Within the veil Part 7

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
We have a Master, Who is also our Friend, and who is also our God. He has taken on the task of being the reconciliation for us with His Father. He wants us to know His Father even as He knows Him. He wants us to be drawn into the presence of God, to know Him and be known by Him. But why?

Jesus knows that one thing will cause the whole world to know that He has come as Christ. And this one thing is that we have love for each other. When He charged us with His new commandment, He also promised that the world would know that we are His disciples, if we have love one for another.

This love comes only from God.

We are perfected in this love only by drawing near to God.

As we come into His presence, we can see ourselves in His light. Light dispells darkness, but it does so much more. Light reveals the things hidden, that darkness obscures. If there is evil in our hearts, it can only remain hidden by darkness, and the light of God will reveal it. And if we have evil in our hearts, we are unable to expunge it until it is revealed.

This is a very important reason why we should draw into His presence, as often as we can. The other reason is that in His presence we are changed to be like Him, in His presence. A factual change, from the inside. A change in our hearts, which happens as we behold Him with our spiritual eyes.

God is looking for us to become one with Him. But we know that in Him there is no darkness, not any at all. But what about us? Is there any darkness in us. I know that there is in me. And yet I seek to draw near to Him, to fall down before Him and have His light examine me and reveal all that is in me. Lies, deceptions, darkness, all of these only have power as long as they remain hidden. When they are revealed, they loose their power, and are vanquished.

There are many ways that people have tried to become Holy. Many things and many ways. But only by close and intimate contact with God can we be changed. Look at the lives of the saints, and see how as they walked with God, they took on His character, the more that they walked with Him.

And we are called to abide in Jesus.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
We have a Master, Who is also our Friend, and who is also our God. He has taken on the task of being the reconciliation for us with His Father. He wants us to know His Father even as He knows Him. He wants us to be drawn into the presence of God, to know Him and be known by Him. But why?

Jesus knows that one thing will cause the whole world to know that He has come as Christ. And this one thing is that we have love for each other. When He charged us with His new commandment, He also promised that the world would know that we are His disciples, if we have love one for another.

This love comes only from God.

We are perfected in this love only by drawing near to God.

As we come into His presence, we can see ourselves in His light. Light dispells darkness, but it does so much more. Light reveals the things hidden, that darkness obscures. If there is evil in our hearts, it can only remain hidden by darkness, and the light of God will reveal it. And if we have evil in our hearts, we are unable to expunge it until it is revealed.

This is a very important reason why we should draw into His presence, as often as we can. The other reason is that in His presence we are changed to be like Him, in His presence. A factual change, from the inside. A change in our hearts, which happens as we behold Him with our spiritual eyes.

God is looking for us to become one with Him. But we know that in Him there is no darkness, not any at all. But what about us? Is there any darkness in us. I know that there is in me. And yet I seek to draw near to Him, to fall down before Him and have His light examine me and reveal all that is in me. Lies, deceptions, darkness, all of these only have power as long as they remain hidden. When they are revealed, they loose their power, and are vanquished.

There are many ways that people have tried to become Holy. Many things and many ways. But only by close and intimate contact with God can we be changed. Look at the lives of the saints, and see how as they walked with God, they took on His character, the more that they walked with Him.

And we are called to abide in Jesus.
now you're giving the Church messages about GOD'S LOVE??

Anyone who has the gift of prophecy, or has been called as a prophet, will understand when I say that I did not want to make this post. But the voice of the Lord is not insistent, but rather quietly leading one to do as He wishes. I have from the Lord that I am not to answer critical words any more. So, in obedience to Him, hear these words or not.

In Christ

The testing has started. The dross will be removed from the gold and silver. Those who will not come to Me will not get many more chances. Those who lie about Me will grow even harder in their hearts. Those who do not love Me will go astray, and stumble, and fall. And My servants will prevail, just as I prevailed.

I set a choice before you, with a question. Do you love Me? Will you follow Me? Will you become My servants? Or will you continue to love the knowledge of Me? Will you still follow what you believe? Will you still serve yourself and your pride? Will you live in Me?

Not all that you believe is from Me. And not all that you do is pleasing in My sight. And not all that you say or think is of faith. But My servants will not be so in the days to come. Everything they believe will be from Me, and they will speak My words, and they will do the things that are pleasing in My sight. And I will love them.

I hate your assemblies. I loath your offerings. I despise your service. Your prayers I do not hear, because they are for your own lusts. Your hands are dirty, and your lips have become numb. Your ears do not hear, nor do your eyes see.

Who among you has a soft heart? Who is seeking truth in My Father's presence? Who has lost themselves for Me and to Me? Who has lost every other love, to know My love? Who has become My servant?

I am coming quickly. I am coming with a sword. I am coming to make war, to make an end, a complete ending of all the lies. I am coming to reward My servants, and to gather those who love My appearing. Will you be ashamed at My appearing, or will you have great joy? Either way, I am coming quickly.

L

Lad

I would add that without the baptism in holy Spirit a person cant become completely holy. As it is the Spirit that brings purity and sanctification and we in and of ourselves in our flesh cannot attain complete holiness without it, we truly need EVERY resource available to us from heaven. We need the Spirit IN us not just with us.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
I would add that without the baptism in holy Spirit a person cant become completely holy. As it is the Spirit that brings purity and sanctification and we in and of ourselves in our flesh cannot attain complete holiness without it, we truly need EVERY resource available to us from heaven. We need the Spirit IN us not just with us.
careful Laddie.
the Spirit is ALREADY in you.
compare that "second baptism, or second work of grace" idea with what scripture actually says.
watch out for desiring "experiences".

The holiness movement refers to a set of beliefs and practices emerging from the Methodist Christian church in the mid 19th century.

The movement is distinguished by its emphasis on John Wesley's doctrine of "Christian perfection" - the belief that it is possible to live free of voluntary sin - and particularly by the belief that this may be accomplished instantaneously through a second work of grace.

Beliefs
The holiness movement seeks to promote a Christianity that is personal, practical, life-changing, and thoroughly revivalistic. The key beliefs of the holiness movement are (1) regeneration by grace through faith, with the assurance of salvation by the witness of the Holy Spirit; (2) entire sanctification as a second definite work of grace, received by faith, through grace, and accomplished by the baptism and power of the Holy Spirit, by which one is enabled to live a holy life.

In the context of the holiness movement, the first work of grace is salvation from sin, and without it no amount of human effort can achieve holiness. People are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ who made atonement for human sins.

The second work of grace refers to a personal experience subsequent to regeneration, in which the believer is cleansed from the carnal nature, and is empowered by the Holy Spirit to lead a holy life. Most teach that it is still possible for the sanctified to sin, and one grows in grace after this second spiritual experience and should strive for perfection.
Holiness movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
now you're giving the Church messages about GOD'S LOVE??
Yes, I am and have already.

You do not have to read them if they offend.

And the word I posted which has you so upset against me, I still stand behind it. It is from the Spirit. I cannot help that you have taken offense with it.

In Christ,