Without Ceasing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

von1

Apr 22, 2010
I should spend more time with Lord praying than what i do. As i was reading this very short and powerful verse. I realized that i use my time and energy for doing other things without ceasing. I should be doing the same for God.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 17 Pray without ceasing.

J

jkalyna

LIFE IS SOMETIMES LIKE A BOWLING ALLEY. YOU DON'T KNOW WHICH PINS ARE GOING TO FALL FIRST. THE DAY SOMETIMES IS LIKE THAT, A PROBLEM HERE A THING THERE, THAT NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED BY PRAYER, AND PEACE OF MIND TO BE ACHIEVED. { BRING OUR PRAYERS BEFORE THE LORD, AND THE PEACE OF GOD WILL GUARD YOUR HEART, AND MIND. THE BEST WAY TO DO THIS IS MAKE AN APPT. WITH THE LORD. AS MANY TIMES AND AS OFTEN AS YOU NEED. EACH AND EVERY DAY.

Jul 12, 2012
I should spend more time with Lord praying than what i do. As i was reading this very short and powerful verse. I realized that i use my time and energy for doing other things without ceasing. I should be doing the same for God.

Just put God on your mind from the moment you wake up till the moment you go to sleep. You can function perfectly in everything else you do without loss of concentration. All you have to do is assume that while you are typing away on that essay, He's sitting there watching cause a genuinely perfect father would want to understand every thing about your day. "Pray without ceasing." You don't have to demark the start and end of a prayer with certain words or rituals. Just start thinking about God walking along constantly and it will do wonders for you. Not only are you safe from "losing your concentration", you now have awesome advice right beside you, already having seen the situation and the outcome. And you can feel Him say "if it were me, I'd..."

And Enoch walked with God, and God took him. :)

A

Ariel82

Amen and Amen :)

Dec 5, 2012
This is indeed a very powerful teaching verse.

I had came across this some time back and researched it as much as I could. Trough my research I came to an understanding. Begin by setting time to pray for maybe 30 minutes. do this twice a day. when you feel comfortable that you can pray more, example a week or so, take it to an hour twice a day. keep doing this and increasing time and prayer. You will eventually will get to a point in which you will be praying at all times no matter what you are doing, even in your sleep. If you try to go all out you can get both overwhelmed and frustrated. To have patience is very helpful.

It is hard, for me it is still a work in process. It is not an overnight thing to do.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
It was when Jesus brught me to do prayer requests, that the fullness and blessings of prayer being God's glory was revieled.
Praying with out ceasing , is one of my fave scriptures now. :)
I am always amazed at how Jesus, brings His presance into every place in our life.
When waking, pray, asking God for all His streangth, help , love for the day with praise.
As the day continues, just talking to Jesus, what should I do, help me not to get frustrated or angry with the way my family leaves the bathrooms in a mess each day. :)
Going to the store, praying for a safe trip and protection for home, and keep me on task.
As the day passes, when a person or need comes to mind, pray for them.
Pray over all meals with praise and thanksgiving.
In Bible study, for God's guidence, when going to sleep, thanking and setting all before God in Jesus's name, with praise and thanksgiving.
Praising God even in ones sleep.
One's dreams being filled with prayer.
Praying with out ceasing is not just a request, but trully God's gift, just start doing this, and God brings the rest to His glory and praise.
Because true prayer, is praise, by praising in all cirrcomstances, one is praying.
Just give glory to God always, praising always.
in this, one is praying unceasingly!
All is your glory,your work, your gift, your praise God Our Father!

God bless
pickles