Wisdom Is The Principal Thing; Therefore Get Wisdom: And With Thy Getting Get Understanding

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Walter

Jul 20, 2022
Washington
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Sunday 12-4-22 1st. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Kislev 9, 5783 74th. Fall Day

Father Says Get Wisdom

1 Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding.

2 For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.

3 For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother.

4 He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.

5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.

6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.

7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

8 Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.

9 She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.

10 Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of thy life shall be many.

11 I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.

12 When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitened; and when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble.

13 Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.

Avoid The Wicked

14 Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men.

15 Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.

16 For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall.

17 For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence.

18 But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

19 The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.

20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.

21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.

22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

Keep Your Heart

23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

24 Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.

25 Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee.

26 Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.

27 Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.

In All Your Getting, Get Understanding | Daniel Fast

Love, Walter and Debbie

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018

Father Says Get Wisdom

1 Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding.

4 He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.

5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.

6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.

7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

8 Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.

9 She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.

10 Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of thy life shall be many.

12 When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitened; and when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble.

13 Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.

Avoid The Wicked

16 For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall.

18 But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

Keep Your Heart

25 Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee.

Love, Walter and Debbie

These commandments are directed only to God's children, not to all mankind.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

Father Says Get Wisdom

Avoid The Wicked

Keep Your Heart

Love, Walter and Debbie
a when I first noticed that , this revelation changed alot for me in life

“But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1:4-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
These commandments are directed only to God's children, not to all mankind.
“And he said, The LORD came from Sinai, And rose up from Seir unto them; He shined forth from mount Paran, And he came with ten thousands of saints: From his right hand went a fiery law for them.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭33:2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ,

the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham ( not to Moses 430 years later but beforehand to Abraham ) by promise.

Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:16-20, 23-24‬

Hundreds of years after Moses law from Sinai was given and broken by those he gave it to

Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed ( future ) from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭51:4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So you have

“The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭24:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and then a promise for the new

“Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭55:3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭

fulfilling this based not on Moses law but the promise of Abraham’s true seed Jesus Christ

“Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

but this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law ( not Moses law but Christs ) in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; ( repent and believe the gospel is how it gets there ) and will be their God, and they shall be ( future ) my people.

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31:31-34‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:45‬ ‭

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
My view
This is an important piece of scripture here ------Wisdom and Understanding work together in our knowledge and grasping God and His Word --Wisdom discovers ----understanding possesses ---

Wisdom points out the thing required ----understanding sees to the accomplishment and attainment ---

So we need to get Wisdom first as we need to discover the need and then with our understanding we can see how to accomplish the need ----

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
My view
This is an important piece of scripture here ------Wisdom and Understanding work together in our knowledge and grasping God and His Word --Wisdom discovers ----understanding possesses ---

Wisdom points out the thing required ----understanding sees to the accomplishment and attainment ---

So we need to get Wisdom first as we need to discover the need and then with our understanding we can see how to accomplish the need ----
“but unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭1:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭1:30‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:19-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“that their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; in whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭2:2-3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

wisdom gives life

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

found where Jesus is speaking ot forth in the everlasting gospel

“Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:35‬ ‭KJV‬‬

being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. ….But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭1:23, 25‬ ‭KJV‬‬

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
“And he said, The LORD came from Sinai, And rose up from Seir unto them; He shined forth from mount Paran, And he came with ten thousands of saints: From his right hand went a fiery law for them.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭33:2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ,

the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham ( not to Moses 430 years later but beforehand to Abraham ) by promise.

Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:16-20, 23-24‬

Hundreds of years after Moses law from Sinai was given and broken by those he gave it to

Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed ( future ) from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭51:4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So you have

“The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭24:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and then a promise for the new

“Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭55:3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭

fulfilling this based not on Moses law but the promise of Abraham’s true seed Jesus Christ

“Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

but this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law ( not Moses law but Christs ) in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; ( repent and believe the gospel is how it gets there ) and will be their God, and they shall be ( future ) my people.

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31:31-34‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:45‬ ‭

these scriptures, also, are only directed to the children of God, and not to the natural man.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
My view

Our wisdom and understanding of spiritual things are given by the revelation of the Holy Spirit to those that have been born again, and have the Holy Spirit dwelling within them.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
“but unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭1:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭1:30‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:19-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“that their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; in whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭2:2-3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

wisdom gives life

‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

found where Jesus is speaking ot forth in the everlasting gospel

“Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:35‬ ‭KJV‬‬

being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. ….But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭1:23, 25‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It is wonderful, how God gives his born again children instructions on how they should live their lives as they sojourn here on earth.