Wisdom and control

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rapturechris

Active member
Nov 28, 2018
82
142
33
I have a friend I have been helping lately.

He is from Iran and has just returned to Australia after being away for 10 years supporting his elderly father.

He has to use the homeless community support service centres that help homeless people with free food, showers and clothing...
He has type 2 diabetes and a lot of his income goes towards paying for medical care. He goes to a place in the morning for showers and another homeless women who hangs out with the really rough people has befriended him.

I’ve been working with him trying to keep him safe and away from trouble and pour wisdom into him but I can’t always be there making sure he is ok.

I warned him to stay away from her but he might not.
I’m not anyone’s judge or do I try to control people. Those days are long gone however if he gets himself into trouble I won’t be able to help him.

The best we can do is pour wisdom into those we care about and love and show examples of how to live and what to do with our lives and pray.

We have to give them the best possible chance of being protected from the devil and wickedness of the world.
The temptations of our sinful nature and the devil are strong. Sometimes overwhelming and we or our friends and family succumb to it.
So how hard must it be for those not in Christ firmly planted in his wisdom and understanding.

We must be careful not to try to control people like they are robots. Even those we are married to or in a relationship with.
There are many ways to control people with words and deeds.

Jesus gave me complete freedom and after all these years I now use it to glorify him even though I used to use it for evil.
Allowing others to be free may cost you everything however if God wills they will eventually use that freedom to glorify him with their lives with or without you.

Let go and let God. Chris Dobson
Blessings.
 

Attachments

  • 50609773_2253185168334035_3445367634650988544_o.jpg
    50609773_2253185168334035_3445367634650988544_o.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1