Women--Changes in Weight/Mood

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

PrayinginPa

Hello. I'm new to Christian Chat. I've been happily married for 16 years, I'm the mom of 2 super adopted boys (ages 4 & 9) and I'll be 39 yrs old in September.
I have always been thankful that I've never seemed to have bad PMS symptoms. People would say "it must be my time of month b/c I'm cranky", etc. Lucky for me, I never had to deal with that. Lately, however, that isn't the case. Over the past several months, I notice that I become extremely irritable about a week prior to menstruation. It is NOT fun at all. I feel bad for my children and my husband. :( In addition, I have always been thin and really haven't paid much attention to what I eat. Again - lucky. I probably have spent most of my adult life hovering around 115. My current weight is 130. I know that still isn't bad at all but its the most I've ever weighed and I'm guessing that my metabolism is finally slowing down. haha
So...my question is....has anyone else ever experience this big change in mood around their menstrual cycle? That worries me more than the weight gain. Or are both of these symptoms just a sign of getting older. I'm too early for menopause, right?!

J

Jordache

You're technically too early for menopause but not for Peri-menopause.

earlyedition

Dec 30, 2002
you weigh 130 and your gripping, I wish I weighed 130 to 133 pounds, I weigh like 159 or 160 pounds. I'm 5'3" how tall are you and no 115 is very tiny if you think you would weigh that the rest of your life you are dreaming, and I bet you look better at 130 pounds that still seems skinny to me.

A

Ariel82

i'm wondering if this should be moved to the women's forum?

I think the hormonal imbalance throws us off and makes us uncomfortable and different people react differently to those changes.

I normally get very emotional before my period. its like my fuse is cut in half and i cry or get mad at a drop of a hat, but I don't worry too much about it because our kids and our husbands learn to adapt. I also try not to act upon the feelings because I know its not their fault I'm so touchy and emotional. they aren't trying to make me mad or cry so I shouldn't take it out on them. just knowing why seems to help my self control.

S

Shiloah

Hello. I'm new to Christian Chat. I've been happily married for 16 years, I'm the mom of 2 super adopted boys (ages 4 & 9) and I'll be 39 yrs old in September.
I have always been thankful that I've never seemed to have bad PMS symptoms. People would say "it must be my time of month b/c I'm cranky", etc. Lucky for me, I never had to deal with that. Lately, however, that isn't the case. Over the past several months, I notice that I become extremely irritable about a week prior to menstruation. It is NOT fun at all. I feel bad for my children and my husband. :( In addition, I have always been thin and really haven't paid much attention to what I eat. Again - lucky. I probably have spent most of my adult life hovering around 115. My current weight is 130. I know that still isn't bad at all but its the most I've ever weighed and I'm guessing that my metabolism is finally slowing down. haha
So...my question is....has anyone else ever experience this big change in mood around their menstrual cycle? That worries me more than the weight gain. Or are both of these symptoms just a sign of getting older. I'm too early for menopause, right?!
You sound like you're just getting in the normal range finally, both with the mood change and the weight gain. Sorry. Join the rest of us women. Ha.

J

jerusalem

it is never a good idea to guess. similar symptoms can lead to vastly different diagnosis. i suggest you seek out a good ob/gyn and have a check up. better safe than sorry. God bless

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I, too, experience grouchiness one week before my period. Seems like the slightest thing will put me into orbit in 2 seconds. I have finally learned to watch the calendar and know when this time is coming so I can keep my mouth shut and try to have better self-control. It helps to know what is causing it and when it's about to occur. These hormones are funny things.

Miss

May 18, 2013
I had the same problem, I took 2 tsp. turmeric, 1/8 tsp. black pepper, mix w/ enough olive oil to make a paste ( because turmeric is oil soluble) daily, I did this daily for 6 weeks. I never had pms again. a couple of years after that I was peri-menopausal, so I started taking Mexican wild yam daily ( I still do) great for balancing hormones.

earlyedition

Dec 30, 2002
I'm allergic to black pepper and spices.