Winter wonderland

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 8, 2019
Baby, is cold outside... The song keeps popping up in my head. It's the season for it, after all.

If I were a Buddhist, New-Ager og Antroposphical person, I would probably believe I was a bear in a past life, as I would love to hibernate until March. Or, as a like minded to those mentioned above said about disabled people:Look at that person, he must have done awful things in a past life to become like that.

Praise God I am not either of the ones mentioned above. I am merely a Christian. Trying to cope, trying to follow Christ, falling, repenting and getting up again.

In the media here there has come a new topic up, following the discourse on "conversion therapy" followed by legislation in many of the progressive European countries. The topic is about praying for people with infirmities or disabilities. That this should be abolished as well. Praying for the sick should therefore be punishable by law. Why? Because it is hateful to the person with an "impaired identity (or body, if you like).

Is it hateful to pray for deliverance from evil and sin? Isn't that what we are supposed to?

But, I get it, it is painful not to be healed. It is painful when God is not a vending machine that delivers on demand the chocolate of our liking. But God is so much more than a machine acting to our liking. But does that mean we shouldn't pray?

Be persistent when praying. Also for healing. And have hope and expectations. And when writing this, I am adding one more thing to my list of prayers. Praying that our well-meaning State will not fall for the temptation to legislate against praying for people in need.

These are my thoughts for this Sunday evening, as I snuggle up under my duvet wishing for a warmer climate (did someone say climate change?).

God bless y'all.