Winning the generation and other one fell swoop verbal buzz phrases..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1still_waters

Did you ever notice Christians use the word 'generation' a lot? Like, "We're going to win this generation!" Sometimes it feels like it's used, just to make us feel like we've achieved a great feat with one great verbal fell swoop of our lips. Yet instinctively we know the hard work is winning the one. Do we replace the hard work of winning the one, by our verbal one fell swoops?

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
Hmm... intriguing thoughts.

I am always worried about people who say strange things and in as you put it, 'one fell swoop' do some pretty spectacular things. Like the "Bind the Spirit of Indianapolis, Boston, New York and Libya" crowd.

As for the Generation thing, why should only the next generation be the one to receive God, What is wrong with the Old and infirm that are with us today. I think its kind of an unnecessary and immeasurable statement.

J

Jullianna

It always strikes me as odd that some in the church will speak about a younger generation being a "perverse generation" too, since we've had perverse generations since the time of Noah. Read about Isaiah's generation in Isaiah 57. :)

We are to live, encourage, love and minister in the "now". We aren't promised a tomorrow or a next generation.

There are a couple of ladies in my womens Weds. Bible study who are in their 80s, who are just now learning to rightly divide the scripture, who've been sitting on church pews all of their lives, learning little. They didn't even understand the gospels initially. They are so excited and have been sharing the Word with their families and friends, anyone who will listen!!!

Souls are won for the Kingdom one at a time through the sharing of the gospel and the wooing/enlightenment of the Holy Spirit. There have been mighty moves of God throughout history. I think there will be another, but why can't it be now??? The Holy Spirit has never let up on His work, so....it must be US standing in the way/slacking off...

Aug 2, 2009
According to Charlie Sheen, we are indeed "winning"!