Winterage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

StarGazer_ArkAngel

WINTER IS THE BEST OF THE SEASONS!!!!!!!!!! not just because you get presents.... SKIING ROCKS DUDE!!!!!

M

maximumrideaddict

Winter is aweful. It's so cold ALL THE TIME! I'm a summer girl, not a winter girl. And we have to go to school when it snows... Ugh! Not fun. I can't play tennis in the snow, either. I say summer's the best. ^-^

W

Will00

Anyone get a lot of snow this week? We got a fair amount here...classes were cancelled for two days. Was pretty cool!

M

maximumrideaddict

We had Wednesday off for snow and a delay on Thursday.. I do love snowdays. That's about all I like in winter though ^-^

Flannery

Mar 20, 2023
I always find that I need more money in the winter for travel and provisions than I do in the summer.

timemeddler

Jul 13, 2023
used to like it, I'd go walking when it was well below freezing and occasionally ski. Now my treasonous body hates it.

HoneyBee

Jun 6, 2023
In order to enjoy snow and cold weather you have to get interactive with it: activities like skiing, skating, tobogganing, King of the Hill, ice fishing, dog-sledding, build a snowman, or get together with friends and build a couple of snow forts and enjoy a snowball fight. The only limit is your imagination. Then cozy up next to the fireplace with a hot chocolate and a special friend. There is a lot of fun to be had in the snow. :)

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
In order to enjoy snow and cold weather you have to get interactive with it: activities like skiing, skating, tobogganing, King of the Hill, ice fishing, dog-sledding, build a snowman, or get together with friends and build a couple of snow forts and enjoy a snowball fight. The only limit is your imagination. Then cozy up next to the fireplace with a hot chocolate and a special friend. There is a lot of fun to be had in the snow. :)
We're supposed to get some this weekend Honey Bee. 1-6 " in my state. More at the ski slopes and higher elevations.
Is it supposed to snow where you are at?

HoneyBee

Jun 6, 2023
Actually we have had a strangely mild winter, but weatherman apparently says we are going to get hit hard after which we will then have 6-8 inches all at once. Unfortunately it will be accompanied by winds of 40-60 mph. This is one time I hope he is wrong. I love snow and I am very cold hearty but not a blizzard of that magnitude. Cold is not that bad but winds at that speed makes the wind chill very dangerous.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Actually we have had a strangely mild winter, but weatherman apparently says we are going to get hit hard after which we will then have 6-8 inches all at once. Unfortunately it will be accompanied by winds of 40-60 mph. This is one time I hope he is wrong. I love snow and I am very cold hearty but not a blizzard of that magnitude. Cold is not that bad but winds at that speed makes the wind chill very dangerous.
I know what you mean. Same here Honey Bee. I was just thanking the Lord this morning for keeping it warmer in my area. It's been in the 30s but all that we got was hard rain over the weekend. If it was ice and snow, the power lines would be breaking and thick ice on the road and my trees.

HoneyBee

Jun 6, 2023
The trees here are all sagging from the weight of the snow they are holding. I think that actually helps the trees by taking out all of the dead branches. It is beautiful though... and the snow keeps coming. :LOL:

Kyleses

Jan 23, 2023
I am personally not a big fan of it...but I know some people who really dig it. The coldness, the snowness...they are so strange. How do you like it?
I'm not a fan of it. I get cold easy, it's not fun working out in it, also makes oitside jobs take longer, causes problems. Warm weather all the way! I live in the wrong state