Wolves

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jaybird88

Really? Dont you mean a bad example...? But then what strange doctrines was he propgating and where did he get his ideas from..?
i meant a good example of the point i was making, not good example as in follow him.

If you heed what Jesus said you cant go wrong. Many people may be experts on scripture but then really no idea who Jesus is. Strange isnt it, the one person who is the name above all names and yet they ignore Him and exalt themselves
of course you cant go wrong if you follow Jesus, so look at the persons actions and see if they are actually doing that, dont listen to their words because they all say they are following Jesus, thats exactly what Jim Jones did.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
i meant a good example of the point i was making, not good example as in follow him.

of course you cant go wrong if you follow Jesus, so look at the persons actions and see if they are actually doing that, dont listen to their words because they all say they are following Jesus, thats exactly what Jim Jones did.
Yea actions need to match their words, i.e practise what they preach. If they arent practicising, then they shouldnt be preaching. I've heard people SAY they care, but then don't actually lift a finger to do anything.
How is that caring?
Many people SAy they are humble, but if you were really humble you wouldnt even be declaring this and hogging the pulpit would you. And you wouldnt be making jokes about how good looking you are, which I've heard some ministers do.

Also I have never ever seen a pastor or minister get down on their knees and pray they are always standing up in front of everyone praying long prayers and not letting anyone else get a word in.

Jul 17, 2019
If you are referring to the wolves, they believe that grace is a license to sin. See 2 Peter 2.
It's unfortunate that one bad apple can spoil a whole barrel of good apples, but who are we to determine if someone is a wolf or sheep.

Jeremiah 17:9 - the human heart is desperately wicked and deceitful above all things
we have a hard time discerning ourselves let alone others whom we may interact with and God says "do not judge by mere appearance, but make the right judgment" (at the heart of others that we can never see)

So, who among us are qualified to judge others? we are not qualified, let God be the judge

Share us a standard, is it the doctrine they believe in?

If we can never tell, then let God be the judge
As far as you know, the wheat and the chaff look so similar, we won't be able to tell the two apart

For now, let's give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and love others while guarding one's heart against falsehood.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
It's unfortunate that one bad apple can spoil a whole barrel of good apples, but who are we to determine if someone is a wolf or sheep.

Jeremiah 17:9 - the human heart is desperately wicked and deceitful above all things
we have a hard time discerning ourselves let alone others whom we may interact with and God says "do not judge by mere appearance, but make the right judgment" (at the heart of others that we can never see)

So, who among us are qualified to judge others? we are not qualified, let God be the judge

Share us a standard, is it the doctrine they believe in?

If we can never tell, then let God be the judge
As far as you know, the wheat and the chaff look so similar, we won't be able to tell the two apart

For now, let's give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and love others while guarding one's heart against falsehood.
God gives spiritual discernemnt so we can judge i.e not keep company with them. This is why Jude and John wrote those letters warning about false teachers, to protect the sheep. He didnt say we could destroy them but to contend for the faith. God will deal with them. He also said some have compassion and some pull out of the fire.
John wrote dont even receive anyof these wolves..deceivers and antichrists into our homes. So if they knock on your door dont even let them in.

There a phrase called keeping the wolf from the door.
Peter wrote about not being led away by the errors of the wicked, in the end they will destroy themselves.

So as for people that think grace is a licence to sin, well they are going to bring about their own destruction. We believers wont go there cos we are looking forward to the new heaven and earth were dwells righteousness. Which takes patience.

Dont follow their pernicious ways.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Whether we like it or not, we must try to discern between the wolves and the sheep. That responsibility was given primarily to the elders of the churches, but too many are failing to warn their flocks about the wolves who are on a rampage.

In the spiritual context, spiritual wolves are there to destroy faith and to destroy Bible truth. They do this with their false teachings. Therefore it is imperative that Christians know and understand Bible truth and Gospel truth with the help of the Holy Spirit. Which also means a diligent and careful study of the Word of God.