With All Your Heart

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 30, 2013
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart (Jer. 29:13, NIV). What has been your own experience with this promise? What does with all your heart mean?

The Lord knows the beginning from the end. Even while people in Jerusalem were still fighting the Babylonians, still hoping that the words of the false prophets were true, the Lord was using Jeremiah to speak to the future, to speak to those who were already in Babylon and to those who would eventually be there. And what words he spoke!

Read Jeremiah 29:1-14. How is the love and mercy of God revealed in these texts?

Here was a true message of grace, unlike the false message of grace that the people had heard from the prophets who told them that their exile would be over in short order, even just two years. That was not God's plan, and it was not going to happen. Instead, based on the clear teachings of Moses, they had to accept that this was their fate, at least for now; but just as Moses had said, if they repented, they would be restored to the land.
Read Deuteronomy 30:1-4. How do these texts reflect what Jeremiah said to the people? (See also Deut. 4:29.)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart (Jer. 29:13, NIV). What has been your own experience with this promise? What does with all your heart mean?
It has certainly been true for me :) It does seem an important endeavour to find out whether or not there is a God Who created all and gave us life. To experience His love and forgiveness through His Son, Jesus Christ, is a profoundly life changing experience. I sought for years because although I knew there was more to life than meets the eye, I did not want to believe that the God that is, is the God of the Bible. Still, He never gave up on me! :)

With all your heart (to me) means with diligence. Have not been seeking God with all my heart as should be, but God for some reason has been blessing me and things have been falling into place in my life like never before. Am not deserving of any of it as I turned away from God and church 32 years ago, just recently coming back and giving my life over to Christ (having made a total mess of it myself). Even after all of God's blessings, mercy, grace, love, forgiveness of sins...still find myself putting other things before Him.

Jigsaw puzzles are a favorite of mine, and while putting them together often find myself digging through the pieces and searching tirelessly for a certain piece. While looking for one a few weeks ago, it dawned on me that if I put the effort into seeking God and studying The Bible as diligently and intently as the effort put into searching for that one piece...wow! Realization hit me hard, as did momentary guilt. The realization was that what I was spending so much time searching and digging for was keeping me from searching and digging into God's Word...seeking Him with all my heart.