelation 20:10 - And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormentedday and night for ever and ever.
βασανίζω

to rub
βασανίζω to torture
KJV Usage: pain, toil, torment, toss, vex.

I don’t see “testing” there.

As for "forever and ever"...
G165
aión
an age, a cycle (of time), especially of the present age as contrasted with the future age, and of one of a series of ages stretching to infinity.

So it denotes perpetuity. In addition, the same phrase "forever and ever" is used to describe God's eternality (Psalms 45:6) so if we go by your logic that "forever and ever" does not mean infinity then God and His throne has an end.

Scripture provided? I submit the entire bible. But people have been taught to read it wrong, and that God is wicked, before they get a chance to notice the beauty of Him and His word.
God is also a righteous Judge who hates sin and all workers of iniquity. Why is it so hard for the universalists to grasp this attribute of His?
He isn't just a loving God but also a vengeful God. The scripture says that He is angry with the wicked every day.
"But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him" (Luke 12:5).

“For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.”
Keyword: "In Christ"
Those who do not belong to Christ will not partake in the resurrection to life, thus that verse applies to only believers.

“For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.”
Key phrase: "Specially of those that believe"

Jesus is the Saviour of the world in that He was sent to offer salvation to all, His saving blood is sufficient for all, however not all will be saved. It is only those who believe in His atoning work that will be saved thus His saving blood is efficient for them:
"As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep [believers]" (John 10:15), and "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church [believers], and gave himself for it; that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, that he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish" (Eph 5:25-27).

“The Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.”
“God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.”
Once again, He offered salvation to all (Titus 2:11-12) but not all will be saved. Also, notice that it did not say "will" but "might". "Will" denotes certainity while "might", uncertainity.

"If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof."
That does not even refer to salvation. The earth is indeed the Lord's in that He is the ruler and sustainer of all creatures however, this does not mean all creatures are/will be His. His own are those who believe in the Lord Jesus: "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name" (John 1:12).

You were taught that after you die, that's it, no more chance to repent.
But on the day of rest, the man with the withered hand needs to do no more than step forward and stretch out his hand.
Yes, scripture attests this: "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" (Heb 9:27).

You can't just cherry pick verses out of context for your pleasure. If you examine the whole counsel of God and harmonise scripture with scripture you will see that there is absolutely no scriptural evidence for universal salvation. It's just wishful thinking.

E

enoch1nine

Ezekiel 12

[SUP]5 [/SUP]Dig thou through the wall in their sight, and carry out thereby.

[SUP]8 [/SUP]And in the morning came the word of Salvation unto me, saying,

[SUP]9 [/SUP]Son of man, hath not the house of Israel, the rebellious house, said unto thee, "What doest thou?"

A

Anonimous

I just had a question and I was wondering if I could get some polite, well thought out answers.
I recently read Rob Bell's book called LOVE WINS. And it had some very insightful points but it
also said some things that seem to be contrary to what the Bible teaches, even from an academic
standpoint. Although he does not call himself a universalist, many of the things he said leaned
towards that viewpoint (which basically states that ALL people, Christian and non Christian, will be
saved. I know that one of the Bible's biggest things is restoration- that all will be restored to Jesus in
time. So I was wondering basically...will all be saved in the end? Is there a possibility that that is what the Bible preaches? Just a question.
If Mr. Bell seems to teach what is obviously contrary to God's word then someone must be in error. God's word is not in error then that leaves only one.

R

Reformedjason

All that Christ died for will be saved. His death on the cross was 100% successful. He died only for the elect so... All he died for will be saved.

M

MarkIA

It is said:

Luke 13:3

I tell you, Nay: but, except you repent, you shall all likewise perish.

Repent, have faith and you shall be saved !