Will we or won't we be judged?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

ramx2016

So we started a series yesterday called "at the cross" and out pastor said something that confused me (no way, I know)...

He said that God is the only Judge and that all WILL be judged on their actions on earth...saved or not.... I believe this... but then he said those who are saved will be "free from judgement" the slate will be washed clean.... that we will escape judgement... This is contradictory to what I understand from the NT... ??

A

U

Ugly

Christians will be judged at the Great White Throne, but not over their salvation, but their actions and heart on earth as Christians. Giving out the rewards and blessings we earned. If they are at the White Throne then they are saved.
Non-Christians will be judged over their salvation, or lack thereof.

So, while his wording may have been confusing, it is right. At least as far as i understand it.

E

eternally-gratefull

So we started a series yesterday called "at the cross" and out pastor said something that confused me (no way, I know)...

He said that God is the only Judge and that all WILL be judged on their actions on earth...saved or not.... I believe this... but then he said those who are saved will be "free from judgement" the slate will be washed clean.... that we will escape judgement... This is contradictory to what I understand from the NT... ??

A
there are two judgments.

The bema seat (where all christians whill be judged according to their own works, and rewarded)
the great white throne (where all non believers will be judged according to their wokrs, and found lacking, and doomed for eternity.

the confusion is the english langage and one word used to interpret two totally different greek words. (judement "BEMA" was a raised seat where athletes were judged, and given reward. Which throne "judgment") is a judicial term for a criminal comeing to a court of law to be tried for his crimes.

Jesus allready took the punishemt for the sin of the believer, so he will not be at the second tribunal.

R

ramx2016

Christians will be judged at the Great White Throne, but not over their salvation, but their actions and heart on earth as Christians. Giving out the rewards and blessings we earned. If they are at the White Throne then they are saved.
Non-Christians will be judged over their salvation, or lack thereof.

So, while his wording may have been confusing, it is right. At least as far as i understand it.
No, I do understand that ALL we have done will be brought to light... in my case this may take a few days.... but since we have eternity....:) What you said makes a lot of sense...

So in heaven (and YES I expect you to know this...lol) there will be different levels of those saved? As in, last will be first, first will be last and the middle .... idk... stays the middle I suppose... But Jesus clearly states that there is a difference between his saved children and his Angels... only some will be appointed I presume?

A

prove-all

May 16, 2014
Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged:
and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned:
forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

notuptome

May 17, 2013
The GWT is for the lost all who appear before the GWT are condemned.

Believers have their works tried before the Lord. Believers are judged by Jesus for what they have done since saved to receive reward or loss.

2Co 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

1 Cor 3:11 ¶ For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.
14 If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Sep 4, 2012

A
Believers are free from the judgment of GOD's wrath against sin because they are in Christ who has already been judged. But the worthiness of what they build upon that foundation will be judged after we are saved fully.

R

ramx2016

Believers are free from the judgment of GOD's wrath against sin because they are in Christ who has already been judged. But the worthiness of what they build upon that foundation will be judged after we are saved fully.
Thanks! Your responses really cleared it up for me... :)

R

ramx2016

there are two judgments.

The bema seat (where all christians whill be judged according to their own works, and rewarded)
the great white throne (where all non believers will be judged according to their wokrs, and found lacking, and doomed for eternity.

the confusion is the english langage and one word used to interpret two totally different greek words. (judement "BEMA" was a raised seat where athletes were judged, and given reward. Which throne "judgment") is a judicial term for a criminal comeing to a court of law to be tried for his crimes.

Jesus allready took the punishemt for the sin of the believer, so he will not be at the second tribunal.
Thank you..:)

EarsToHear

Jan 14, 2016
When Christ returns, some will be good to go. The rest will have to wait for 1,000 until the white throne judgement.

john832

May 31, 2013

A
Christ is the Judge...

Joh 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

And will judge all. The church is being judged right now...

1Pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Those who are called and chosen.

Those who are not yet called will be judged in the Great White Throne Judgment on the Last Great Day by their works...

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

gotime

Mar 3, 2011

A
Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth him that sent me, hath eternal life, and cometh not into judgment, but hath passed out of death into life.

Joh 3:17 For God sent not the Son into the world to judge the world; but that the world should be saved through him.
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not judged: he that believeth not hath been judged already, because he hath not believed on the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Those who believe in Jesus are not judged because Jesus was Judged in our place.

But the next verses talk of the investigation of our deeds:

Joh 3:19 And this is the judgment, that the light is come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil.
Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, and cometh not to the light, lest his works should be reproved.
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth the truth cometh to the light, that his works may be made manifest, that they have been wrought in God.

Notice that Gods people their deed s are "Wrought in God" They are the work of God and this is what the Judgment revealed that God kept his promise to sanctify us. Thus this aspect of Judgment is really on God not us. and when it is seen that God has kept His promise then He is justified as truly a God of Love rather than the lies Satan has spread about Him.

As it is written:

Rom 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be found true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy words, And mightest prevail when thou comest into judgment.

This is the Judgment of God For if our deeds are examined and our deeds are his then He is really the one being examined. Was God faithful to his promise or is he like Satan says. It will be seen that He is faithful.

So on salvation Gods people are not judged. Thus the Judgment is good news as we have already been Judged in Christ.

On works the Judgement is a vindication or evidence of Gods mercy and love towards undeserving sinners We are the clay He is the potter. We are his handy work, new Creatures in Christ. This is important because if God is not seen by all to be A fair God of Love then sin will rise again as the whole thing started when Satan painted God as a selfish dictator. The lies of Satan will be seen in the Judgment the character of God and his faithfulness will be manifest in His people who are saved by none other than the blood of the lamb. and are changed by none other than the Christ.

Blessings.

B

bikerchaz

Don't mean to be a pain, but what is the 'great white throne'?

Aug 15, 2009
2Co 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

We are judged by God all the time. When we're persecuted or treated wrongly, we take our need to God in prayer & He delivers & blesses the just & rewards the wicked for their sin. That is judgement.

Psalm 7:8 (KJV)
[SUP]8 [/SUP]The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me.
[HR][/HR]Psalm 9:19 (KJV)
[SUP]19 [/SUP]Arise, O LORD; let not man prevail: let the heathen be judged in thy sight.
[HR][/HR]Psalm 26:1 (KJV)
[SUP]1 [/SUP]Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide.
[HR][/HR]Psalm 35:24 (KJV)
[SUP]24 [/SUP]Judge me, O LORD my God, according to thy righteousness; and let them not rejoice over me.
[HR][/HR]Psalm 43:1 (KJV)
[SUP]1 [/SUP]Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man.
[HR][/HR]Psalm 54:1 (KJV)
[SUP]1 [/SUP]Save me, O God, by thy name, and judge me by thy strength.
[HR][/HR]Psalm 72:2 (KJV)
[SUP]2 [/SUP]He shall judge thy people with righteousness, and thy poor with judgment.
[HR][/HR]Psalm 72:4 (KJV)
[SUP]4 [/SUP]He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.
[HR][/HR]Psalm 75:7 (KJV)
[SUP]7 [/SUP]But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.
[HR][/HR]Ecclesiastes 3:17 (KJV)
[SUP]17 [/SUP]I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.
[HR][/HR]Lamentations 3:59 (KJV)
[SUP]59 [/SUP]O LORD, thou hast seen my wrong: judge thou my cause.

We the church will judge also:

1 Corinthians 5:3 (KJV)
[SUP]3 [/SUP]For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,

[HR][/HR]1 Corinthians 5:12 (KJV)
[SUP]12 [/SUP]For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

[HR][/HR]1 Corinthians 6:2 (KJV)
[SUP]2 [/SUP]Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

[HR][/HR]1 Corinthians 6:3 (KJV)
[SUP]3 [/SUP]Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

[HR][/HR]1 Corinthians 6:4 (KJV)
[SUP]4 [/SUP]If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.

[HR][/HR]1 Corinthians 6:5 (KJV)
[SUP]5 [/SUP]I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

[HR][/HR]1 Corinthians 11:31 (KJV)
[SUP]31 [/SUP]For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

[HR][/HR]1 Corinthians 14:24 (KJV)
[SUP]24 [/SUP]But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:

[HR][/HR]1 Corinthians 14:29 (KJV)
[SUP]29 [/SUP]Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

john832

May 31, 2013
Don't mean to be a pain, but what is the 'great white throne'?
No honest question is ever a pain...

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Dec 19, 2009

A
We are saved from our sins, but the Lord disciplines us for our sins, and the discipline can be quite harsh if we stubbornly persist in our sin.

Dec 12, 2013
WE MUST ALL APPEAR BEFORE THE JUDGEMENT SEAT OF CHRIST....two judgments...the saved before the judgment seat of Christ to be rewarded for our service or lack thereof....and Great White Throne for the lost...according to their works and guilty......

B

bikerchaz

No honest question is ever a pain...

Thank you. I could not find it in my concordance.
God bless.

Dec 15, 2015
It's not clear in OP,you ask about believers or non-believers? Of course, It's two different ways. We're going talk about God's Children.Let is take o look in Bible on this way.We shall be like Him, as we shall see Him as He is, KJV.1John3;2-3, 2. Beloved, now are we the Sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be; but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.3.And every man that hath this hope in Him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.; Another step for His Children in Haven, His Saints shall judge the World and evil angels. KJV.1Corinthians6;2-3, 2.Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the World? and if the World shall be judged by you, are ye unworhy to judge the smallest matters? 3.Know ye not that we shall judge angels?how much more things that pertain to this life? Pay attention, Please, How hight His level for His Children on this way.