Will you take a stand

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
So as I walked what I saw was shame.
Was it from demons or is Satan to blame?
I hear people say just live free.
And only you is who you should be.
You can be this and you can that.
Scream and yell is ok to act.
But if you say you love Christ you've gone against their rules.
That is why he's not found inside public schools.
He's not where there's people hes not in their crowd.
They don't want to listen they get mad and to proud.
Christ soon to come we must make a stand.
He left us instructions it's all in his plan.
Please people let's get out of our seats.
Let others hear us as we speak.
Let's help others so they may be saved.
On a different road not the one that is paved.
Please spread his words all across the land.
No matter how hard let's take a stand

I pray that we will take a stand for the lord. It seems today's society is ok with doing and saying whatever they want. Yet when it comes to the lord, no one wants to hear God's truth. I believe that Christ's walk to the cross is also the walk of a Christian. No matter what we may face we should be spreading gods word. Please help me to help others hear about Christ our lord and savior. Thank you for reading god bless

F

Forever_Saved

You're good at rhyming, aren't you? I'm impressed. Did you always write poems before?

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
A little. I was always good at rhyming. I have done a lot of sinful things in my past and using rhymes was one. But now I use them for the lord :) . But thank you I appreciate your compliment

F

Forever_Saved

Using rhymes as a sin? Like what rap songs? rap songs with bad words? Tell me :) well if you want to lol
Glad you use that gift for the Lord

F

Forever_Saved

I know you don't listen to these kind of music anymore, which I praise the Lord for. However, can I know what musical background you had? What kind of music did you used to listen to? Fav artist back then? :)
I remember when I came to Christ I asked my dad if I had to cut the circular music and he said I shouldn't worry that the Holy Spirit would work in me about that. And thats how it happened, I just gradually lost interest in listening to those songs...

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
Amen, that's how it happe to me....I just lost interest. I listened to it all. Rap was like biggy bone thugs Eminem dre 50 . Country was mostly 90s and back. I liked rock a little metal not much though. Oldies ,classics . I pretty much was a music junkie. Now I'm all about hymns. I love the old hymns, I could listen and sing them all day. Anything else I am really all set with. What about you? What was you music style?

F

Forever_Saved

Nice more or less like you actually, a lot of old school rap (nwa, onyx, biggie, etc), hip hop, rnb 90s, 2000... lol 80s rock as well, 80s pop, classic in general. Used to dance hip hop and compete in it so was always into music. My brothers also played instruments. We've always been a musical family :D
The thing about hymns is that most of them don't have beats, I need drums and bass, I mostly need to feel beats in a song haha So I would listen to hymns all day but once in a while of course and special occasions lol

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
I understand that. I love hymns because when I sing I can put my heart into it...most anyways, some are tricky to sing lol

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
I do understand the whole beat thing. I was always complimented on my dancing. There was something to having that beat and some rhythm. Now I wish I could slow dance, but people look at you strange when you slow dance with yourself hahaha

F

Forever_Saved

I do understand the whole beat thing. I was always complimented on my dancing. There was something to having that beat and some rhythm. Now I wish I could slow dance, but people look at you strange when you slow dance with yourself hahaha
hahaha I just pictured it in my head lol
Singing hymns with someone with a different tune than yours is fun though. I do love singing worship and I remember you asked me which one I put my heart into when I sing; this is one of them.

you might know it, if not, hope it ministers to your heart.

F

Forever_Saved

I ALWAYS listen to the live version, just wanted to share the lyrics, but omgosh so happy you like it as well! :love: I love singing it

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
When you hear the church piano start playing..... Hahaha